May 30, 2019

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Attention Cathe Live subscribers: Thursday May 30, 2019 at 9:15 am EST we’ll be doing “Cardio Leg Block Party” LIVE! Get ready to “work work” in a series of blocks. One block is solid cardio while the next block is all lower body. It will keep alternating like that!
Yessssserrrri cardio and muscle are about to commence!!!

Equipment Needed:

A set of 10 & 12 & 15 pound dumbbells (lighter/heavier if desired)

A high step with three risers underneath (A full-size step can easily be used if you don’t have a high step)

A barbell with a small, medium and large plate on each side. Have your barbell set up with the weight you will use for squats. Dumbbells can easily be substituted for the barbell if you don’t have a barbell.

This sounds Ahhhmazing! Sadly I will have to wait to do this one since I will be on vacation next couple of weeks, but I will be looking forward to it!!!

I noticed that Cathe Live hasn’t had a new Step workout! I know that they could be hard on her Cathe Live Crew, but I love her Step Live! Wondering when is Cathe going to do a new Step workout? Thanks Jen Den

I was just wondering if naming workouts can get challenging (whether they are Live or other.)
Hi! If you mean like naming workouts like Cathe series ICE, LITE, Strong and Sweaty, they can be intense except LITE. LITE is different. If you are intermediate exerciser like if you can do Cathe LoMax Step or you can her other series with modifications like Rockout Knockout with modifications then it is not advance.

Now, Cathe Live, almost all her Live workouts are intense. If you are only doing weights, it is still intense, but you are not doing jumping jacks. Even if the title says like Total Body Stabilty Ball it will be intense. Remember you can modify anything! When Cathe does Cathe Live she is teaching the Advanced Cathlete, but if you are a beginner there are was of modifying. Cathe also use heavier weights too at Live. For instance, let’s say you are a beginner and you are doing a bicep curl. You use 5 pounds for each arm and Cathe uses 10 pounds. You will still feel the effects, but they are at different weights.

If you want to do Cathe Live, just do it! Even if you aren’t perfect it is better then sitting in the couch! Jen Den

I do Cathe Ondemand and a little bit of Live.

Demand is what Cathe uses on the DVD. It is structured and Cathe is cueing you and doing it with you! It is choreographed perfectly, music is good. You see what you need to know to move during the workout.

Cathe Live is you see a different side of Cathe. I call this a gentler boot camp drill instructor. She still does it, but sometimes she walks around the class and tells the people in the lets go higher, etc. She doesn’t do this all the time maybe like total 5 minutes, I just guesstimating. But, you see all different body shapes and they are not models. Also, you see the human Cathe. Like when she does Step when it is almost the end she makes some mistakes cueing. It helps me to know it is okay not to be perfect.

Hopes this helps! Jen Den

Hi Jen Den,

Thanks for all of the information

I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear at all. I was trying to ask Cathe if coming up with different names for her workouts gets more and more challenging, especially naming her Live workouts, as they increase in number.

I love how she names them (love the workouts of course) I was merely curious.

Does that make sense?

Hi Jen Den,

I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear at all. I was trying to ask Cathe if coming up with different names for her workouts gets more and more challenging, especially naming her Live workouts, as they increase in number.

Does that make sense?
Yes, I understand what you are saying. You are saying if Cathe Live 1 is easy and Cathe Live 230 is super hard!

Cathe Live Number 1 is the 1st one she ever did and so on...

From what I have noticed that isn’t the case. Cathe Live is Cathe doing a workout at her gym. Now, if you are thinking about her titles like if there is an easier workout, I would look at her Strength Training ones. So, those without Cardio in the titles or Party! But, you can always modify! So, don’t be hung up on intestity. Like if she is jogging like you can walk in place. For jumping jacks, do lift each of your knees one at the time! It’s okay! Doing something is better then nothing!

I hope that has helped your question. Jen Den

I was just wondering if naming workouts can get challenging (whether they are Live or other.)

I think I know what you are asking, and I would say "yes" it probably does get harder to come up with a new
title for a new workout, after a while. Just from my experience in blending workouts in the blender, it does
get harder for me.....I have close to 600 blender workouts and believe me, it does get challenging to come
up with a title that matches a workout and at the same time, is interesting...I had a funny experience not too
long ago, I blended a workout and attempted to save it, but it would not save ! I'm like, what in the world
is wrong......I thought the blender was broke!!! Then, it dawned on me, later, that maybe I already had a
workout with the same title....and sure enough I did and that was the problem, the blender wouldn't save
another workout with the exact same name....(dummy me :) ) so I changed the name a bit and it saved
it...so, moral of the story is I'm running out of title names !!!!! :):)

1nortell, I know what you meant too, coming up with a new name for each workout I would think can get challenging. Looking back at the live workouts from the first until now I do like how Cathe can come up with these fun titles (for example, Ready, Set, Step), for some reason they just make the workout itself more interesting and fun. Even this title Cardio Leg Block party is an awesome title and I got real jazzed by it lol.

I noticed that Cathe Live hasn’t had a new Step workout! I know that they could be hard on her Cathe Live Crew, but I love her Step Live! Wondering when is Cathe going to do a new Step workout? Thanks Jen Den
Hi Jennifer...probably not for a while, as you stated the LIVE crew have a harder time with step.

Hi Jen Den,

Does that make sense?

It definitely gets tricky after this many!

The Live crew is so awesome, they barely seem to break a sweat! They make it look easy, but doing it at home, I know it’s not, and I am modifying many of the high impact moves. I really love the live workouts, I feel like I am participating in a class without leaving home. Also it so cool to watch my 66-year old body transform (verrrrry slowly!).

Hi Jennifer...probably not for a while, as you stated the LIVE crew have a harder time with step.
Oh my Gosh!!!! Cathe just made a comment on my post!!! I can’t believe it!!!!!!! Cathe you made my year, yet again!!!!! Thanks for the comment!!!!! Yea Step is tricky! I just love it!! Especially when you do it Cathe!!!!! You are amazing Cathe!!!!! You put the Step in Step, Cathe!!! I am so happy you still do the Step in some wat or form!!! Glad you are producing a new Step series this year!!! Cathe you are the BEST!!!

The Live crew is so awesome, they barely seem to break a sweat! They make it look easy, but doing it at home, I know it’s not, and I am modifying many of the high impact moves. I really love the live workouts, I feel like I am participating in a class without leaving home. Also it so cool to watch my 66-year old body transform (verrrrry slowly!).

Yea, the are amazing, Cathe Crew! And Cathe herself, instructing it is AWESOME! It is way harder then some of her Step DVDs. But, they are doable. I love Cathe’s Crew because they look like normal women and some of her women in the DVDs are in Cathe Crew, like Nicole, Lisa, Jen, Kate! They aren’t in all of them, but some of them which is awesome! Jen Den

Yes, I understand what you are saying. You are saying if Cathe Live 1 is easy and Cathe Live 230 is super hard!

No, I don't think that's what 1nortell was saying. She was asking if Cathe has trouble inventing new names for workouts, since she has so many workouts. It must be tricky to come up with new and creative names when Cathe has already named hundreds of workouts in the past. I don't think 1nortell was commenting on the difficulty of the workouts themselves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.