Magazines

katia7

Cathlete
I was wondering if you guys could suggest a fitness magazine. I'm looking for a motivating magazine that has a lot of good TRUE information on fitness, nutrition, and weight loss.

If you can ignore supplement ads (at least they are clearly ads, not disguised as articles) then try Muscle Media. It's not "girlified" like some, but very readable and informative. I especially like the articles by Pavel Tsatsouline. He is a kick (and very good at communicating fitness information to the user).

-Connie

I agree on ALL of the above!! :) Have choosing one! I can't choose so I just receive them all and drive my hubby crazy! Susan

I subscribe to: Fitness, Shape and Oxygen.
I recently purchased Fitness Rx and loved it. So I will now be adding that to my subsrcription list.
If my DH only knew...shhhh.
:p
Patricia

I subscribe to Muscle and Fitness Hers, Oxygen, Fitness, Shape, and Self. The magazines I look forward to getting the most are Muscle and Fitness Hers and Oxygen. They are informative and the featured models are muscular and fit, compared to the models in Shape and Fitness who are a little more like your traditional model. I get more useful information on nutrition and muscle development from these magazines, but am a fitness junkie so I get all the magazines!:)

I also like Muscle and fitness hers and Oxygen.I bought Shape,Fit,Self....all those types of mags for a long time.I stopped buying them b/c it seemed to have all the same stuff in there over the past 3 yrs.It just kept me motivatd for a while but it doesn't anymore.Now that I am into weight lifting, I like reading those types of magazines.
Lori

I subscribe to Prevention, Men's Health, Fitness, and Shape. I'm going to drop Shape because the emphasis has become that of much younger chicks with makeup concerns. I want to read about workouts in a workout magazine, darn it! Fitness is not quite so bad. Prevention is good for nutrition mostly, but DOES have some workout stuff. Primarily walking.

My very most favorite remains Men's Health!

>I subscribe to Prevention, Men's Health, Fitness, and Shape.
>I'm going to drop Shape because the emphasis has become that
>of much younger chicks with makeup concerns. I want to read
>about workouts in a workout magazine, darn it!

Doesnt that make you nuts?! That's why I don't like Shape or Fit or Self. I want workout info. Serious workout info, not fluff.

Did any of you order your subscription online? If so, what is a good site with decent prices to order from (I'm thinking of Oxygen)? I have found tons of discount subscription sites and haven't a clue about any of them.

That's precisly why I cancelled my subscriptions to Shape, and Fit. The models seem too thin to me and the information they offered isn't (in my opinion) for someone who exercises the way we do. The other one I like now is Women's Health and Fitness. Susan

My favotite is Muscle and Fitness Hers. Though it now also contains those annoying Hydroxycut ads disguised as articles, it's always full of interesting info. If I read only one fitness magazine, I think this would be it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.