Lost all my healthy mojo

rhbrand

Cathlete
I don't know what happened. I came back from being sick/having food poisoning earlier in the month, and I just can't get back on the healthy wagon.

I've not worked out in 2 weeks, my eating has dissolved into just crap.

I need someone to come to my house, and basically help me get restarted again. Hubby is useless in that aspect. He's perfect otherwise, but he just doesn't care about eating healthy or working out, and he's thinks I'm beautiful just how I am.

Maybe I need a good checkin. I've tried one or two on VF, but either they die off, or they have been together for so long I get lost in the postings.

Anyone want to check in with me here while I try to get myself together and get back to getting healthy?

Hi Rhonda! Your story resonated with me. Since about mid January, I’ve been working out but not at the level that I had been. And my eating… Well that’s been really bad. I’d love to check in with you here, because I need somebody to be accountable to as well.

I think the saying is that is takes 3 weeks to form a habit (good or bad). I find that sometimes an illness knocks me back because it seems to be so easy to lose those healthy habits (much harder than to form those habits). You quickly get used to the routine of not working out. Other times it gives me a good reminder of how much I miss it if I don't workout. Sounds like you are in the first scenario right now. Just remember you only have one life and one body to live it in. That body is damn important so you want to take care of it. Anyway being healthy and fit just feels better anyway. (Side note, food poisoning: been there done that! You want to get a healthy gut back so good foods will help!)

I will be checking out a couple check ins over the weekend.

Gonna start a lifting program on my own for a while. I think doing my things with my music on my terms will help me get back into the groove.

I'd like to do STS this year, but I think the fall would be a good time. So I'm gonna lift on my own, get my strength back, then maybe when I cut down to part-time in Aug, I'll start the program.

I also think my perimenopause is getting worse, so I'm going to the doctor next week and we're gonna have a long talk about what I can do/take to help out.

I am also trying to get back into it. I lost my husband 4 years ago and never fully got back. I used to do Cathe 5-6 times a week, and then went to 2 times a month. 3 months ago I got a pinched nerve in my neck, and it sent pain down into my elbow and hand. 3 fingers are slightly numb. I am slowly getting better, and was told to resume regular activity. There is now way I can do any type of jumping. I am gonna start doing weights and cardio with no impact. I couldn't even do ten reps of flys with 5 lbs. I was doing 16 reps with 20! I am going to try to tell and remind myself how good I felt when I exercised regularly and finished STS.
I recommend the same to you! Remember how good it was! Good Luck! Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.