Looking for Diet & Nutrition Resources!

CassBHealy

Cathlete
Hi all! I was wondering if you could recommend any good resources (books, websites, etc) for nutrition and, more specificially, eating for fitness/fat loss? I would love to even see a sample menu of a week's worth of eating, as the more things are laid out for me, the more successful I know I will be. And there is a big plus if the prep work is minimal, as I am a mom to 11 month old twins and time is at a premium!

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Cass

www.burnthefatfeedthemuscle.com

I love this book! I think it is $40, it was. It is an e-book, so you pay and they send it internally. You can read it off the computer or print it out but it is almost 400 pages.

About the contents, I love this eating plan! It's all about whole foods, treats in moderation to suit your goals. Oh, and GOALS!! Tom Venuto is so motivating! He encourages goal setting and positive affirmations. Sounds hokey but I am a true believer!

He also teaches you how to figure out your daily calorie needs and how to put a menu together. He also teaches you how to make changes if you do not see wekly results.

I just the how healthy it is. It doesn't rule out any foods. I just think it is a fantastic plan, all around! He even touches on workouts a bit, hydration, I think it covers a good part of the bases!

I've been hearing good stuff about Dr. John Beradi http://www.johnberardi.com/index.htm and his new Precision Nutrition plan http://www.precisionnutrition.com/system.html It's pricey, but maybe worth it. It's also on sale until July 31. I've been tempted, but don't know if I could part with the money, but then again, it's also on sale.}(

A couple of other good sites are Dr. Joel Fuhrman's http://drfuhrman.com/ and here is his blog. http://www.diseaseproof.com/

Totally different approches but, it'll give you a start.

>www.burnthefatfeedthemuscle.com
>
>I love this book! I think it is $40, it was. It is an
>e-book, so you pay and they send it internally. You can read
>it off the computer or print it out but it is almost 400
>pages.
>
>About the contents, I love this eating plan! It's all about
>whole foods, treats in moderation to suit your goals. Oh, and
>GOALS!! Tom Venuto is so motivating! He encourages goal
>setting and positive affirmations. Sounds hokey but I am a
>true believer!
>
>He also teaches you how to figure out your daily calorie needs
>and how to put a menu together. He also teaches you how to
>make changes if you do not see wekly results.
>
>I just the how healthy it is. It doesn't rule out any foods.
>I just think it is a fantastic plan, all around! He even
>touches on workouts a bit, hydration, I think it covers a good
>part of the bases!

Thank you so much for suggesting this e-book. Your comments got me to check out the website and I liked what I saw so I bought the book and I have been reading (and setting my goals :) ) for the last three hours.

DeeDee

I don;t know...I checked out Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle website and also checked out some reviews online and it seems a bit hard-core to me. Has anyone else gotten this feeling? I would love to hear anyone's feedback.

Also, I did just buy yesterday the book that someone else recommended, and it seems to be popular, as I snagged the last one at Borders Boookstore. It's called "Eat to Live". Is anyone familiar with it?

Cass

>I don;t know...I checked out Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle
>website and also checked out some reviews online and it seems
>a bit hard-core to me. Has anyone else gotten this feeling? I
>would love to hear anyone's feedback.
>
>Also, I did just buy yesterday the book that someone else
>recommended, and it seems to be popular, as I snagged the last
>one at Borders Boookstore. It's called "Eat to Live". Is
>anyone familiar with it?
>
>Cass

The Dr. Joel Fuhrman sites I gave you in my above post are the Author of "Eat to Live" sites.:) It's a great book! It is geared toward vegetarianism, but he does have non-vegetarian options.

edited to add: I didn't find the book geared toward fitness, but more for optimal health.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.