Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Was today's workout from the same set that you have been doing?
It is a Peak 10 workout by Michelle that was one of the Peak 10 library I got with the purchase of Fit Body Challenge. So its not actually part of the rotation but I am using all of the Peak 10 workouts in this rotation instead of just the Fit Body Challenge workouts.

Good morning,

W5 Chest & Tricpes:

3 sets/10 reps
SS#1
Chest Fly 15#
Tricep Press 12#

SS#2
Rotating Chest Press 15#
Skull Crusher 12#

SS#3
Chest Press 20#
Tricep Kickbacks 12#

HiiT: 3 sets/60,45, 30 seconds each exercise
Single Leg Squat Jumps
2x2 Mountain Climbers
High Knee Run

Abs – 30 seconds each:
DD Toe touches 10#
Windshield wipers

Time: 38 min. I need to up my weight next time.

Thanks Doreen and Diane Sue - you both rocking your workouts.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
My daughter came over and took me to lunch. I did Body Step 110 classic from Les Mills on Demand, 57 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 170, 4,313 steps, met 5.9 371 calories. I think I slept wrong or something because I woke up this morning feeling like I pulled something from somewhere in my chest around to my back on the right side. I did not do the push ups in this workout, I just kept moving through the step moves and did not do all of the overhead stuff with the light weight plate. It feels better now, but I still am having a hard time reaching overhead with the right arm. I hope it lets up. I am going to my grandson's Christmas program at 8 in the morning so this may alter my workout tomorrow. Hoping to come back and do some strength work. It may have to be lower body only.

Belinda, nice job on the workout :)

Diane Sue - I hope your chest feels better this morning! I used to hate the Christmas programs when my kids were little but now I kinda miss them! Enjoy your grandson's!

So last night I did Peak 10 Pure Strength 2 and this morning I did Cardio Interval Burn Remix. I hate doing workout back to back like that but I'd rather get back into a morning routine when I get off. I just didn't sleep well Sunday night and shut my alarm off at 4am thinking I wouldn't be able to get up a 5:30 if I did fall asleep and I would workout after work. I did like Cardio Interval Burn Remix - it was the first time I have done it. Lots of hi/lo with some kickbox stuff thrown in. The peaks weren't too bad and I only modified one of them to take out the jumping.

Today I did L4 W5 Biceps/Back and LM Combat #73.

Good job, everyone. I been working all day long, except when I did my workouts. I am beat today.

Good night, everyone.

I just got my workout in this afternoon. I went to my grandson's Christmas program and then ran to a couple of stores. I am tired now. I got up extra early to get ready and go out.
I did Les Mills On Demand, Body Combat Short workout #72, 21 minutes, 139 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 142, max 177, 1,376 steps. This worked for a good warm up :) I then did Coffey Fit Raw really Raw, 38 minutes, heart rate average 118, max 159, met 4.6, 193 calories, 1,260 steps. Total time 59 minutes, 332 calories, 2,636 steps. This turned out to be a great workout. The pace was perfect and I loved it. I really like the use of the kettle bells.
I used a 15# kettle bell for most of the warm up where Kelly is using ropes. I did swings. I started out and ended with a few jacks. This is 30 seconds work and brief rest
1 arm dumbbell rows 15# , kettle 1 arm rows 20#
body weight squats knee up body weight, 15# kettle bell squats, 20# kettle bell squats
body weight knee turn in alternating sides and up
boxing side to side center punch
5# dumbbells side to side center punch
repeat boxing with no weight and then 4# dumbbells
kettle bell swings 15#, 20# 30#, ending with 15# American swing
bench- triceps extensions with leg extension 12.5#, , 20#, then 30# without leg extensions
lateral raise 12.5# 2 sets,
alternating arm upright row 20# kettle bell 2 sets
boxing hooks then speed hooks
upper cuts then speed upper cuts
hooks then upper cuts with 5# dumbbells
single leg deadlifts (scales) 15# kettle bell, 20# kettle bell, 30# kettle bell
abs on the bench, 15# kettle bell get ups 2 sets
sit ups on step 15# kettle bell 2 sets

Doreen, things are better today. Nice workout. The have peaks in Les Mills Body Step. I remember them from the Pump step workout I have. But, it seems most are more jumping or hit some strength type moves.
Belinda, I am beat today, but it isn't because I was working:) You got in a great workout today. Was that a full workout or one of the express or short ones?

Diane Sue - it was a full workout. They always have a modifier that shows modification on all of their step workouts. Give them a try they are fun. I am thinking signing up if they offer another great discount on xmas.

Doreen - would you recommend the set? Or is it similar to all there other stuff?

Good Morning! This morning I did Peak 10 Core Dynamics - which I didn't know was only a 20 minute workout. So then I did Spinning - Intervals. Its a DVD I found at the thrift a while back. I did the first 30 minutes of speed intervals. It was released in 2011 and the instructor is a guy named Josh. Not the most dynamic personality but the music was ok. I'd say indoor cycling classes instructors have come a long way!

Belinda- I like Fit Body Challenge - the workouts are a bit shorter that the original Peak 10 workouts but the same formats. Fit Body Challenge doesn't use any bands while the original Peak 10 workouts did. There is only one strength workout in FBC, the rest are cardio or metabolic weights and cardio. I'm happy with my purchase and I'm enjoying them. But I wouldn't think you really need them if you already have the Peak 10 workouts. I'm just using both systems to keep from boredom. The other think is FBC is only available through an online website or as downloads. There are no DVDs. That makes them convenient for me for summer or travel.

