M.B.T. shoes?

Ok, I've been having problems again with my feet ... been seeing a podiatrist who has tried various inserts in preparation for orthotics. The inserts have helped but haven't completely eliminated the pain. The dr. today suggested I look into MBT shoes. I've searched the net and most sites seem to give them good reviews, however, they are very expensive (at least to me) ~$250. Has anyone tried these? Are they really worth that much money? TIA for any comments. Deb

I have a pair of these and I love them. They are all I wear when I run. They are the only shoes that don't cause my shin to hurt after I am done! The only problem I have with them is that I tend to over pronate (walk from the outside of my heel to the inner part of the ball of my foot) when I walk. Thus, the outer sole of my shoes are already worn to the foam and I just bought them last May!

I would also suggest another type of shoe that my DH (who is disabled) and I are looking into. The look funny, but I have heard great comments about them and they are a bit less expensive than the MBTs. Z-coil are shoes that have a hard orthotic foot base, but an actual spring in the heel. I *so* want to try them!!! The shoes are adjusted for the way you walk when you purchase them and can be replaced very easily!

I did a web search for z-coil and got lots of hits. Good Luck!

Amy, you run in your MBTs? I've seen them in catalogues and find them intriguing. (NOT intriguing enough to part with $250 so far, though...) Do you think people could wear them for kickboxing, step, etc? Or would they be best just for walking and running? They don't look that stable to me, is it hard to balance?

Amy, you run in your MBTs? I've seen them in catalogues and find them intriguing. (NOT intriguing enough to part with $250 so far, though...) Do you think people could wear them for kickboxing, step, etc? Or would they be best just for walking and running? They don't look that stable to me, is it hard to balance?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.