Lifting like girls

Thank you for your kind words, Tom! This little guy will certainly be my best Christmas gift ever. :)

I hope Karen comes back so you can have some company here while I'm out of commission!

Every time you mention them, I think "I need to start incorporating Olympic plate raises for shoulders." Nice, efficient burn for you today!

Arm day and back to 20 sets, all supersets. I had a friend in the basement this morning, a raccoon up on my suspended ceiling...WTH!! Any way, let him watch as I did my thing if he wanted and I went to work and DW set a trap...in my weight room!! Now I know where the pee months ago on my bench came from!! Lil shit gotta go! Have a great weekend Lisa!!

raccoon up on my suspended ceiling...WTH!!

OMG!!! I would have run back upstairs screaming, and wow your DW is one brave woman to go back down there and set a trap. Did you get him? I would've called an exterminater, 911, the fire department, an ambulance, Congress, etc! Raccoons are so nasty!

Since I'm here may as well report that I got in a quick total body weights workout today. Hope Big Red wins for you this weekend, assuming there's a game. Talk again Monday

Lisa, I'm in FL this week,we flew in yesterday and will fly back next weekend so I will probably be MIA but will try to look in from time to time. I'm so excited for you guys and if there is a long pause I will be know what's up!! I may hit the gym with son 2 if he goes, otherwise this may be a week but off. If I can manage to get to work out I'll check in! Take care of yourself my friend!!

Tom, have a great trip! Florida sounds great right now. Soak up all the fun and family time.

I'm definitely slowing down. Got in a boot camp workout this morning, but marching in place is becoming my new best cardio friend, lol! Have a great week!

Did make it to Son 2's gym and it's HUGE....2 floors and an outside area that's turfed that's also huge! I just did mostly shoulders and some Tris while he did chest and Tris. Been nice here, in the 80s last 2 days, 70s today... beats 23 today at home! Today will try to hit it again... whatever that is? Have a great day Lisa!!

Did make it to Son 2's gym and it's HUGE....2 floors and an outside area that's turfed that's also huge! I just did mostly shoulders and some Tris while he did chest and Tris. Been nice here, in the 80s last 2 days, 70s today... beats 23 today at home! Today will try to hit it again... whatever that is? Have a great day Lisa!!

Geez, that gym sounds AWESOME! Much better than the dusty janitorial-like closets that a hotel would call a gym. Sounds like your DS has good taste! Hope you get to enjoy that setup again before you head home! The weather sounds awesome too. Jealous. :)

Did legs and shoulders today. Probably the last time I'm going to be doing any stiff legged DLs for a while. Body said "no more!" Have a good one!

Some low key cardio today. Plan on taking the weekend off, and back at it Monday...at least that's the plan! Enjoy your family and some football this weekend, Tom!

Made it to the "Mega Gym" again today for some back and arms. Back was a Nautilus machine, smooth as heck, just 3x10 but gonna feel it because of the extension I got. Arms were supersets of skullcrushers/ DB curls and kickbacks/ hammer curls, finishing with 3 x10 and 1x15 on an ab machine. Lisa, low key cardio may be just what the doctor ordered!! Have a great weekend Lisa!!

How was your weekend, Tom? Hope you enjoyed FL! Did Big Red make a Bowl? BSU made the Las Vegas Bowl, and I know a lot of people were disappointed, thought they had a better season than that.

Today was chest and Triceps. Tris are on fire! Have a good one!

BWT legs and some shoulders sprinkled in as well for funsies! One week countdown to Christmas Eve is on. Every time I drive past our jam packed local mall, I feel relieved that my shopping is done and I can stay far away!

Be well today!

Well I essentially did a deload chest and Tris Monday, light and short, skipped today and tomorrow will be back and bis and maybe sprinkle some legs in there.... maybe! I think this week Will be lightish. Good work Lisa and Christmas should be amazing at your house!!!

Deload back and bis, 3 short sets of chinups, pullovers and light db rows and 3 sets of DB curls and 2 sets of 21s. Did catch my lil raccoon friend today but think he has company because I think I heard another one walking around on my drop ceiling....ugh!
All for this animal control officer/ dentist/ iron slacker/over the hill human!!! I go Friday for my pre op on the hip, I guess to make sure I'll survive, then I'm scheduled for Jan 24th for the surgery... pretty much READY!!
Have a great hump day(no pun intended Lisa)!!

Your workout plan sounds great, Tom! Those raccoons, not so much! Call an exterminator now!!! Sounds like the raccoons are planning on a family Christmas gathering at your place if you don't! Surgery sucks but at least I hope that gives you some peace of mind and light at the end of the tunnel. You've been through enough!

Light cardio today. I might do some back and biceps tomorrow but after that I think I am officially "done-zo" until baby comes. I will try to read your posts if you have time to post anything but otherwise I probably won't be back on the check in until after Christmas. Have a wonderful, happy, merry, safe holiday with your loved ones, Tom! Same to you if you read this Karen!

Dumbbells at the motel this morning, 10 sets arms, and a couple of sets chest. At least got the "juices flowing"! Lisa, hope you are feeling good, be kind to yourself and your "hitchhiker". Have a great weekend....hope the excitement happens for you soon!!

Got shoulders in Saturday when I got home, 18 sets, 6 sets DB press only up to 55sx12 12 10, then 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 dec front raises and DB shrugs x20 25 25. Hope all is well Lisa!!! Karen, hope you are doing well!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.