Low Energy Spells

thundercat

Has anyone ever gone through weeks at a time where you feel almost like you're fighting a bug? It's been very difficult for me to do my workouts and I'm usually very diligent about them. Can someone please tell me this will pass soon? It's getting depressing. :-(

Oh so familiar

I just sought support for my recent downer from everyone here and maybe am not one to talk, but I totally relate. Just about anything can be the culprit...the obvious one being maybe you are fighting cooties. There are alot of bugs going around.
Maybe you just have been pushing extra hard and your bod is forcing you to slow down. Too many carbs? Depressed about anything? Like everything else, this WILL pass. Just believe it will, and it does. The important thing is you ARE getting through your workouts, even if less energetic or less often.
DON'T let it get you down, cuz that only makes you more :-sleepy. I hope you feel better soon! :)

P.S. If this has never happened to you before, and it goes on for longer that a month, better go to the Doc just to be sure.... :)

Lots of times! I've been working out for 20 years now, and have gone through lots of highs and lows.

It could be any number of things....sometimes before my period, I seem to get real lazy and lethargic. That always lasts like a week, until I finally get the darn thing and feel back to normal.

On the other hand, it's definitely "bug" season where you could be fighting off a flu/illness and it's making your body work "overtime" just to keep it at bay.

On ANOTHER hand, you could be possibly overtraining...and it's your body screaming at you to slow down and rest.

I definitely agree with Kristina that if it lasts more than a month that you should see a doctor just to rule out stuff like anemia, chronic fatigue, anything like that.

As Cathe would say..."Just an opinion, take it or leave it!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.