MakeUp Question

Stacy

Cathlete
I haven't bought new eye shadow in awhile and I'm having a hard time finding a Matte only powder eyeshadow (warm nueturals) that also comes with an applicator! I have found only a select few that comes with about 5+ colors I'll never use or when I look at the details, they are cream based and I'm looking for a powder. Help!

Ohhh makeup talk..yayy!!

I haven't seen any with an applicator included in quite awhile because everyone seems to be using brushes. The set I love that has warm neutrals I purchased at ULTA. I have been using it for several years now but I don't wear my makeup heavy.
I have the tartelette in bloom palette but there are lots of options in the link below. The palette has mostly matte and a couple of shimmers but they are a real subtle shimmer. I didn't used to use shimmers but they do help smooth/reflect light if applied lightly.
https://tartecosmetics.com/shop/makeup/eyes/eyeshadow-palettes/

The morphe brand brushes work really well and are reasonably priced. See the crease blending and pro round blender brush https://www.ulta.com/ulta/a/_/Ntt-Morphe Brush/Nty-1?Dy=1&ciSelector=searchResults

You could also go to a Sephora and have a good time exploring makeup with a consultant

Go for Sigma brushes instead. More pricey, but so SO much better quality that Morphe. They hold up much better after several washings. And Morphe is a shady company anyway. Involved in some scandals and shady dealings.

I could talk makeup all day and I have a huge and I mean HUGE collection of palettes. And entire Alec drawer full of palettes lol.

I love the Urban Decay Naked palettes, esp. the Naked Reloaded.

Juvia's Place has a couple really nice neutral palettes, like Warrior.

And Colourpop is awesome! They are super affordable, like less than $20 for most of their palettes and are good quality. I love the Going Coconuts, That's Taupe, and California Love palettes.

You can also just buy single shadows. Colourpop has single shadows and you can just get the 2-3 shades you want and would use. I also have quite a few of their singles. Along with Makeup Geek singles.

I haven't bought new eye shadow in awhile and I'm having a hard time finding a Matte only powder eyeshadow (warm nueturals) that also comes with an applicator! I have found only a select few that comes with about 5+ colors I'll never use or when I look at the details, they are cream based and I'm looking for a powder. Help!
I haven't used an applicator in years just because I prefer the long brushes in different shapes for the eyes, but an eye shadow I have used consistently (in neutrals) is naturally pretty essentials by it cosmetics at Ulta Beauty. It's called the Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette and has 7 different shades. I think you would love it. Makeup is my second addiction after workouts. :)

Try something that suits your skin tone. One thing that I've learned over the course of these years is that you should always get a good product because being cheap can cost you in the long run. Many friends of mine have ruined their skin because they didn't buy premium makeup products. A lash lift kit can be a great investment and you're able to do it in your own home. Going to the saloon for everything is an expensive operation and it's not always worth it, especially with things that you can do by yourself with a little bit of practice.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.