Lucky Brand Jeans are for Little Bitty People

Stringbean

I went shopping for a new pair of jeans. I went into a Lucky Brand Jeans store. Now, I am not dainty. I am 5'10" and wear a size 12/14. I am not big, just average for my height. I could not find a single thing in that store to fit me. Their size 14 jeans looked like a size 10 or 8. I found a cute t-shirt that I liked. I held it up and said "this must be a size small, I will look for a large." Well, the t-shirt was a size XL!

I left that store feeling really bad about myself. In addition, how do teenage girls feel about it? They see all the "little girls" wearing Lucky Jeans but they cant wear them because they are "too big". Talk about bad body image.

I am never setting foot in that store again.

I'm not little bitty and I just paid too much money for a pair of Lucky jeans that I'm THRILLED with. They have different styles. What style did you try on? I have looked and looked for jeans that are comfortable, fit, and are fashionable and Lukcy was the first brand in years that I've been happy with. I've already washed these things twice b/c I've worn them so much and I've only had them one week! Sorry they didn't work out for you!
Angela:7

Something else to keep in mind is that Lucky Brand uses "juniors" sizing - meaning that everything is about 2 sizes smaller than the standards that you might normally wear.

I am normally a 6, and my favorite jeans are True Religion, which also is sized with "juniors". I find that I normally need to wear their size 10 in order to have them fit me correctly.

But the other ladies are right as well, different styles will fit you differently, so you have to pay attention to what you're trying on, and be cogniscent of your body type (ex: I can't wear straight cut pants of any sort because I have larger thighs...)

Just adding another option.:)

I asked my niece (who is 5'8") who wears Lucky's all the time, what style she wears, and she said she wears her husbands. They look terrific on her, so that might be something to look into.

Okay, I have a question. If Lucky jeans are sized for juniors, then do they have sizes for us "women"??? I am talking about us 'curvy' women:7 . (working on less curves, but not yet!)

I don't own any lucky jeans, but a friend of mine has a pair and she is curvy. Also in the other recent Lucky jeans thread, several posters stated that the jeans run bigger and they were advised to go down a size. Now, I am confused!

Stringbean, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I usually have the same problem in reverse. The population is growing taller, and I'm barely 5'3", so it's always so difficult for me to find clothes. There are a few brands of jeans that have "short" sizes, and Lucky is one of them, so I do well with Lucky. I guess it's difficult on both ends of the spectrum. If we could all be 5'6", shopping would be a dream.
-Nancy

ETA: Amy and others, trust me, Lucky jeans fit women. I'm VERY curvy and they fit me great.

I am a curvy woman and I wear Lucky Jeans. I went into their store and worked with the salesperson. They gave me a couple of pairs to try. I usually wear a size 10 or a size 12 in jeans. I have a couple of pairs of Levi's that are size 12. I was able to get a pair in a size 12 pair of Lucky's (the 10's were too small). I really love them so I bought another pair online. Unfortunately since then, I have lost some weight and the 12's are getting too big. In general, I do have problems buying pants because I am short waisted and have a butt and thighs. Even though I lost 40 pounds I still have issues with pants. I usually wear skirts and dresses to work and mainly wear jeans on the weekends. I even have problems buying shorts.

Sorry for your bad experience with Lucky Jeans. I am a smaller size, but I've definitely got a butt and thighs. I can only wear their Easy Rider style which is more of a relaxed fit. The other styles I can't even get past my thighs. So maybe you can give Lucky Jeans another chance. It should help if you have a decent salesperson. And if they still don't work for you, don't let it get you down. As you said, you're average for your height, so don't let today's clothing "standard" sizes affect your self-esteem!

Melissa

>Something else to keep in mind is that Lucky Brand uses
>"juniors" sizing - meaning that everything is about 2 sizes
>smaller than the standards that you might normally wear.
>

That makes me feel soooo much better because when I tried on my normal size and couldn't get those jeans past my calves (my calves are the most muscular part of my body LOL), I must admit I had the panicked, "Oh no, have I really gone up in size??" thought.

I'll have to go back and try a pair that's 2 sizes up from my normal one.

Jennifer

Oh I know how traumatic that can be! Lucky jeans sizes do vary a lot by style like everyone said. If you're up for spending a bunch on jeans, look at Joe's jeans. I got some at Nordstrom Rack for $60 but they have them at Nordstrom and Anthropologie. They are big self esteem boosters! Look even cuter than Lucky's in my opinion.

: )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.