Loestrin 24 FE experiences?

seeking_guns

Cathlete
I'm about to start Loestrin (BC) and was just wondering what others who are on it (or *were* on it) think of it. A friend who goes to the same gyn as me was on it recently and she had an absolutely *horrible* time of it until she switched to Yaz. I know everyone's body reacts differently, but I'd like to hear others' experiences, particularly about the side effects. I'm most concerned about gaining any weight on it because I am working to lose 20 lbs. and I don't want any setbacks! TIA for any responses.

Cathy :)

I didn't have any problems when I was on it. However, when I took Yaz, I had chest pains. I think you are right and everyone is different. Melissa

I am taking it now and am happy with it. I have had no side effects at all.

The reason I started taking it was b/c of horrible hormonal migraines. It has all but eliminated them. I am on my 4th month of taking it now.

I've been on it for about 5 months. Started it because my periods were unbearable at times (I had a tubal so don't need the BC aspect).

I have not experienced any weight gain, fortunately. I've still had some terrible periods, but my doc wants me to give it a few more months before trying something else.

You might want to check your copayment too, I know this is one of the more expensive BC pills, and my copay is higher for this ($35 vs $20 -- not a huge difference for me if it works well, but if I can't get Aunt Flo to behave I can't see paying the extra money for it either).

Patricia

Thanks, ladies, for the feedback.

Patricia, I haven't had to fill a scrip yet b/c my doc gave me 3 mos. worth. But I agree, if it's not helping you, then why pay the extra?

I've been using it for 14+ years. I don't have any problems with it. And while I would like to blame my extra weight on the pill, I know it's really my sweet tooth to blame. :9

I really liked this pill (if you can "like" a bc pill!?) I was on it before I got pregnant and am going to get back on it this month. My periods were so short, if at all, and I had no weight gain. I didn't go crazy (at least I didn't think so!!??) It is a good one and gives you extra iron, which is great.

I have been on this BC for 6 years and never experienced any problems - no weight gain, etc. For the past few years I've been skipping the placebos and therefore, not having periods. no problems with that either.

Jessica

Thanks for all the feedback - it's great to hear so many positives! I'm a lot less anxious about it now.

Much appreciated!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.