Low Carbers & Friends - February 2012

Melinda - I've worn glasses for 47 years (bad eyes along with astigmatism) and while that used to be the way (stumbling around dizzy for weeks :rolleyes: ) times have changed and they should be able to do much better than that :).

Rhea - Oh my - I definitely think the shorter yoga sounds good :D! But then, yoga is not (nor will it ever be) a fave of mine ;).

I am having my eyes rechecked tomorrow, I really hope he tweaks this. I think he's got the astigmatism part off a bit. Otherwise, these new frames are nice and fit really well and they have the bifocal part place perfectly.

Rhea, my friend is doing P90X and made a comment to me about the yoga part on there being too long as well. I don't really understand why he made it 90 min. She said it had a big dread factor because of the amount of time. I told her to just not do all of it, but she says she is compulsive and feels that she has to. The bad part is that she then will not do it at all if she doesn't want to do 90 min. I like the idea of subbing in Cathe's yoga.

Lita, I never had a problem with my eyes and new glasses until maybe 10 years ago. Then every time I get a new pair, I have problems getting it just right.

Melinda - I can't tell you how many times I fell, tripped or ran into things after getting new glasses :rolleyes:. My eyes were bad enough I needed them every 6 months - not an experience I ever looked forward to :p!

Hi babes! Yes, I did have President's day off, and was surprised when my sister told me she has always worked on that day! I thought most office workers got the day off. I'm sorry ladies! :(

I have to be careful with 3D, not that it can give me a headache, but that it can give me motion sickness. :rolleyes: I know it sounds silly!

Good for you to bound out of bed Rhea! I only do that when I've overslept and am late for work! :p

We're on week 3 of P90X I think (we have a calendar at work to go by) and we've skipped Kenpo and yoga at least once. 6 workouts a week isn't happening with my work group! We also do only a half hour of each workout since that is all the time I have. (Saving a half hour a day in a 9 hour workday makes a difference!) So this week, I decided to add additional exercises for the upper body from Cathe's GS series at home. Hoo Wee! Feels just like a good Cathe butt kicking now! :D I won't be doing that on a regular basis--too sore! I'll add from other Cathe workouts though.

Thanks for the info about the yoga Rhea--we heard it was hard and we shouldn't skip it so we'll be doing it next week.

I got a good laugh today--I worked out early because I had to leave for a meeting but the other 2 ladies were going to workout later. I then caught them leaving to go shopping at the mall instead! Busted! Me thinks I'm a little more motivated then they are because I've never blown off a workout to go to the mall! :p

I'm sorry your friend is too compulsive to do just part of a workout Melinda! I used to be a bit like that but I feel much better just getting workouts in when I can, however I can.

I hope your eye Rx works for you soon too!

Lita, the Robbins are back but that isn't an indication of Spring here. They come in Feb. every year. Regardless of the time of year, BB wants to chase them!

TGIF fit babes!

Tracy - Your robins sound like our geese. They're too silly to fly south in the winter. That or they're too confused since they spend the cold months trying to figure out how to fly in formation :p!

Well, I did actually do the yoga today. Tracy - it is tough. I made it through 40 minutes and then had to stop just cause. My arms were rubber. Lots of chatarangas. (however you spell that) But I do have to admit that right now, I feel pretty good. Still will take something for the shoulder (totally has tighten up with all these workouts, just need to work at the muscles every hour or so and it will be better)

Well, better get to work. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi babes!

Lita, I don't understand the Robins either. We don't see them until February! And it was 26 degrees this a.m. Go figure! As for your geese, that is very puzzling! We see them fly south from here and I know it's colder where you are!

Thanks for the info about P90X yoga Rhea--we were supposed to do it today but I had no workout partners. So I did a different workout on my own. Hopfully, everyone will be game tomorrow. I find that P90X in general has a lot of shoulder work.

Took BB out for a walk/run at the lake yesterday morning. Beautiful, sunny and about 40 degrees. After that, we got hail, rain and alotta big fluffy snowflakes. Weird weather!

Talk to you fit babes soon!

Oh my, did we get the snow last night! Almost didn't make it out of our subdivision since they had not plowed yet this morning. But made it to the highway where there were nice plowed roads, darn it. Still supposed to snow until tomorrow. I guess nature is making up for the last two months in the next two days.

Still doing the P90X rotation and actually am sticking to it very well. (really didn't want to do plyometrics this morning, would have rather sat, watched fire, watched snow...etc) Yeah for me. Plus I got such a good review on my blood work, can't help but keep working out. Choles was a total of 145! (65 and 72) awesome numbers. I guess all the hard work over the last few years does really pay off!

Wow, Rhea, congratulations on those cholesterol numbers :cool: :D!!! AND on doing those workouts, too ;)! Sorry about all the snow - but then, you like skiing so maybe it's a plus :p!

Yea, true I like skiing, but we haven't been able to go for the past few years. Probably won't go again this year. Darn it.

Hi babes! For some reason, I had to log in to post here. Hmmm!

Rhea, congratulations on your blood work numbers! What is your secret? I just had to increase my cholesterol med! :eek::(

I have Plyometrics tomorrow Rhea so I feel your pain! We had hail today, but no snow since last week. And it didn't stick so no driving issues. Hope that's all you get for the rest of the season!

Today P90X called for Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and lucky for me, I did the Pure Strength version since I had the day off.

What workouts are you doing Lita?

Hi Melinda! Hope all is well with you!

Tracy - I've been alternating PS with the Pyramids. I also throw in the LI CSS with the PS series (I do both uppers the same day).

Melinda was a sweetie and started the March thread :). It is here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.