May I Share What My Car Trips are Like--O/T of anything

melodygirl

Cathlete
"WARNING: Danger eminent, step away from the car keys! Do not ride in the car with children."

The scenario...I live in BFE (you know what BFE is, do not make me type a dirty word) and to reach the nearest little town requires a thirty minute drive one way. The one store near me is a little country store which only sells the two items in the world I never purchase...cigarettes and chewing tobacco...so I do not shop there. I digress, let me move forward and relive Monday's drive to the grocery store. It should be strongly emphasized that this tale does not include the fun in the store OR during the drive home.

KER PLAT! SMACK!

"What was that?"

"Mac whacked Wil."

"Mac!"

"Well, Wil wouldn't stop licking Lee and it was really annoying me."

"Mac, you cannot slap your brother because he is licking one of your other brothers."

"Tell Wil if he is going to lick Lee, he has to do it quietly. No lapping sounds."

"But I can't lick without making sounds."

"Wait, Wil, why on earth are you licking your brother? That is so gross."

"Because Lee told me to lick him."

"You do not lick anyone for any reason. It's nasty. And Lee, why did you tell him to lick you?"

"I did not tell him to lick me. I didn't even know he was licking me."

"How can you not know someone is licking you? Wil, did he really tell you to lick him?"

"Yes, why else would I lick him. I wouldn't do something that stupid for no reason."

"Mom, are you going to make Wil lick Lee quietly? Cause if he makes that lapping noise again I'm gonna whack him again."

"Mac, you are not going to whack your brother for any reason. And Wil, there is never a time that it is OK for you to lick people.

"Not even if they tell me to?"

"Not even if they tell you to lick them. And Lee, do not ever tell anyone to lick you and if someone does lick you, tell them to stop."

"But mom, you still haven't told Wil to not make those noises when he licks Lee."

"Mac! Wil is not going to lick Lee."

"No, not if Lee doesn't tell me to lick him."

To cut short what could be a post to rival a best selling novel, I will point out this was only the first three minutes of our drive. During this outing my brain absorbed much more raw data, but I cannot bear to relive anymore conversations or events of the day. It is simply too mentally exhausting.

Now, see why I haven't been posting much lately? My brain is shot, just shot. But the body's doing good...I'm exercising with Cathe and the December rotation. How have you all been?

RE: May I Share What My Car Trips are Like--O/T of anyt...

Dear Melody,

Oh Motherhood, that sure brings back fond memories. Some days are like that, yes they are. Your mind will be back to normal anytime now. You need a rest though. Take care lady, my thoughts are with you. Poor thing. But reading it did make me LOL:7. It was just too cute:+ .

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Melody.... I can't believe that you told your son that he is never to lick people under any circumstances, even if they ask. You're setting him up for some confusion later in life}(

Okay, it's early, I can't believe I'm posting this.

Don't feel bad, Shelley, I was thinking that very same thing!!!}(

Oh, my, children can be such miracles of wonder, can't they!? Wonders what???, but that's not for me to answer!

Melody ~ What a great story to wake up to...I am ROTFLMAO. Your post caused me to have flashbacks....LOL!

I can honestly say that inappropriate licking was never an issue at my house. Melody, please give the boys a licking from their friend, Robin.

ROFL- I was reading thinking now THIS is a truthful holiday story! Real Life is so much better than "stories"..... You must be a wonderful mother as you have HUMOR and heavens know that is the secret ingredient to a life filled w/ joy!
PS: OF COURSE I know where you live! My friends say I live in BFE Texas!

>Melody.... I can't believe that you told your son that he is
>never to lick people under any circumstances, even if they
>ask. You're setting him up for some confusion later in life}(
>
>
>Okay, it's early, I can't believe I'm posting this.

I agree with Shelley!!!
I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree!!!!!!!!!!! :+

>>Melody.... I can't believe that you told your son that he
>is
>>never to lick people under any circumstances, even if they
>>ask. You're setting him up for some confusion later in
>life}(
>>
>>
>>Okay, it's early, I can't believe I'm posting this.
>
>
>I agree with Shelley!!!
>I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree!!!!!!!!!!! :+

Do you all know what's funny? I was thinking the same thing ^^^ as soon as the words left my lips!

I have to admit that my thoughts were the same as Shelley's as I read your response! I don't think I would have admitted it though!

Your boys are hilarious, Melody! I could use a bit of mindless banter in the car. My DD asked in the car yesterday, "Who made the law that says women have to change to their husband's name?" and "WHY?". Two days ago, she wanted me to explain how dogs can be a mixed breed, and if that means that horses can mate with zebras and polar bears with grizzlies? Last week, she wanted to know how a teenager can have a baby if she isn't married! Ugh. Maybe I should just lick her for distraction? :7

Kara,

Your DD conversations remind me of the time I'm driving down the road and one of the boys asked "Mom why do animals stick together when they mate?" We had just driven past a field of cows...

Maybe we need to start a separate thread to post some of our kids sayings? Do you remember Art Linkletter's Show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things"? (This really dates me!) Okay,I have one to share...my SIL was in a terrible car accident years ago and broke her neck...my daughter was about 3-4 years old at the time and when we told her about Aunt Sandy's terrible accident and that she had broken her neck, Julie asked, "Did her head fall on the floor?" :eek: I guess she took it literally & compared it to one of her dollies heads coming off. :)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Melody that is a great story. I'd like to hear about the rest of the trip:) Kids are so funny. We're sitting at dinner the other night and the 2 youngest(7 and 4) are acting up. I say to them, "I can't believe you are misbehaving at dinner" and my 4 year old son says,"Emily is misbehaving. I'm Mr. Behaving!"
I don't know where they come up with these things but I have to start writing it all down before they rob all of my brain cells from me:+

Okay, I agree with Shelley but the reason I'm posting is to find out please what BFE stands for. Just need what the B stands for and the E because I suspect I can figure out the F if I know B and E. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.