Masterpiece Theatre-Zen-Rufus Sewell:Anyone watching?

tralaiven

Cathlete
Is anyone else loving this series? Rufus is great. I have been a fan for years!

You can watch online at Masterpiecetheatre.com

I thought I would have to wait until it came out on DVD after screening the whole series, so thanks for the heads up! I will be watching from today onwards!! I read about it two weeks ago in Entertainment Weekly and immediately circled it with a huge red pen: it is totally up my street. Love Rufus Sewell. Did you see him in The Illusionist with Paul Giamatti, Edward Norton and Jessica Biel?

Thanks for making my day!

Clare

Maddiesmum: I did see him in the Illusionist. He is sooo gorgeous.

Rapidbreath: I agree,,,he is a real man...not really a pretty boy...but just so masculine...

He is such a good actor and has done a wonderful job with the Zen role. I hope they will do more after these 3 movies. I don't understand why he is not more popular...however,I don't know that I would wish that on him...that can be not so good for a person and I suppose he is popular enough.

Me too!! I love Rufus! He is so elegant and a real man, a perfect combination.;)

Couldn't have said it better myself!

It was awesome to check the Cathe forum today and see that I am not alone in my love of all things Rufus!

Every movie I have seen him in, he is the best part of that movie. He plays his roles so well. I watched The Tourist because I also love Johnny Depp but have to say the best part was Rufus. If you haven't seen The Tourist yet, I can't tell you what his part is or it will give it away. But when I saw Rufus, I literally stopped breathing for a moment.

I need little heart smilies!

Thanks for the link! I will be watching this as soon as I can.

If you like Rufus, try Jason Isaacs. He plays Lucius Malfoy, with blonde wig, in the Harry Potter films but in real life, looks so much more handsome. A heart stopper. See if you can catch him somewhere in the BBC's production of Kate Atkinson's "Case Histories." I haven't seen it yet but my sister was raving about it and about him! As soon as it comes out on DVD, I am all over it. Why do I always have to wait for good things?!?!?!?!

Clare

Still in love with Mr. Darcy....

Just saw it online last night!!! Sexy guy-- I remember him from Middlemarch years ago. The love interest now is of course at least 10 years younger than he is:cool:

God, I hate to say it but I watched "Cabal" last night and did not enjoy it nearly as much as I had hoped and expected to.

So much for the character's oft-lauded "integrity," he takes a cop-out from investigating the cabal in order to secure his girlfriend an ace apartment........ I thought Sewell played the part with perhaps a little too much nonchalance. Did he really care all that much? Do I?

I prefer Wallander! Sorry ladies, I hope you all keep right on enjoying! I will watch another episode before I write this off. The cinematography was lovely. Now we all need is an all-expenses trip to Venice or Rome or wherever it was filmed. Who's with me?!?! I miss being in Europe!

What I really want to watch is The killing, even if the solution is postponed to season 2. Who cares? I can handle ambiguity, but lack of consistency between character and action: not.

Clare

Yes I know!

Yes I know, I demand very high things of my TV shows!!!!!!

Burn Notice I watch just for fun, watching Jeffrey Donovan looking good while eating yoghurt, ripping off baddies and blowing stuff up. All good stuff. For some reason though, I hold the BBC to higher standards!

I will watch another episode because it is the BBC and, as you say, Rufus Sewell after all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.