March 2016 Jogglers

I can't believe it's March already!

I'm still dealing with my sinus issues but getting better finally. I felt better last weekend and did a 10K race which is one of my favorites but then had a relapse on Sunday night going into Monday. I've been coughing like crazy but I feel like I have turned a corner which is good as I am doing a 1/2 marathon trail race on Sunday morning. I figured I can always walk it if I have too. I'm really looking forward to it so I'm doing it regardless.

It's been nice here weather-wise - in the 60's and 70's the last couple of weeks. My Meyer lemon tree is blooming like crazy. I guess it's mature enough that it's become ever bearing. We've had a rather mild winter with only a couple of mornings that were below freezing so I guess it didn't hurt it any. We already have some lemons that have started and there are tons of blooms. Usually we don't get blooms until later in the spring and we don't get ripe lemons until the November so I'm looking forward to getting lemons in the summer now. I want to get a lime and peach trees as well.

Alisha ~ How are you doing? What is happening with you?

Hi Tricia.

Hi girls!

I just realized it had been a while since I checked in!

Alisha, I hope all is going well for you!

Jane, sorry about your sinus issues! I sure don't miss having that when I lived down south! Hope you are able to do your race on Sunday! How exciting about all your lemons!

I had a terrific trip to Florida! Played well and enjoyed the weather until Thursday when it got a bit cooler. Hip is doing better, which is good because I depleted my medical expense account. Between the chiropractor and PT, I was doling out $300 a week! Didn't take long to use what I had all up. Fingers crossed that I don't relapse or have neck issues for a while!

Still not doing anything with workouts. Gotta find a way to get going again. On the positive side, at least my weight is staying steady.

I recovered well enough to do the race on Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous trail and beautiful weather. My sister and I both struggled a little due to being sick but it was well worth it. It was my slowest 1/2 marathon but the course was 13.4 miles plus we got turned around so I'm sure we did closer to 14 miles. I'd love to go back and do it again. I'm really loving trail runs. I'm trying to find a trail half in the fall.

I'm going out for a run tonight. My legs are feel good.

The weather here has been in the 70's and 80's. I hope it stays this way for a while. Cool mornings and pleasant afternoons. No heat or a/c needed! I love watching the lemons grow. The blueberries are doing good as well.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you trip to Florida went well. I hope you continue to feel better.

Hi Alisha.

Last edited:
Jane I am sorry that your race was hard. I hope you feel better soon.

Tricia I am so glad you had a good time on your FL trip. I hope your neck is feeling good.

I have been to see the chiropractor a lot lately. He is helping me with my right leg/knee. I am allowed to exercise, but I am not confident to run/hike outside. I did a low impact cardio/weights 30 min. workout this morning.

Alisha

I have fully recovered....finally!!

I have been working out as well. I did not do a long run on Sunday because it was supposed to rain (which it never did) but I did do running workouts on both Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday I did a weight workout. Tonight is a rest day.

Alisha ~ I hope the chiropractor can help you out.

The weather continues to be beautiful here -- in the 80's with low humidity but lots of pollen. It will be getting a bit cooler towards the end of the week.

I did 2 miles this morning. According to the dentist, I have a cavity :confused: Dang it, that explains why I've been feeling tired. I have an appointment to have it filled on April 7.

Jane I'm so glad that you are feeling better :):)

Tricia, I hope your neck is still feeling good.

Alisha ~ Sorry about the cavity. Yikes! I hope your right knee/leg is feeling better. Although it must be since you did 2 miles on Saturday.

I have been working out and feeling good. I did a workout on Saturday morning that involved, swings, jump rope, kettlebell presses and various walks (farmer's and racked) with 2 kettlebells. On Sunday I ran 9 miles. I felt good.

Hi Tricia, Hope all is well.

Last edited:
Happy Monday!

We fell to the second page. I hope everyone had a great Easter. We really didn't do much. It rain all weekend so I did not get my runs in but I did workout doing jump rope, sit ups, squats and farmer's walk.

Jane I did have a good Easter. I have to get a cavity filled tomorrow at the Dentist. I did go for a hike this morning outside in the sunshine. It is 83° today :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.