Low Impact, High Intensity!!!

fit@home1

Cathlete
My poor feet and knees are killing me!! My lungs say YES, YES!!, but my knees and feet say NO, NO!! Waaaaaa!!!!! :-(

I'd just love a really intense, but low impact, workout from you, Cathe!! And I really don't care what form it takes -- it can be a combo: floor aerobics & kickbox?? I don't know. All I DO know is that YOU are the QUEEN of tough workouts!! :D

Hollie

I agree, we need a low-impact cardio choice. I have enough high-impact in my collection and I need to round it out with some low-impact....
Don't go easy on us though, just easy on the feet...

Carole
:)

Love this idea too!!!!! We all have days when we need low impact but still want the cardio challenge.

imani

Low impact would be great to alternate your workouts with. Power strike has some pretty good low impact kickboxing that really hits the obliques. It can be done!

Anything with Kickbox in it, I vote for that. I know it's not your specialty but your Kickbox is my favorite (and I do have others), I think because of the intensity. I really like the fact that you mix in enough low impact and movement across the floor to keep the heartrate up. Maybe it bothers the boxing purists, but not those that above all want an intense cardio workout. You're the best.
Meredith

I second this. My knee's can't take the high impact either. I can only do your kickboxing & strength. Possibly with more low impact but high intensity you'll get a whole new fellowship. My 40ish age group love your strength but not the cardio. Needless to say they don't buy the cardio.

Thanks Cathe!:D

I totally agree with Maverick. As a 40-somethinger I just don't do high impact anything ever. And yes, it is possible to get your heart rate way up there without impact! I would buy more Cathe videos if they were low impact.

I totally agree with these posts too, we do need high intensity workouts that make us sweat without the impact. I have little cartilage left and creaking joints. These problems are why I don't think I could do pilates, all that flexing of the knees is uncomfortable, as I feel the joint movement. I also what to be able to develop my leg muscles but without doing the low end movements or having to resort to only floor exercises, which I'm not particularly fond of. x(

YES! Please more low impact. I find the high impact very difficult at my age and with my bad knees and have to try and modify. Not easy!

Tracey

I am of the opinion that you can't really have them both at the same time. There is one part of KP&C that is pretty low impact and intense (the hammer punch), but I doubt that Cathe (or any instructor for that matter) could do a 40 min. workout of low impact/high intensity moves. If Cathe makes the workouts high impact all the time, some people hesitate to buy them, however, if she release lower intensity workouts (like C&W or SJ&P for example) some of her fans feel slighted because they look to her for TOUGH workouts. I think she's done a pretty good job so far of trying to cater to everyone. I don't know how she does it!

>I am of the opinion that you can't really have them both at
>the same time. There is one part of KP&C that is pretty low
>impact and intense (the hammer punch), but I doubt that Cathe
>(or any instructor for that matter) could do a 40 min. workout
>of low impact/high intensity moves.

I think that, while it is possible to do high intensity with lower impact, it's not really Cathe's forte, at least if the "low impact" section of "Step, Jump and Pump" is any indication. The low impact moves it does contain are low intensity (though I see how they could be modified with more ROM to make for higher intensity), and there are higher iintensity moves, but they are not low impact.

I would like to see a "variable intensity" style of workout (like Gin Miller's "Intense Moves," which offers 3-4 different impact and intensity levels for each move) with no torquing moves (which would require more straight-forward moves and/or a slower paced music).

>I think that, while it is possible to do high intensity with
>lower impact, it's not really Cathe's forte, at least if the
>"low impact" section of "Step, Jump and Pump" is any
>indication. The low impact moves it does contain are low
>intensity (though I see how they could be modified with more
>ROM to make for higher intensity), and there are higher
>iintensity moves, but they are not low impact.
>
>I would like to see a "variable intensity" style of workout
>(like Gin Miller's "Intense Moves," which offers 3-4 different
>impact and intensity levels for each move) with no torquing
>moves (which would require more straight-forward moves and/or
>a slower paced music).

This must be my agree with Kathryn day or something
:D

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.