Losing baby belly

dawn2dawn

Hi everyone! I'm new to Cathe's forum but not new to her workouts!!! I discovered her on Fittv and have been addicted to her since. I've tried other workouts and they can't compare (unless ya'll know something I don't). Anyway, after my second baby I started training with Cathe and she got me into the best shape of my life! However, I just had my third baby in Feb. and I'm having trouble losing my baby belly. I understand that it will take time for my body to regain it's shape but for some reason I can't seem to even lose an inch off my waistline. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to do at least an hour of cardio with one of Cathe's weight training workouts followed by a Core Max. I'm limited to doing only Cathe's cardio workouts because I stay at home with my kids and I have no access to treadmills of anything like that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Plus, my 10th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks......help!
Dawn2Dawn

Welcome Dawn, happy to meet you.:)

If you'd post which Cathe workouts you have, I'm sure the knowledgeable people here would be glad to offer suggestions for possible use/rotation and/or the best DVDs to add next to your collection.

Your pics are beautiful! I'm a fellow southerner also (outside of Houston, TX). Thanks to Tivo I have all of her older workouts recorded off of Fittv. So I have a good collection, but as for her new releases...I have Muscle Max, Gym style legs, Gym style upper. I'm waiting on two of her non released dvds.

Workouts I have off of Fittv:
Step, Jump, and Pump
Cardio and Weights
Legs and Shoulders
Supersets
Imax 2
Legs and Glutes
Kick, Punch and Crunch
PUB
PLB
Muscle Endurance
Power Hour
Boot Camp
Core Max 1, 2, & 3

DVDs I have:
Gym Style Legs
Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps
Muscle Max

I would love any help with rotations!

Thanks again to everyone,
dawn2dawn

Hi Dawn - and welcome. I'm on my way out the door, but wanted to post a quick post to you. I had always heard the rule of thumb for baby bellies was to give yourself a year following a vaginal delivery and 2 years following C-sections for re-gaining complete shape. Remember those hormones are in your body for a long time!

Lorrie

Hi Dawn,

Nice to have you hear. I've never had a child, so I can't give you the most accurate advice. However, in general, losing belly fat is often a matter of clean eating.

Have you checked out the fit moms forum? There are some awesome people over there.

Yeah but this doesn't really apply to a postpartum body. You can eat clean till your blue in the face but your fascia has to firm up over time. Your body is TOTALLY differant after you have had a baby. I'm 2 lbs under prepregnancy weight, and still have an inch to loose in upper and lower abdominals to get where I was prepregnancy.

If you are breastfeeding it will take longer, because your hormone levels are off and your body will keep that fat for milk production. Even not bfing your body takes longer to lose fat and like I said for the fascia to firm up.

Cardio, ab work (plank especially) and time will kill your baby fat, but give yourself lots of time. I know not what we all want to hear. I figure it's summer 2007 that I'll hopefully have my waistline back to where it was before my daugter.

Good Luck!

Hi Dawn, I just wanted to say hang in there and keep doing what you are doing

I totally agree with JulieL. You just have to give it time.

I used to get so frustrated because I felt like I was doing everything right as far as eating and exercising and I even got back to my old weight and still none of my prepregnancy pants fit me. Finally at a year postpartum I gave up and donated all my prepregnancy pants to chartity. Then, somehow over the next six months my waist shrunk and I am back to where I was. I know it is tough to be patient, but keep at it and you will get there.

Just wanted to add that the rotation I got the best results from postpartum was an intensity series rotation that Cathe posted awhile back. It was

M Muscle Endurance
T Imax 2
W Cardio & Weights
R PLB and the first half of Imax 2
F PUB
S off
S Bootcamp

Hi Dawn.

I instituted the help of a forum member when I was having a hard time losing baby weight. I got some great advice about eating (calorie staggering and watching f/c/p ratios) and was set up with a rotation (2 f/b weight w/o's, 2 circuits and TONS of straight cardio every week!) that helped me kick up my metabolism and melt the pounds away. I lost about 18 pounds and got down to my pre-pregnancy weight with no trouble once I began doing this!

My baby is now one year old and my stomach is flatter and more toned that it EVER was before! :7

Thank you so much for the rotation advice. I will definately try it out. I have been looking for help when it comes to rotating my workouts. Thank you for the inspiration...it's hard to keep going (especially when the little one has a bad night) and when no one is there to push you. "Just keep going" is what I tell myself!
Thanks again for the advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.