Lifting like girls

A leg day show, always in question, but I made it! 5 sets of leg press, 3 sets of rev lunges 3 sets of kb swings and 3 sets calf raises. For abs 2 sets of crunches and 2 sets of seated knee to chest...about 45 min.
Yesterday at work was me doing basically a 2 dentist schedule...WTF!! I saw 36 people, ugh, lotsa charting. Way too old for that! Carry on friends...if I die at work remember me fondly!!

Today was Chest and Biceps. Tom, you're either going to die with a drill in your hand or with a barbell on your bench. That's at least several decades away, so no worries. ;) I do think it stinks you're so slammed at work. Just like Karen's weeds conspiring against her!

Yesterday was a hybrid KB workout by Forest Vance. Today will be Julia, an upper body workout. Lots of yard cleaning and weed pulling going on here. Not much else. Oh, I did register my car on Monday. Thought you would want to hear that. That’s about it. Make it great!!

I did arms today. Needed a shorter one and did supersets, pushdowns 3x8/ Ez bar curls 3x8 skullcrushers 3x10/ Db curls 3x10 kickbacks x20 20 15/ Hammer curls 3x10. All the dumbbell stuff was 45s. I know this is a "guy thing" but I measured my arms today and they were 17.25! I remember on STS they went from 14 something to 16 something but 17 1/4?? Kinda happy in a weird guy way lol!! Off again, make it yours!!

Last edited:
Karen, did you buy a new car? What kind?

Tom, I love watching my arms get bigger too since I tend to be scrawny. My legs on the other hand, no thanks! Congrats on the muscle growth!

Today was legs with quad focus. It's going to be cold and rainy for the next week around here. Blech!

No, no new car. Just registered my old car. That's the most excitement I've had in a week. Today was Fit Body By Julia "Full Body Glutes Tabata & Strength." Another good one from Julia.
It will also be cold and rainy here for the next week. It's been a cooler, wet Spring. Wishing for a week of warm weather, not just a day or two, here and there. I need to dry out these old bones.
I love big arms, Tom. Not weird at all. That's all folks! Again tomorrow.

Friday was a bust cause Thursday was a zero sleep nite and I mean ZERO!! Today was shoulders, 20 sets and I worked! Db press, 35sx8 45sx8 55sx10 65sx8 ( last week I couldn't get 1 of these...proud of this), then dropped to 55sx10 8 45sx12. Side laterals (25s) 3x12, then single arm side laterals 3x12 bench supported rear delt flys 3x15, last 2 sets were 45s, and 4x15 oly plate front raises (45). Shoulders are "pooped"!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Today was a total body KB workout by Forest Vance. Short, but got it all done. Actually it was a hybrid workout. Used a barbell and kettlebell. Been rainy and cold here. I had my garden planted by this time last year. Not so much this year. Haven’t had the need to turn on the sprinklers. Lots of rain. That’s it! Enjoy your weekend!

Dreaded leg day with water rising! Leg press x10 12 15, gob squats 3x12, rev lunges 3x8, and 4 sets of calf raises, short and sweet but still "jelly legs" were had! Fans are on so hopefully it will be dry enough to lift this week. I work M Tue and Wed, then we fly to FL for a week, so I may live vicariously thru y'all! Enjoy your Sunday friends!

Last edited:
Back was the agenda today, chins s 12 8 6, Pendlay rows 3x8 (205) and I can't be d over for these, my freakin back kills me so it's almost more a shrug! Lat pulldowns 3x12 and db pullover 3x12. My plan is tomorrow chest, Wed is arms and since I did legs Sunday and shoulders Sat, they all got hit before vayycay! Have Monday your way friends!

Tom, can I hitch a ride on that arc? We've got the same forecast, rain for days! At least you got some heavy loads in during your basement "pool" workout.

Glutes for me today. Mostly deads, thrusts, and lots of accessory work.

Hope your umbrellas protect you today, my friends!

Tom, throw some water aerobics into the mix. Perfect for your indoor pool. Seriously though, hope it dries out soon. Sheesh. Good job getting it done despite obstacles.

I did chest and biceps today. More volume so not as heavy with the loads. Enjoy your Wednesday everyone

I’m going to need a ride on that ark. Just keep me away from the snakes. I finally planted my garden, during a break in the clouds. Now I hope the poor little plants don’t drown. Evidently one of the dogs got bit by a spider or something, who knows, he’s always tromping through the weeds, and I have plenty of those. But, the whole left side of his face is swollen, and he’s scratched the hell out of his skin. So, off to the vet again. It’s obvious I'm raising a second batch of kids, good grief.
Monday was a Julia total body workout. Tuesday, I took off to plant, yesterday was a heavy lower body day, with some hiit. Today, we’re going to the Vet. I was going to do a heavy upper body, but, that may be put on hold. Hoping for sunshine, and wishing you both a great day! Great idea, Tom! Offer a water aerobics class in your basement. I’m game.

Last edited:
Karen, that poor puppy! I hope he feels better soon. And yes, like kids, but without the smart alec behavior or, OMG the whining (my 4 year old DD2!!!). You've been getting in great workouts! Are you going to be overrun by tomatoes again this year? My neighbor planted a garden box full of goodies last weekend and I told her to send me all of her leftovers. She looked relieved to know that I actually would love a delivery of 3 tons of squash!

Tom, hope your vacation is off to a great start! Enjoy seeing your fam in FL.

Today was legs. And grocery shopping. Always with the grocery shopping. Not to brag, but I live in the birthplace of Albertsons, and so Albertsons just opened up the world's biggest Albertsons a few miles from my house. I kid you not, it's the size of a full Super Walmart but only has food. It's actually disgustingly excessive. Worth seeing if you are ever in the area but I bet the amount of uneaten/unpurchased food waste from this store is nearly criminal. Well that was a boring rant...

Hey guys! Today another Julia. Strength and Cardio HIIT #1. Another good one. She’s 27 weeks pregnant in this workout, and she still kicks my butt. Obviously an older workout, but a good one. Still raining here, and cold. My heat is still running at the end of May! Seriously? Haven’t had to water the lawn, so I guess it’s not all bad. But, it is getting old, and I’m so over it.
Dog is good, given an antihistamine, and some medication for his skin. Now, I need to keep the other dog away. He loves to lick the medication off his brother’s face.
Well, look at that! We’re getting a downpour as I write. Off to find more laundry. That’s all I can do right now. When the sun finally appears, quite a few people will be hiding under the bed, or in a closet, we’ve become vampires. Have a great day. I’m off to throw my tomato plants a lifesaver. Is there such a thing?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.