Mallorca is a cyclist heaven!

lainabaina

Cathlete
I am posting this for any of you who are cyclists and tend to plan your vacations around cycling like we do. Just returned from a trip to Mallorca (Spain) and had a glorious 6 days in a row of beautiful & scenic riding. We rented road bikes (very nice ones, some even had electric shifting) and did 3 rides that had a good bit of climbing & 3 that were mostly flat. We pretty much got around the whole island in the 6 days of riding. We would ride for a few hours, then grab some lunch at a cafe, sitting outside, drink a cappucino then ride another few hrs. pure heaven. what amazed me the most was the number of cyclists there. this place is very cyclist-friendly and while we were just a group of 8, there would be tables of 15-20 cyclists anytime we would stop for lunch. one day as we descended a mountain, I bet we passed 100 cyclists climbing up. it was unreal! and being from Georgia, where it is super humid & hot, the weather was just perfect. it was a little chilly one day when we climbed out near Alcudia, but nothing that a vest & arm warmers couldn't fix. I hope we can go back again. my favorite part was climbing the first switchback, hearing a cowbell and then looking over my left shoulder to see a cute little brown billy goat standing on a steep slope eating grass. too cute. highly recommend a trip there if this is your cup of tea.

This is my dream vacation. As soon as our teens leave the nest, this is exactly what were going to do. My dentist is an avid cyclist and he and his wife travel four times a year all over the world. On every wall of his practice, he has photos of all the places he's cycled through. When I saw him last month he was giddy from his trip to Spain, he said of all the places he has been, this was by far the most biker friendly area he had ever traveled to and the scenery was stunning. Thanks for sharing, it will spur us on to keep saving up.

This would def be a dream come true for my hubby & myself! Oh, how I hope it happens someday! Any pix to share???

This would def be a dream come true for my hubby & myself! Oh, how I hope it happens someday! Any pix to share???

Debbie - there are some pics & videos on my FB page. i didn't take any myself, but we have access to quite a few. just gorgeous over there!

Thanks for the update! So glad you had a good time. Sounds like something my husband and I would love to do, once we stop giving all of our money to our children :rolleyes::)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.