Lifting like girls

Kickboxing today.

Karen, lol'ing over your dog wanting to lick off his brother's "tasty" medicine. Never could relate to the taste buds of canines! We just got blasted with rain, too. We have neighbors who moved here from Utah who landscaped their front yard with great stupidity. Every time it rains, their front yard turns into a lake. It's been a lake for a week and a half! And now they're trying to sell their house, but they haven't had any luck. What buyer would want to take on that front yard mess of standing water, and for the crazy price they are listed at!?!?!? I know what you mean about Julia's pregnant workouts. I think "Oh, she's in her third trimester, it can't be that bad!" NOT!!! The woman never stops.

Tom, party hard for us. I hope you're cruising around the beach in the sunshine. No BBQ's for us this weekend, according to the weatherman.

Happy Friday!

Well hey, Happy DRY Memorial Day, friends! The rain gave us a wollup last night and has gone away today. Finally! Did a Sydney Cummings YouTube workout, her at-home version of a Cross Fit Murphy WOD. It was tough! Thanks to all of your family members who have served in the military, if you have any. Have a great day!

Well, I must report on this workout!! Fit Body By Julia/Volume Glutes. Just posted this week I believe. My whole posterior chain is on fire. Using the bathroom (I know, too much information) is an absolute killer. Once I get down, I can't get back up. So, there you have it. Highly recommend, even for you, Tom! I know how you hate legs and glutes and such. But, give it a try, you won't regret it, well, maybe a little bit. I did it yesterday, and I'm usually more sore the second day. So, if I report from the hospital, in traction, this is why. But, in reality it is feeling better than it did this morning. Have a wonderful day guys. I'm off to the Vet again.

Yesterday was Tracie Long’s “Grand Total Volume 2. Very good unique workout. Today was Julia “7 Deadly Rounds.” Adapted from a BJ Gaddour workout in a magazine. Can’t remember the name of the magazine. More difficult than expected, as it usually is with Julia. I thought the dog was bitten by a spider or some bug, but found out it’s an allergic reaction to something. So minimum ingredient food, and a ton of medication.
The weather forecast was a sunny day with no rain. But, it is pouring outside right now. I think this has been the second wettest Spring, and we’re all ready for some sunshine
Take care all!

Got home today, many roads closed flooding EVERYWHERE..basement included. I've done ZERO and not sure I will "WADE IN" tomorrow...(pun intended)! Glad you guys are "whuppin arse" to counter balance my "slackerdom"!! Tomorrow will be what it will be...maybe next week as we go to Neb for my brothers retirement party Friday and Saturday. Hope all are well!

A week off is NOT good for this old geezer! Today was light misc and I started with 135 bench x5 8 12 15 and the first set was horrible...felt like shoulder surgery!! X8 was better and 12 15 were ok. Next was bwt squats x30 and calf raises x30 then skullcrushers 2x12 and db curls 2x10. Basement was drier so hope abounds but still rain chances today. Off to "grip em and rip em"....gently!!! Have a goodun friends!

Tom, sorry to hear about that flooding. So much storm damage happening all across the country right now. Enjoy your family time. The basement gym will be waiting to kick your a$$ when you get back.

Karen, hope you figure out what your boy is allergic to. Poor pup. Great work on those Julia and Tracy workouts. Second wettest Spring in UT history, what??? That's crazy. We've had like 2x the normal May rain but not sure it's record breaking.

Today was lower body. A mix of standing weight work (lunges, squats, etc) with floor Pilates. So glad it's Thursday. Have a great day!

Tom, yes, so sorry to hear about your flooding. It's definitely getting tiresome. Today was no workout. Decided to mow the lawn (out of town DH) and it hasn't been mowed for at least three weeks. Constant rain! Filled up two trash cans with grass. Hope I can move them to the curb for trash pick-up on Monday.
Have a great day, guys! Anybody heard from Lib? I hope she's well!

Hey everybody! Today was another Julia "Hiit & Challenge Reps" just under an hour, and another goody. I'm going to whisper this, so Mother Nature doesn't hear, and change things in a split second. The sun is actually shining, but clouds are looming on the horizon. We still haven't turned on the lawn watering system, which is good, keeps the water usage low. Not much going on, we're hanging in there, and just living the dream. So until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Karen, did the sun stay out for you? It's June 1, for Pete's sake! Rain rain go away. You are really churning out those Julia workouts. Thumbs up! Do you use city water to water your yard? Our sprinklers operate on a community irrigation system that is covered in our HOA dues. The HOA turns the water on and off each year, although we are responsible for our own sprinkler blowouts and turn ons.

Today was chest, tris, back. Have a great rest of the weekend! Tom, hope you are having a blast in your travels and at your brother's retirement party.

Got in a chest and tri day, 8 sets bench, 5 sets tris. Bench has suffered by 12 days without doing much! Today was warm ups then 195x5 205x3 175x8 155x10 135x12, then 3 sets skullcrushers and 2 sets pushdowns. Not a power packed day but Tom showed....sort of! Hope I "show" tomorrow. Later friends!

Hey guys! Yes Lisa, our sprinklers are on city water, so we turn them on and off Spring and Autumn. Our neighbor behind us has an acre that he waters with irrigation. I think it comes from the Jordan River. He has let it overflow into our yard on occasion. I appreciate his kindness, however, it's full of weed seeds, and sometimes snakes. I can't tolerate either one, and my next door neighbor gets PO'd because it floods his garage and shed. Oops. Temperatures are predicted in the 80's this week, and every day has sunshine, so I think the sprinklers will go on.
Today was a homemade upper body heavy weight workout. I will be sore tomorrow. I haven't done heavy for awhile.
That's all I got! Tomorrow.

Some "stuff" today...kinda weird! Started with ab supersets, 3x25 crunches/ 3x25 cable crunches, 3x10 leg press, 3x25 calf raises, then, because I shorted bis the other day, 3x10 db curls....yeah, a little ADHD!! Anyway, something! I saw 40 patients yesterday, trying to do 2 dentist's job...37 the day before and 30 today + add ins and 11 of those are surgeries....old man dying here!
Survive your day friends!!

I appreciate his kindness, however, it's full of weed seeds, and sometimes snakes

That must get expensive to run the sprinklers on city water. Snakes??? No thank you. Omg my worst nightmare. I hope you soak in all that great sunshine and those warm temps.

Tom, your workload is insane! Definitely the work of 2 dentists. Sorry you are so slammed, not that that helps, but feeling bad for you.

Today was cardio. We've got sunshine and warmth through Thursday. Then temperatures nose dive, with high chance of rain and snow in the mountains...make up your mind, Mother Nature!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.