Low Impact Workouts

TinaT

Hi Cathe ~

I am new to your forum, but not to fitness and working out. I am 40 years old and consider myself to be a "high Intermediate/Low Advance Exerciser". I just wanted to comment on the low impact workouts you've designed so far and say "thank you". I've avoided your workout for years because I am not a high impact person, though I see the value and desire in having them available.

My only suggestion for you in new workouts to offer a "low impact" workout with every series you design. "Low Max" is my favorite at this moment. The intensity is grueling, yet welcomed. I would love more workouts with the high intensity factor. I see changes daily in my legs due to workouts like Low Max.

Other than that, I trust in your professionalism and what you have designed over the years. So, my only preference in your workouts, is keeping it "Low".

TinaT
Faith ~ Family ~ Fitness

I want to give this a bump because, although I can do the high impact workouts, sometimes I want to save my knees, and I wish there were more workouts like Low Max. I love Low Max, and I wish Cathe would make a Low Max 2.

I think it would be nice to have options for each workout, like showing low-impact options even in the higher impact workouts (IMAX1, for example, built up to several of the full-on high impact moves in the blasts by showing different levels of impact and modifications).

I agree. I would like to see low impact options built into the step workouts, perhaps showing moves that are low impact first, then adding power to them for those that want impact. It would be nice to have low impact options shown right in the workout, because some high impact moves are hard to modify. Also, it's much easier to follow a workout if you don't have to try to make up your own modifications.

Karen

Hi Cathe!
I would also like to request more low impact workouts or workouts that show low impact options. I am 40 years old and have been working out consistantly for over 20 years. My knees can no longer take the high impact. I enjoy your high intensity low impact workouts. Please, Please make more of those workouts!
Thank You,
Jen

I totally agree with what everyone said here. Also, maybe it would be nice if one or two of the other people in the workout videos do low impact or modified moves throughout the whole video. Sometimes I just can't think of anything to do that would lower the impact for certain moves and it would be nice to have someone to watch. Just my opinion.

I am a 34-year old advanced exerciser and I LOVE Cathe's videos. But as I get older, I definitely feel the high impact more and more. I think Low Max is great, because I get a great workout, my muscles are sore, but my knees don't hurt. I can't wait for the low-impact circuit workout that's coming and I would definitely buy any more Advanced Low Impact Workouts right away--especially those with a big cardio component.

I agree on this one! I'm currently nursing a heel spur w/associated plantar faciitis, and unfortunately, high impact is not on the menu! I've been struggling to find advanced, high intensity, challenging, fun, low impact workouts with interesting choreography! I really enjoy "Low Max" and "Low Impact Step," and would love more fun stuff from Cathe - step and floor aerobics!! Also, I've read that a lot of high impact over time is not good for anyone, so we could all benefit from lower impact, high intensity stuff. High impact stuff is great, fun and all of that, but for those of us who have to limit it, other options would be much appreciated! Pretty please???

More low impact workouts would be awesome! I wear knee supports when I exercise - but even then, high impact still leaves my knees aching for weeks. Just showing low impact versions in the background would be good as long as the camera got them in the shots often enough to see what they were doing and with close enough shots that these aging eyes could actually see them, lol ;) .

Yes, I agree!!! More Low Max type w/os. It is also a great lower body sculptor.
I definitely feel more strain on my knees working out in my 30's compared to in my 20's where I felt nothing even doing so much high impact workouts.

I agree, Low Impact workouts! I love, love, love, Low Max, and would definitely buy a Low Max 2 workout.

Stephanie

My KNEES would LOVE more low impact workouts from you!! CAthe, your are simply the best!! I still do your high impact, but I can only do 1 a week if I am lucky. So Low impact would be great!
Thank you!
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.