M&F Hers back in buisness

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
Surprise, surprise...one of my favorite mags is back in buisness. The first copy after the magazine stopped publishing is back on the stands and will be published regularly according to the editor. Yippee!

Good news! Is that monthly? Or maybe quarterly? I hope they don't mess up the format again. Remeber when they changed it and then changed it back?
Jo

I think its going to be monthly. They did mention in the letter from the editor that the format will be slightly changed. I haven't gone through the new issue yet and can't give you my opinion.

Thanks Cathy - I used to love this magazine so I hope it's as good as it once was! I was really bummed when they discontinued it!

Jo

I was surprised to see it on the newsstand last week. It was the thinnest magazine on the rack. I had a subscription and they substituted the regular M&F for it. I get it and usually just throw it away. They "claim" they have a part for women, but it is usually just a girl modeling a bikini, almost in the centerfold. yuk!

Yeah, I'm really curious if they will send out information about the magazine starting up again to all the subscribers who are now getting muscle and fitness and give us the option of receiving hers muscle and fitness again. They ought to give us a break and send us a few issues at no cost, considering that these people seem to have a problem getting their stuff together. I mean that in as nice a way as possible.

I wish they would make up their mind if they want to keep this magazine going or not. I had my M&F Hers subscription cancelled because they stopped publishing. grrrrrr. Now I'm getting M&F for men.

I sent an email to M&F Hers asking why the subscribers weren't notified of their recent resurrection and Marcy told me that we can't subscribe to it, it will only be offered in stores.

I still haven't been able to find the newest one. Seems the stores don't want them anymore either.

What? Now we can't subsribe to the magazine? So we have to buy it in stores, geez sometimes it seems as though women continue to get the short end of the stick. That's kind of a gip:.(

"I still haven't been able to find the newest one. Seems the stores don't want them anymore either."

i have been to five stores over the weekend looking and i can't seem to find it either. well women and weightlifting down here don't really go hand in hand so i can see why the stores in this area won't carry it. which is even more a dissappointment that its not offered as a subcription deal. i like shape and fitness but its only has like 7 pages that i actually use for workouts and nutrtion.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

>I sent an email to M&F Hers asking why the subscribers
>weren't notified of their recent resurrection and Marcy told
>me that we can't subscribe to it, it will only be offered in
>stores.
>
Is it really a regular publication then, or the same "special issue" thing they were talking about before?

On VF, someone said they are now going back into regular (ie: monthly or bi-monthly publication).

I picked up on of their "special" issues (dated October), and it is full of recycled articles (with new pictures!) Is this what people are refering to when they say M&F is "back in business"? Because if so, the publishers are just doing what they said they would be doing after cancelling subscriptions (coming out with occasional "special issues")

I used to love M&F Hers, but I've had enough of it. I'll stick with Women's Health.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.