Love Handles....

jistbrenda

Cathlete
Ok, I recently upped my cardio, I have been watching what I eat and doing my workout Cathe gave me, But I still haven't lost any wt. and only a few inches. So now I am doing 60 min of cardio on most days. which I hate cardio, but I realize that is probably mt downfall. But! I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to get a good jump start on losing those Stubburn love handles?!!! Anyone??? :0)
Thanks so much Brenda

I have seen a reduction in my love handles when I do workouts like Kick Boxing or Ab and lower back routines on the ball.

thanks

Ok, I can try this. I just upped my cardio because i wasn't getting enough. I had started to do the walk run cathe has in my rotation but, I find my knees hurting alot. so I backed it down to speed walking. I have also been looking in all these rotations fro one that will give me more cardio but at least 3 days of total body weight training. It's hard to find one that has me doing at least 60 min of cardio and total body wts on same day.

If you just recently increased your cardio, then perhaps you need to give that more time. :)

In addition, do you count calories? If not, you might want to consider trying that as well. Figure out roughtly how much you're eating a day, and then once you have a good average, cut that number of calories by 100 or 200.

I know this doesn't work well for some ~ it might seem a tad compulsive :eek: ~ but it might work for you.

Here are a few suggestions on what works for me. When I do all of these regularly, my core area really tightens up... and this includes any love handles.

Cathe's Bootcamp
Cathe's Butts & Gutts
Jillian's BFBM
Jillian's NMTZ
Jillian's 30 Day Shred
Firm Volumes One, Two and Three

JeanneMarie, I know you don't follow rotations, but how do you usually rotate the classic Firms, Jillian Michael's and Cathe's? Since they all have some weights in them, do you do just cardio workouts in between? Just curious because you look in great shape.

JeanneMarie, I know you don't follow rotations, but how do you usually rotate the classic Firms, Jillian Michael's and Cathe's? Since they all have some weights in them, do you do just cardio workouts in between? Just curious because you look in great shape.

Thanks, nightowl! Honestly, I choose my workout day by day. I always make sure I'm alternating day by day so that I don't work the same body part back to back, like heavy weights, or two days upper body, or lower body.

An example of a typical progression for me is:

Day 1: Jillian's BFBM, run 3 miles
Day 2: Jillian's 30 Day Shred (levels two and three), run 3 miles
Day 3: Cathe's Butts & Gutts
Day 4: Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Back & Shoulders, run 3 miles
Day 5: Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Bis, Tris and Chest, run 3 miles
Day 6: Jillian's NMTZ, run 3 miles
Day 7: Dove #2, run 3 miles
Day 8: Step workout like Kathy Smith's GB&T, run 3 miles
Day 9: Firm Volume One (or Two or Three), run 3 miles
Day 10: Jillian's 30 Day Shred, etc....

And so on....

I also use a good bit... Cathe's Slow & Heavy, GymStyles, PUB, and Bootcamp, substituting these in for some of the above.

I hope this helps! I certainly don't consider myself an authority on any of it. I just do what feels right and keep on doing it consistantly!

If you just recently increased your cardio, then perhaps you need to give that more time. :)

In addition, do you count calories? If not, you might want to consider trying that as well. Figure out roughtly how much you're eating a day, and then once you have a good average, cut that number of calories by 100 or 200.

I know this doesn't work well for some ~ it might seem a tad compulsive :eek: ~ but it might work for you.

Hi Lori, Thanks, but what do u mean give the cardio more time? do more cardio than the wts? I was doing the flat belly diet, but that was really hard for me because i couldn't commit to eating 400 cal. 4 times a day. I have a crazy schedule. I work from 230 am to 11 am.so that diet wasn't for me. but, my friend has been sending me all her wt. watchers stuff. I have been giving that a try. I do notice that all this diet stuff has made me more aware of what i am eating. :0)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.