Lower Body Solutions

rjjsb519

Has anyone heard of this? I'm on an advanced rotation using Cathe and the Firm, this is my 4th week and I'm seeing results but this week I had to take 2 days off instead of 1 because I may be overtraining.

I've been doing it since May, and I have finally begun to shape up the way I have always wanted to. The problem had been that I was not working my legs hard enough. I do 3 days of standing leg work alternated with 3 days of floor leg work. I don't have "Cathe" legs yet, but my legs have really slimmed down.

What is Lower Body Solutions? Is it a format/program to follow for shaping your lower body? Would you mind sharing where you got your information?
Thanks,
Maddie

It's a book by Laura Dayton which, to put it in a nutshell, advocates working your legs every day. I was working my legs twice a week, and neglecting inner and outer thigh work, thinking that squats, lunges and plies were going to de-jiggle my legs.

Now, like I said, I alternate standing and floor work six days a week. It's not so bad, and it really works if you have really stubborn legs like mine. I use Power Circuit and Circuit Max as standing leg workouts to get a cardio/weight combo on workdays. I bought a bunch of Firm tapes but now just use Cathe's along with Spri products for leg extensions, outer thighs and hamstrings.

Hi,
I have been doing this for about 4 weeks now and I already see the results also. I was like Honeybunch and only worked my legs twice a week. Now I do 3 days standing and 3 floor workouts a week. I mostly use Cathe tapes also. Even dug out the old Fit & Firm and did the floor & Ab portion of that the other day.
Debbie

Hi, I was wondering for those of you doing 3 days of standing legs and 3 days of floor....what is your routine. I dont have access to a gym and own all of Cathe tapes plus one Firm and most of KV's. You were saying you didnt work your legs hard enough, did you really mean you didnt work them frequently enough?? Because, I was wondering if I did only the floor portion of Power Strength would that count as my sole floor leg work, ie. is that "hard enough"??

I really appreciate any input, my thighs have been my worst enemy forever!!

:) Stacy

Is the idea that your legs never get bigger because they don't have enough rest or time to rebuild muscle tissue? DOn't you always feel sore then? I like to work legs and would do it more often, I just thought that I shouldn't. Jeanne

Honeybunch, tell us more about this Laura Dayton book. Does she specify that working legs every day means 3 standing and 3 floor work??? Or is it just to work them hard every day? Also, this is for what kind of leg problems. Mine are skinny with upper thigh jiggles. Is this program targeted for someone like me? Should I buy the book or is this pretty much all I need to know? TIA, Robin.

This is the website that I got all my informaion at http://www.virtualfit-trainer.com/LBS.htm. It went into quite a bit of detail. I did buy the book (a little pricey $25.00) but I felt that I got just as much information at this site. The book gave you 16 week plan but it was all done on your own (not using tapes). At the website they have some rotations made up using a variety of different tapes. I make up my own rotations using the tapes I have. If anyone wants me to post a couple of the rotations that I am doing I will.
Debbie

Deb, yes I'd love to see a couple of your rotations. Only if it's not too much trouble. Thanks, Robin. Now, I'm off to the website.

Hi Robin,
I have put together 8 weeks of rotation. The site also talks about a 2 week heavy rotation(more strength and less cardio) and a 2 week light rotation(more cardio less strength) which I have incorported into my workout routine with the Lower Body Solution.
If you would like me to email all of them to you (it is an awful lot to post) I will if you post your email address. You could modify or substitute anywhere you feel necessary. I am on Week 4 of my Rotation.
Debbie

I like to boil everything down to its simplest form....and for me I wanted to incorporate the Lower Body Solution into my regular routine. I made the mistake of buying a whole bunch of unnecessary tapes (Firm) because I wanted to do the tape rotation posted on the virtual-fit site.

To put it simply.....for standing leg work (to which I add leg extentions and leg curls with Spri equipment).....

1)I do one standing Cathe leg tape such as Leaner legs, PS Legs, or Slow & heavy legs.

2)I also will do either Power Circuit or Circuit Max which makes another standing leg workout.

3)Then on the weekend when I have more time, I'll do a standing routine like I would do at the Y using Spri products. I do a leg press (Ultratoner), donkey kick (Ultratoner), Leg curl (Ultratoner) and leg extention (Xering). At the Y I would use 4 machines...leg press, butt blaster, leg extension and leg curl.

For floor work I do what would relate to the inner and outer thigh machines at the Y, which means only 2 exercises....
1) Outer thigh (abductors)- with Xering. "Standing Straight Leg Hip abduction
2) Inner thigh - (with Fitball) "Inner thigh squeeze." This is just plain old placing the ball between your legs and squeezing like you would on an adductor machine.

I do three sets of each unless I want to do more with my inner thigh work.

I just incorporate this into a regular cardio routine....I'm doing Cathe's CTX series right now, so it's very easy to fit this other stuff in. So I'll get in 5 cardio sessions along with my leg work. CTX is PERFECT for this.

I hate to get bogged down with rotations that take over your life, and I quickly gave up on trying to follow the ones in Laura Dayton's book.

If you don't want to buy to book, just work your legs more, plain and simple. She says to do AT LEAST 4-6 days of leg work, which translates to 2-3 days of standing work and 2-3 days of floor work.

I hope I've made all this understandable. It's a good system, but it doesn't have to be complicated.

"Just a suggestion, take it or leave it."

Great website, thanks a lot!!!
I have to say I love Cathe's website, because she is the best out there, but also because of how we help each other and the information we learn from one another.

RE: Debbie, use my download site...

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your suggestion. I did not think of that. I am not really sure how to do it but I will give it a try. Wish me luck.
Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.