Lost my job :( b

robyn6002

Cathlete
Bummer, I lost my job yesterday. We had 15-20% layoffs and I was one of them. On the positive - I get some severence, I can collect unemployment and my resume will say 2001-2003 for that 1 day!

I work in software - so this is kind of the way things go - anyhow it makes me realize - the really important things are having my health - a GOOD very close knit family - lots of interests outside of work - very good friends - and the traits that are important - tenacity, positive attitude. Sure it would be nice to have a paycheck but I gotta believe I'll get something that will work out. Amazing how supportive everyone has been.

And I'm totally gonna get through this with help from cathe. Figured I'll do 2 workouts a day. Hey it gives me a goal and something to be proud of - and that will be 2 hours a day I cant be worrying about finding a job!

I've started my strategy - updating resume - networking etc

I'm so happy I have the cathe tapes to look forward to! I did S&H legs and shoulders today.. hmm what will i do this afternoon? Maybe some ctx! No money for the new tapes now!

Robyn! That seriously bites the big one, but I applaud you for your attitude!

Please keep us posted on your progress in searching for your new job, and please know we're all thinking of you!

Annette

Robyn - this is a huge bummer, I'm sorry to hear you lost your job!

It IS a great opportunity to get some things in your schedule that you haven't had time for, like extra workouts, though. I was unemployed for about 4 months in 2002 for the first time I can ever remember - I had so much fun!!

I administer an ECommerce server and things are pretty tight in our industry. But so many people have said that when they got laid off, it seemed horribly depressing at the time but it turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to them. Either they ended up with a much better job, or used the time to get more schooling, or something like that. So try to see it as an opportunity - a lot of doors just opened for you!

Of course we are here if you ever need moral support. Good luck with everything and let us know how it's going. You don't have any excuses for not trying Donna's kamikaze rotation, ha!

Robyn, Sorry to hear your news... you too Deborah!

I hoping 2003 will be a better year for all of us. The economy has to turn around soon!

~~ Sharon ~~

You are awesome. So positive. You are like a cat, going to land on your feet. It does suck that the reality of the situation is that nothing is permanent. I am thankful for my job every day. I know in my business, things are never 'solid' so it is always in the back of my mind. (Going off to knock on some wood now). Keep positive. sounds like you need no encouragement from me, though!
Kathy

Robyn,
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job. And what a time of the year to have it happen (though I suppose any time of the year is bad.) Sounds like you have a good plan for looking for a new position.

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it!

I'll reread these comments again and again!

and I did S&H leg and shoulder and kickbox (not the biceps though)

Thx

Robyn...that really is a bummer! But, I sure admire your positive attitude, and I'm sure you'll have something else soon! :)

Hollie

Your post is a good reminder to me, and to others I'm sure, to be thankful for having a job, even one we don't particularly like. I've been griping about mine a lot lately, and reading stories like yours reminds me to shut up and be glad I have a paycheck and benes on a regular basis. Good luck to you in your job search. It may lead to some wonderful, new opportunity for you.

I have a different attitude than the other posters: I'm jealous! All that time to workout! Enjoy the time while you have it. You'll be back to work soon enough. The three months I had off between jobs one year was the best time of my life in retrospect. Severance and unemployment kept me going while I cooked and read books and worked out like crazy. I'm sure you've got enough Cathe tapes to keep you busy until you're back to work and can afford to buy the intensity series.

Best wishes!

-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.