Managing my PM box. Could use some help.

BAM

Cathlete
I am so dysfunctional when it comes to computer related stuff. :confused: Could someone tell me how to manage my pm's without deleting them? I don't want to sit and read them all but want to free up space in my pm box. It accounts for all that you've sent and received. I think I tried creating a folder to put them in awhile back and it didn't work. I don't even know if this is the solution. I would be most appreciative if someone could walk this challenged person through it. :D

Thanks so much!
Bam

I am so dysfunctional when it comes to computer related stuff. :confused: Could someone tell me how to manage my pm's without deleting them? I don't want to sit and read them all but want to free up space in my pm box. It accounts for all that you've sent and received. I think I tried creating a folder to put them in awhile back and it didn't work. I don't even know if this is the solution. I would be most appreciative if someone could walk this challenged person through it. :D

Thanks so much!
Bam

Log into your PM INBOX and at the far top right hand corner is a little box that you can check and it will automatically check all of your inbox personal messages. You can also individually check PM's you want to save if you don't want to save all of them. When you are done, scroll down to the bottom and at the far right there is a long box that says:
Selected Messages: Move to.... That's where you would select whether to save, delete etc. Choose Download as TEXT. The other two extensions are for excel spread sheets and another extension type file I don't want to get into. So after you chose "Download as TEXT" press "GO". That will download all the PM's you chose into your Download file on your computer. That's where it may become complicated for you if you don't know where your "downloads" go to. More then likely you are running anything from Windows XP to a newer Windows 7 operating system. I run Windows 7 and everything I download goes to my Downloads file (which is where I have specified it to go). Your pm's will show up in a file folder named Private Messaged and they are perfectly readable. Try doing a test run first. :D

Thank you DirtDiva! So does that mean that there is no way to retain old messages on the Cathe site? Once you meet your total of 100 messages (written or received), you need to delete or disperse them beyond what's available on Cathe's site?

Thanks again!
Bam

Thank you DirtDiva! So does that mean that there is no way to retain old messages on the Cathe site? Once you meet your total of 100 messages (written or received), you need to delete or disperse them beyond what's available on Cathe's site?

Thanks again!
Bam

Yup, I believe so. Storage always costs money. In my experience, Cathe has a very generous PM limit, so that's good. Usually what I do to pair down is delete most of my *sent* pm's.

Yup, I believe so. Storage always costs money. In my experience, Cathe has a very generous PM limit, so that's good. Usually what I do to pair down is delete most of my *sent* pm's.

Thank you again! Got it! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Now I have to take the time to go through everything to see what I want to save. I'll add that to my "to do" list of 137+ items. :p

Have a happy and healthy New Year!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.