Lifting like girls

'Twas during the week before Christmas, when I got to meet
A DS2 I love beyond measure, who is ever so sweet
He is a hungry and terrific eater
Although our sleep schedule I wish to be 'neater'
Mom is doing well
Now that antibiotics have sent her labor & delivery kidney infection to Hell
Not lifting iron but maybe some bodyweight work in a little bit
'Till then, I will start walking on my treadmill to get me on the path back to 'fit'!

Not the greatest poem but you get the idea! I love my final fourth little Chicken Mcnugget. He's dreamy. He's total healthy but my recovery has been slower than normal. Developed a kidney infection about 1 week after delivery as a result of very poor Labor and Delivery nurses. Don't get me started on how bad they were! Good thing I'm a 4th time Mom because I had to fight them on a LOT of things. Anyway it's over now and my OB is amazing and helped me identify the kidney infection in time so that antibiotic pills took care of it (if you're too late, treatment requires 3 days hospitalization for IV antibiotics). But overall Christmas was wonderful and our family is happily complete.

Tom, I hope you enjoyed the season with your near and dear ones. Have you any updates on your hip surgery? I will be doing 3ish mile treadmill walks for the next week or so. As soon as I get an "exciting " workout in, I will come back to post. Be well, fitness buddy!

First time in the basement for awhile, easy does it but my hip felt good all day so I started with some bwt legs, supersetting bwt squats/ calf raises 3 sets then ab cable crunches/ bench crunches. 4 sets of light bench, only up to 170x8, then full ROM 100x15 to finish and stretch. I finished with 3 sets of skullcrushers and a set of pushdowns. I think the lower body stuff was a mistake because later I had trouble walking....live and learn!
Lisa, I hope your Holidays were wonderful and maybe a new "lil bro" has made an appearance!!
Happy New Year!!!

'Twas during the week before Christmas, when I got to meet
A DS2 I love beyond measure, who is ever so sweet
He is a hungry and terrific eater
Although our sleep schedule I wish to be 'neater'
Mom is doing well
Now that antibiotics have sent her labor & delivery kidney infection to Hell
Not lifting iron but maybe some bodyweight work in a little bit
'Till then, I will start walking on my treadmill to get me on the path back to 'fit'!

Not the greatest poem but you get the idea! I love my final fourth little Chicken Mcnugget. He's dreamy. He's total healthy but my recovery has been slower than normal. Developed a kidney infection about 1 week after delivery as a result of very poor Labor and Delivery nurses. Don't get me started on how bad they were! Good thing I'm a 4th time Mom because I had to fight them on a LOT of things. Anyway it's over now and my OB is amazing and helped me identify the kidney infection in time so that antibiotic pills took care of it (if you're too late, treatment requires 3 days hospitalization for IV antibiotics). But overall Christmas was wonderful and our family is happily complete.

Tom, I hope you enjoyed the season with your near and dear ones. Have you any updates on your hip surgery? I will be doing 3ish mile treadmill walks for the next week or so. As soon as I get an "exciting " workout in, I will come back to post. Be well, fitness buddy!
Lol, we crossed!!!

Dumbbells at the motel this morning, 10 sets arms, and a couple of sets chest. At least got the "juices flowing"! Lisa, hope you are feeling good, be kind to yourself and your "hitchhiker". Have a great weekend....hope the excitement happens for you soon!!
Lisa, so very happy for you and fam!!! Can't believe we crossed again lol!!! So glad the kidney infection was caught in time!! Made my day to hear that besides being a worn out new mom, all is well!! I loved the poem...it was fantastic!!!

Finally got a workout in, shoulders today, not impressive, but done.
Lisa, hope you all are well and you are getting some sleep in! Karen, hope you and yours are well as well!

Chest and Tris today, 10 sets bench and 4 sets skullcrushers, finishing with a set of 20 kickbacks. Bench was up to 200 3x3, then 190 x3x4. It's actually the first time in a month I've been over 170 on bench, just been hit or miss EVERY workout and haven't pushed anything so, while not really heavy still better than I've been!! Hope you are doing well friend!!!

Tom, I think we're both in "do whatever the $#%+ you can mode" right now! Those are some great numbers from yesterday's chest and tris workout, you should definitely be proud, even if it's not happening every day! I've started body weight legs. Keeping it light and still mostly walking since I've got a bit more time until I get full medical clearance, but my OB does say to move if it feels good, so I'm just listening to my pulled apart Mom of 4 body, lol! (Seriously joking, I admire and respect my body for growing 4 babies!) Have a great day and a great week!

Amen on respect Lisa!!!!
Today was back and bis, 5 sets pulldowns, 4 sets pullovers, 5 sets Alt DB curls and a long set of hammer curls. I'm just hanging in there Lisa, glad you are able to start some light stuff....good for sanity!! Since tomorrow is leg day I may pass since my last attempt landed me in my wife's walker!! We will see......hope you're not TOO sleep deprived my friend!!!

