Lower Body Pyramid

l_fam

Cathlete
I did the Lower Body Pyramid today for the second time. It's a great lower body workout and I can see and feel my trouble spots, my hamstrings, responding very well (yes, already)! I teach Body PUMP and Body STEP and am planning to do Lower Body Pyramid when I get home from my Body STEP classes on Monday and Friday mornings. Also, I'm planning to do LBP on Wednesday mornings. After 4 weeks, I'll change my routine somehow.

I love the step-ups, however, I use a 12" step. I'm 5'3-1/2" and slightly taller than Cathe, but I find that the step-ups ( the music) is just a tad too fast for me. It really surprised me that I couldn't keep up with the step-ups! So, I do the same amount of step-ups, with the same reps and weights, and join Cathe right before the static lunges. For those of you are awaiting the DVD's, you will have time to change the weights on your bar. You just gotta be quick!

Because I have done (and taught) step since its inception, my calves are very well defined, so I don't do the calf work. I use the minutes that Cathe does calf work to put away my step, risers and plates and bar. Today I decided to do some tricep dips and overhead presses instead (another trouble spot for me.

The stability ball exercies are very challenging, especially the one when you put one leg on the ball and lift the other leg into the air. Talk about making the core of your body work work work! The exercises whereby you put both feet on the ball are much easier.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Don't you just love PLB, I've done it three times already, in just one week. Even upped my weights, I think the New Intensity Series are some of Cathe's best work.

I'm having problems too, trying to stabilize the ball. However, each time I do it, it gets easy. Good luck!!

Teddygirl (who's ready to take the next step)

hey guys,

i, too, have done lbp and am definitely still feeling it 2 days later!! does anyone have suggestions for keeping the stability ball from sliding all over the place? i gave up and just put my foot on a stationery object so i could get on with it but did anyone else encounter this? i tried it on carpet and a regular tile floor. sorry if this question is a duplicate. thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.