Lower Body Band work on DVDs

mrsprincess07

Cathlete
Dear Cathe or Whomever May Know-

I have Gym Styles Legs and Butts n Guts which have lower body premixes that focus on Floor Work, some of which uses bands. I also have Turbo Barre but I don't remember the premix options. I am not able to do lunges anymore and today, found out just how bad my knee if with squats which is a first, ever. I have to rebuild the stability as well as strengthen the smaller muscles and connective tissues before I can add things like body weights squats then traditional weighted squats; just like I would if I went to a PT's office. Because basically, I've spent too many months and years in PT. I have neither the time or interest in going when I can do it at home. I just find it more interesting to follow a DVD vs it on my own which gets boring.

My question would be:

Which additional DVDs have premixes or entire chapters dedicated to Lower Body Floor Work and/or Lower Body Band work? I like how GS and BnG have 20+ minutes dedicated to mat/band work.

(High reps, perhaps, but I can't remember)

Also... I'm looking for Cathe-only workouts. I've purged 100s of DVDs in the recent yrs and am quite selective about what I buy these days.

Thanks for the help

Pyramid lower body has a floor work section using the ball or the high step. Legs and glutes uses angles weights, but you could use non if you want. Great glutes and Lean legs each have "sections/chapters" that are lower body/floor/ball/band work. I'm sure there are a few more but I'm drawing a blank right now. Hope this helps for now. Best of luck.

Pyramid lower body has a floor work section using the ball or the high step. Legs and glutes uses angles weights, but you could use non if you want. Great glutes and Lean legs each have "sections/chapters" that are lower body/floor/ball/band work. I'm sure there are a few more but I'm drawing a blank right now. Hope this helps for now. Best of luck.

It does, thank you!

I also just remembered that on the shopping pages/DVD descriptions that she lists "premixes". So while not all of the 2010 and beyond DVDs have floorwork premixes, there seems to be many that have those segments.

long-term sleep deprivation is a bad thing. I love my kids but whoa.

In addition, you can find lots of shorter tubing/band workouts on youtube for free. They are not Cathe quality or formatted exactly like a thorough DVD workout of course. Denise Austin (through BeFit), Linda Woolridge, Jessica Smith, UpsideDownPIlates are just a few. Doing a search for 'floor barre' will turn up many joint/knee friendly exercises. I find being in any type of rehab phase of training, you really need to build your own workouts with the guidance of your PT. Some things from some instructors are gonna work out great, while others do not. Mixing it up is fun too!

Best of luck to you in your recovery. I'm with you with not being so dependent on PTs. I ended buying books and attending courses etc. over the years (I just finished a myofascial self release course which has been extremely useful to lesson my trips to acupuncture) and do nearly everything myself, visiting a PT twice a year now for consults. If you have the motivation, after consultations, I think it can be done at home. Not for everyone's ailments/disabilities of course, but for some.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.