Lourdy:RE your Nutritionist? post

BLF

Do be careful on a low carb diet!!!!! Carbohydrates do many things for our bodies including delivering key nutrients. Twenty to thirty grams of carbohydrate is, in my opinion, way too low. I thought RBurke was in trouble when her nutritionist recommended 90 grams! How many calories are you taking in? Although your weight drops quickly at first on a low carb diet, only about 1/4 is fat. Almost 3/4 is water and the rest is protein. If your breath is a problem your body isn't metabolising fat and your kidneys may be compromised is you don't drink large amounts of water to eliminate the ketoacids produced and you may be in danger of an electrolyte imbalance. Don't be afraid of carbs. When you work out vigorously, you've just gotta fuel up those muscles. I hope you don't think I am an interfering busy body. Make sure you are taking in enough calories. One of the reasons Atkin's diet is so sucessful is it's very low cal. That can be hard to stidk with for the long term. And it could cause your body to break itself down and ultimately compromise your health!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.