Magic Bullet Blender...FYI (a little long, but good to know)

geojill

Cathlete
I have a Magic Bullet and have really enjoyed using it to make my protein shakes. I contacted customer service to try to order a new crossblade and gasket and am stunned at what they are requiring of me since I don't have my proof of purchase. I received it as a gift about 2 years ago probably and have used it almost every day since. I don't have my box or my recipe booklet, they're long gone. If anyone is thinking of buying one, I wanted to show you what they sent me and to ask you to think about spending your money elsewhere. It is the most ridiculous, insulting thing ever:

Thank you for your response. We would like to assist you with replacement parts for your Magic Bullet, but since you do not have proof of purchase, we will need to determine that our replacement parts will be compatible with your Magic Bullet. Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming success of our product we have identified several unauthorized replicas of the Magic Bullet. We cannot attest to the safety or quality of using our replacement parts with these unauthorized replicas since we do not manufacture or warranty them.

If you wish to purchase replacement parts without proof of purchase, we will need to first identify if your Magic Bullet is actually manufactured by Homeland Housewares. Please send us a copy of the following pages from your 10-Second Recipe book and User guide as follows:

· 10-Second Recipe book (open to back pages showing the 1-year limited Warranty)

· 10-Second Recipe book (front cover) 10-Second Recipe book (back cover)

We also require that you send pictures of your main base and box. Please include the following pictures below:

· Magic Bullet Power Base (back showing the vent holes)

· Magic Bullet Power Base (back showing the label and any serial numbers)

· Magic Bullet Power Base (looking from the top down into the unit, showing the center gear and liner)

· Magic Bullet Power Base (bottom of the unit showing bottom vents and feet)

· Magic Bullet Box (front of box)

Please indicate:

· How many pieces did you have in your Magic Bullet Kit

· The color of the box that it came in

· When was the unit purchase

· What color is the center gear on the main base

Also, they need you to describe in detail just how this "Magic Bullet" passed through both JFK and Governer Connlley, which the Warren Commission has hung their whole theory on who killed JFK.

That happened when mine broke a few years ago. I just went out and bought a competitors model. It's a litte silly to require you to do that and frankly, I think they do it b/c they know that so many people won't bother.

Yeah, that made me so mad, though! So I will most definitely spend my money on a competitor's product. But before I do, I want to be sure that people that are thinking of buying one realize what kind of customer service they have and take their business elsewhere. Customer service really reflects on the company. For example, I like Tae Bo but Billy has the worst customer service company and it makes people not want to buy his videos...at least from there. Cathe has some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with and so whenever I buy a new Cathe video I will be sure to buy it from her site! But because you have to buy Magic Bullet components from the manufacturer, I'm SOL and will have to buy a whole new product.

Wow, *shaking head*

Guess I won't be buying one of these. Are they as easy to use as they look?

Missy

I would write to the CEO's Co. and let them know how you feel. I've noticed Kitchen Aid does the same thing. I had to go through a lot of that nonsense with them as well.

My Magic bullet is becoming a little used and don't want to go through what you did.

What are the competitors names, so I can be on the watch for this?

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

I'm not sure, but I've seen things that look like a Magic Bullet. I think that maybe I'll just buy a blender or something. I didn't ever use the Bullet for chopping because more often than not it made paste, even if you 'pulsed' it. But I use it every day for protein shakes and for blending eggs for scrambled eggs. You know, if they would have just let me order the piece I needed I would still be raving about it.

I'm not a moron and I think that they just don't want to get sued by someone who IS a moron and put a part for a Magic Bullet into something that is not and had the thing catch on fire or something. I replied to the email I got with the above information and let them know what I thought....we'll see what they say about it.

What a pain! (and B.S. as well)
You'd think that if their real concern is that the parts will fit and that you have a real Magic Bullet, you could furnish some serial number from the bottom of the base.

>My Magic bullet is becoming a little used and don't want to go
>through what you did.
>
>What are the competitors names, so I can be on the watch for
>this?

My Magic Bullet is very well used, and will be in need of replacement sometime next year, I think (though I do have one replacement gasket left, which should give it some more time).

I was thinking of getting another one (since I already have the mugs that fit), but I might just buy a Tribest personal blender instead (there's even one that works with mason jars as well as their plastic jars). www.tribestlife.com .

I'm not piling on here...oh, who am I kidding, of course I am piling on...but..the terms Billy Blanks and customer service should never be used in the same context....simply pathetic. I once got 5 DVD's sent to me from on order I never placed...x( I was told I was responsible for shipping them back, so I promptly shipped them into the nearest trash can I could find.

RE: Magic Bullet Blender...FYI (a little long, but good...

Check out Item #K-7999 - BACK TO BASICS - Chris Freytag - Fitness Blender - 350 Watts and only $19.86 on qvc.com

Viki-NYC :)

Thanks Viki! I was at Walmart with DH and found something similar. I realized that the only thing I use a blender-type appliance for is protein shakes, so something like that would be perfect for me :)

>Thanks Viki! I was at Walmart with DH and found something
>similar. I realized that the only thing I use a blender-type
>appliance for is protein shakes, so something like that would
>be perfect for me :)

You're welcome, Jill.

Viki-NYC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.