Last edited:
Good morning,

BODY ATTACK 99 full workout is done. I should have done the Express one, lol.Very fun and sweaty workout and fun moves. I had to modify a lot of the high impact moves. Still got a good workout in.

Doreen - thanks for the feedback on Fit Body Challenge. I have all the Peak workouts and really like them. They are very high impact, but like them. I almost caved when you posted the sale on BF :) I figured, I can get them next year. I do like these are downloads instead of dvd's. Makes them convenient for travel. I am not into buying dvd's anymore. Nice job on your core and spin workout.

Diane Sue - have fun with your workouts today. I am done :)

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Today I did Les Mills Body Step #109 full workout. I kind of think it is better to get familiar with the workout because because they change step height and angles. This workout changed the height several times. THis was 56 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 172, 371 calories, met 6.0, 4,308 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Floor Work # 2 since I still had not done this one. Yep, Debbie, I heard a toilet flush LOL This was 41 minutes, met 3.0, 136 calories, heart rate 99 average, 134 max, 202 steps. Kelly says you can add light ankle weights for those hip exercises, but I did not use any this time. I had light weight work in the body step (5# dbs) and want to do a heavier weight work either tomorrow or Friday so did not want to push it. Total time was 97 minutes, 507 calories, 4,510 steps. I need to type up the moves. I will post them.

Doreen, my grandson goes to a private school and they are very organized for their programs most of the time. They are doing only one grade at a time so not too many crowds. 4 2nd grade classes. They sang a few songs and there were several speaking parts (my grandson was one) on a big screen in between and they had us all sing two carols. Then it was guests out to the coffee area to wait for the children to come out for a few minutes and give their homemade ornament before going back to class. Most of the time I am not there for more than 45 minutes to an hour. I think when my kids were small it was harder. I did daycare, everything was always rushed, there were crowds, and chaos and even the parking lots were a pain. And also I was usually tired by the time evening got there which is when these things usually occurred. This school has a lot of things in the mornings. I can only do spin workouts if the instructors can make it interesting and the music is fun, otherwise I am bored to death. I like Kelly's Home Gym Intervals so the ride is broken up.

Belinda, they are good about having various modifications on the workouts and those using no weights or lighter weights. I will probably have to cancel after the free trial, but will probably go back to it later. The full Body Attack 99 workout was probably plenty for the day.

Just time for a quick workout this morning since my son had to be at school early and I fell asleep after my alarm first went off. (Oops) So I only did 30 minutes of FBC Cardio Strength v1 which got me through one block of heavy weights and one block of light weights. We'll see if I go back and do the last 30 minutes tonight or not.

This morning I started with Les Mills on Demand Body Attack Express #101, 31 minutes, heart rate average 141, 164 max, 2,827 steps, 205 calories, met 6.0. I followed this with Les Mills Remix Combat and Yoga #1 doing the combat monitoring and the yoga separate. This was from Combat # 198, and Body Ballance Body Flow 69. Combat was 31 minutes, heart rate average 142, max 177, met 6.1, 209 calories, 2,762 steps. The yoga segment was 15 minutes, met 2.0, 34 calories, 50 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 448 calories, 5,639 steps. There were so many push ups in this Body Attack. The last segment was so many push ups and just when you think you should be done they go for 32 more. I got up and did jacks and jogging!

Doreen, good job getting at least part of the workout in this morning. I am not likely to fall back asleep. Once the alarm goes off I am awake. I used to be able to fall back asleep.

Hi ladies,

I did Jessica's Smith new 4 mile Power walk this morning. I will do L4 Shoulders once DH gets home from work I will post my workout tonight.. Last night DH and I went to DC, we didn't get home until midnight. Slept in a little.

Diane Sue - great job on LM this morning. Need to look into that one.

Doreen - nicely done this morning.

I will be back later.

Belinda - I did see Jessica's new releases.... I never saw announced when she was filming them so that was a surprise. Did you like the 4 mine Power walk? Did you get the other strength one and yoga ones as well?

I did add on another workout this evening as my husband took my daughter to volleyball practice. But I did part of a Gymbox step workout just to get my steps in. I didn't feel like trying to pick up where I left off this morning.

I feel like we should all join each other in another check-in after the holidays.... its just been the three of us here for a while. I enjoy the check-in but just a thought.

Last night DH and I did L4 Shoulders.

Doreen - sorry I just saw your post. IMO, JS new workout is not a must have if you have all her other ones. The music was the same, (she used the a few times in her other ones. Too many side to side steps. Nothing new. I think 90% of the workout was side to side (or double side to side) :( I wished I waited for reviews first. I don't like the reviews on Amazon. There is one girl that gets all her dvd's to review. Of course, her reviews are all good. A must have, lol :) I looked at the clock a lot. I didn't get the other ones I already have more than enough workouts. Plus, so much free workouts on youtube.

Last edited:
Belinda - Good to know. I won't worry about purchasing it then.

This morning I did Sweat and Burn Cardio - I typically love this one. It's like a walking workout with a bit of a pop! But this morning I was feeling like I've had too much cardio lately so I did the first 3 combos and then switched over the KCM Sculpting RX for the Leg/Bi, Back/shoulder sections. I'm almost through 4 weeks of my Fit Body Challenge Rotation. I have 4 more weeks to go to earn the extra bonus workouts but I'm really starting to feel like it is just too much cardio and not enough lifting. All her stuff is fun but I'm wondering if I really want to do another 4 weeks. Convince me I do!! I also saw Peleton has finally pre-released an android app with their workouts.... another streaming service I have in queue to try out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.