Shoulders today, stayed light but still got in some work. 14 sets, 5 sets of DB press, and 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys and front raises. Just stuff but I tried to talk myself out of it....glad I lost!! Hope you are doing well Lisa! Karen, same to you friend, hope all is well!

Friday arm day, 18 sets and again light but long sets. Supersets, skullcrushers/db curls 6 sets then 3 sets of pushdowns/ hammer curls. Everything was 35 lb dumbbells finishing with 15 reps last 2 sets of skullcrushers/ DB curls. Actually felt pretty worked and that's GOOD! Freezing rain tonight... lots of it with snow coming..ugh!! Hope "me friends" are well!

Tom, as per usual you keep on chugging along. Proud of you and happy for you that you got a good burn on Friday arm day! Your weather sounds awful but too bad I can't brag about what's happening here because it's all rain/snow mix and freezing winds. January is such a bummer month. Has college basketball season started for you yet to enjoy?

As you probably expect, lots of walks, bodyweight workouts, and today eased into Upper body weights! Feeling more and more like myself....not there 100% yet, but any improvement is good in my books! My sweet DS2 continues to be a dream baby. It's just the dang middle of the night wake ups that are not for the faint of heart.

Hope you are feeling well today and have a great weekend!!!

Skipped yesterday and today was abs and some leg things. Abs were 200 bench crunches, 75 cable crunches, 150 calf raises and static glute Bridges, 1min each leg then 3 min with both legs. The ab work and calf raises were devided over several sets....no Superman here!!
Seems to be a bad weekend for Tom's sports...KU smacked at home ( seldom happens) and the Chief's are down 14 early first quarter....geeze!! Hope your weekend is better than mine Lisa!!

Update, the crazy Chiefs won by 20 after being down 24....WTH!!! Weekend got better!!!
Tom, at least you got one win! Were the Chiefs playing Houston? My DH was telling me how Houston usually starts out losing and then has to come back late in the game to win it, but that today Houston started strong and died out at the end. He didn't mention who they were playing today though. Don't worry, he's not a Houston fan, he just found it interesting sports trivia.

Good work on today's workout. I agree, who wants to do abs and calves in straight sets? Gotta alternate to keep it lively, lol! On that note, wish me luck because I'm thinking about doing some legs with weights this week. Will I chicken out or go for it? I'll let you know! Be back in a few days. Have a super start to your week!

Lisa, yep, it was the Texans. Hope leg day ( with or without weights) was good! Today was bench and tris and I went heavier...12 sets up to triples at 190 200 then singles at 210 and 215 back to triples at 200 and 190 then lighter sets clear down to 100 which is where I started! Tris were 3 sets of pushdowns and 3 sets of skullcrushers. Felt good to get a little heavier and I'm already feeling it...yay!!
Hope you are getting some rest and feeling good!!

Back and bis, 6 sets pulldowns, 3 sets of DB rows, pullovers, alt DB curls, and hammer curls. Still no pullups, hopefully some before "bionic day"!! Have a "goodun" Lisa!!

Legs and weights done. Did I really like doing this lower body $h!+ before??? Lol, just kidding. Went light and gentle. Lower body DOMS are not welcome right now!

Bionic day? Does that mean you're having the hip procedure soon? Okay, makes sense that the football game was with the Texans. Maybe your boys the Chiefs will go all the way to the Super Bowl? Great workouts! Thumbs up and I agree on no pullups...ever! Have a happy Tuesday

Got in some shoulders this morning, 3sets of BB press, DB press, side laterals, rear delt flys and Oly plate front raises. Nothing heavy, all sets of 10-12. No iron Man stuff but still seemed like work!
Hope all is well Lisa!!

Hey Tom, hope you had a good week! Not earning the Iron Woman award over here either, but have gotten in some walks, the lower body I reported earlier, and a bit of upper body. Probably going to go for upper body again tomorrow and then chill until Monday (obviously only referring to workouts because my "bosses" never give me a break!). It's a long weekend for my DH at his job and my DD1 at her school, so that's nice. Enjoy your weekend and some football time, my friend! Be well!

Well, I slacked yesterday but today was a 22 set arm day.... yippee! Only 35s and 25s for everything but long sets. All supersets, skullcrushers/DB curls 5 sets x8x10 x12 x15 x15 then pushdowns/hammer curls x10 x9 x8 and kickbacks/ 21s 3 sets 21 and 21s were sets of 7 count each ( duh, 21s)!! I feel "appendage abuse" occurred and I'm good with it!!
Tomorrow the Chiefs play the Titans and hoping for a KC win.... support your local Headbangers ya know!! Have a great weekend Lisa!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.