Looking for the best shoes

jennifercareer

Ok. You're not going to believe this but I've been wearing the same workout sneakers for 4 years now. They are totally broken down and my feet hurt so bad when I do my cardio workouts (not enough support, I suspect). Since I do a lot of Cathe's step workouts, I originally invested in cross training sneakers to support my side to side movements. Well, it's time for new shoes. I just have to. But I don't want to spend a forturne (my last ones were $110). I've got a new baby that seems to be costing me a fortune in formula so I really don't want to spend a lot if I don't have to.

I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions on some sneakers that seem to work good for them. I'm looking for good support and comfort.

I'm in dire need of new aerobic shoes myself. Been trying to read up on reviews. Read one review for Asics Kushon Trainers that specifically mentioned them being ideal for step aerobics. I have not tried them on yet.

Has anyone tried the Nike Musique? I know they say dance - so I wasn't sure how supportive they'd be for aerobics.

Heather

About one month ago I bought saucony midi online on sale. Very good support, but not enough cushioning. I just spent another $24.99 on a great athletic gel support insole designed for high impact activities. So far they feel great. Whatever you buy, you make have to make the extra investment in a good gel insert. Makes all the difference in the world.

Carmen.

I am in the same situation. My shoes are about a year old. My DH keeps asking me if I got new shoes yet and calling me cheap because I haven't! I usually wear New Balance crosstrainers. Nikes don't fit me very well and I recently tried on some Rykas and didn't like the way they felt at all--too stiff/rigid. I guess it is back to NB tho I had wanted to try something new.

I just got these, and they are awesome. Nike used to be too narrow, but these seem to be wide in the toes and more narrow in the heel, which is perfect for me. Nike Reax CR

FF_IA65854.JPG

About one month ago I bought saucony midi online on sale. Very good support, but not enough cushioning. I just spent another $24.99 on a great athletic gel support insole designed for high impact activities. So far they feel great. Whatever you buy, you make have to make the extra investment in a good gel insert. Makes all the difference in the world.

Carmen.

Carmen, what brand of athletic gel support insoles did you get, and where did you get them? I'm gutting my way through a couple pair of New Balances this summer (do not care for them but want to get as much use as I can out of them before I replace them, having become disenchanted with Rykas), and I'd like to get some better insoles for the NBs. Any suggestions?

TIA!

A-Jock

Carmen, what brand of athletic gel support insoles did you get, and where did you get them? I'm gutting my way through a couple pair of New Balances this summer (do not care for them but want to get as much use as I can out of them before I replace them, having become disenchanted with Rykas), and I'd like to get some better insoles for the NBs. Any suggestions?

TIA!

A-Jock

The ones I got are called Airr performance insoles by SOFSOLE. I bought them at the Sports Authority for 24.99. I got the ones for High Impact activity. Good luck.

Carmen.

jennifer, you're gonna cripple yourself using the same shoes fro 4 yrs. i am old and have been working out for 20yrs. i used cheap shoes at first, cuz i didn't want to spend the money. well, i think i'm paying for it now. my feet hurt all the time no matter what shoes i wear. i have tendonitis in both heels, i may have to try these insoles,carmen.

gmonkey, i never wore nike's either cuz they were too narrow, may have to give them another try. although, i am pretty happy w/the ryka's i'm using right now.
cathy

I just ordered the Ryka Studio Flex Low from zappos. Price wasn't too bad. I should have them by the end of the week and using them next week. I'll let everyone know what I think about them. I too, have a wide foot and narrow heel. If I find a pair of shoes that actually fit me good, I would invest in 2 pairs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.