Lifting like girls

Just a quick check in to say you guys are doing great! Can't remember what I reported last but I ended the week with legs Thurs, cardio Fri, UB Sat. Dentist said my sweet DS is healing well but the 3 remaining teeth, tho doing well now, could get infected and die at any time, no matter what we do. It might not happen at all, everything could be swell and great, or not. That's what's most frustrating to me, the not knowing!!! Little dude is healthy so I am cherishing that and still helicoptering over him!

Tom, that snow sounds awful!!! What's a blade? Is that like a snow plow? Congrats on leaning out and reaching that goal. I bet you are still well within thug status!

Karen, congrats on your new love: BURPEES! Lol. I'm in awe of your power. So cool. I got my Lite DVDs yesterday. Not sure when I will do any of the workouts. Let me know if you try any.

Take care!

Lisa, glad lil guy is doing well and yeah, just never know how the teeth will respond to trauma. The good news is...,they are primary and pray no damage done to perms!! My oldest needed anterior crowns at 18 months...we went to a pedodontist that had been my instructor in school. He did great but when the dentist asked what kind of crowns to use I said stainless because they STAYED!!! DW freaked and said polycarbonate ( only 2 types they had in those days) which were prettier and I knew I would be redoing them MULTIPLE TIMES.., and I did!! I figured 5 years or so of silver anteriors would be ok....,GUESS NOT!! As he got older he really wore his posterior down by night grinding ( bruxing) and I crowned all his lower posterior...the dentist dad curse!!!

Hey guys. Haven’t received my treasure yet. Thought it would come on Saturday, but no. Yesterday was more Julia, today is a rest day. I’m noticing as I get older, I can’t deal with cold weather. Heat is turned up to rocket launch, and I’m sitting here in two sweatshirts, and my flannel PJs. Damn, I hate this. Crappy air the past few days. The wind was blowing today. Let’s hope it blows all the junk away.
The joys of being a parent, right? So many things we have no way to control. Hoping for the best, Lisa. Tom, you amaze me with your lifting. Congrats on reaching your goal. See you both tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty intense shoulder day today! Standing press 45x8 95x6 115x3 125x1 100x10, seated db press 55s x10 8 45s x11f, side laterals 25s x15 12 10, rear delt flys 45s x15 12 15, BB front raise 55 x15 15 12 and db shrugs 85s x30 25 20. Most my sets were near fail except warm up presses, I decided to take a pic of my hands over my head and it's a RIOT!! Not even close to straight....,it's not in my destiny I guess but sure makes overhead stuff futile! I'm so disappointed in my ability to press overhead. Not like I don't work on it though.,,just keep pluggin I guess. Over and out friends...and, by the way, I was down to 184.5 today..,WTH!! If I just deny myself a few carbs for a day or two I'm ready for a poster for anorexia!

Hey guys! Someone asked Cathe about a pair of leggings she wore in one of the new workouts. Cathe kindly responded with the website. Check it out. This model has one helluva pair of legs, and a booty. Just sayin’
The website is “Violate the dress code” oh my gosh.

Hey guys! Someone asked Cathe about a pair of leggings she wore in one of the new workouts. Cathe kindly responded with the website. Check it out. This model has one helluva pair of legs, and a booty. Just sayin’
The website is “Violate the dress code” oh my gosh.

Holy s=%: , that girl has done a squat or 2....makes ME want to buy them lol!!! Great wheels!!

Today was back and bi. Starting with chin-ups by 10:10 8, pullover x12 10 10, and lat pulldowns 3x8. Bis were db curls 3x10, conc curls 2x8. 21s 1 set and a burn out set of xurls5 x9f. I went light on the bus because they are always tougher after back...dropped to 35s for the db curls and conc curls, then 55 for 21s and burnout set.
Hope Tuesday is good for all of us ironheads!!

Good morning iron sisters. Today was chest and tris, 9 sets bench, 6 sets Tris. Bench was 115x8 165x5 185x3 195x3 205x2 215 and 220 singles, then 190x6 ( thought I had 200 on but miscounted) 165x10 and a burn out set 135x15. Tris were 3 sets skullcrushers x12 10 8 2x8 pushdowns and a burn out set of kickbacks. Back to work again and looks like ANOTHER winter storm coming in and I have to drive to St Louis Thursday....bummer!! Do it right friends!

Monday was legs, yesterday was a bootcamp, today was Muscle Max UB premix plus a short cardio.

We got a sprinkling of snow yesterday and today but nothing compared to what you're getting, Tom. Driving to St Louis sounds awful in a storm. Karen, any snow for you? Good work on the consistency this week, Tom. Karen, I am sure you are killing it too.

Happy Wednesday!

Shorter leg day and still dann near died. Light on bench squats but sets of 10 At 115 135 155.,,that shouldn't kill me but seemed hard, probably because it was sets of 10. 3x15 gob squats, 2x8 rev lunges and 3x20 BB calf raises. My freakin legs were wobbly..,why?? Anyway, legs done and can use son 1's powerblocks for an arm day in St louie! Shower and on the road fer me!!! Have a goodun friends!!

Yesterday was a Bootcamp and today was a KCM total body weights DVD. Haven't done a full body strength routine in a while. Was a good change.

Tom, safe travels. Power blocks are the best, so versatile. Karen, hey girl! Have a great weekend my friends. We've got lots going on. Still helicopter parenting DS but he's healing nicely. Got a dinner date with DH, play dates for the kids, and work for me as well.

Got in an arm day, just 40# db, 3 sets of skullcrushers 2 sets of Db curls 1set conc curls 2x10 chin ups and 1 long set of bench dips. Had to escape the 4 dogs long enough to get it in! Not much but beats nothing! We will see what today's weather blows in, hopefully less than expected!! Ole man out!!

A metabolic cardio HiiT today. Hope you are safe, Tom. Hope you are feeling well, Karen. I'm not a football person but I am pretty sure Tom Brady is a robot. No matter how many points down, and even with one nanosecond left in the game, you know the Patriots will win because Tom Brady will do something unbelievably incredible. I only know these things because my DH is anti-Patriots but also can't deny how good Brady is.

Make a great Monday!

I have nothing against Brady, he deserves the accolades but the Chiefs were the local guys and I was pulling for them! The Saints pretty much got robbed on a terrible pass interference call geeze, those guys should NEVER ref again and several bad calls in the Chiefs game too. Its terrible when a call cost a team, like the Saints or any other team a chance to pay for a title. I like the Rams, they have Suh, an old Husker and the Pats have Rex Birkhead, another Husker, so I'm glad they get a shot!
Today was a really ugly bench day. Poor nutrition, traveling, and plain "mind f&^$) seemed to be the issue! In fairness I put the block ON the bar with increased the ROM and really, I hadn't gone that heavy that way because I usually place it under my shirt. Iam still trying to stretch the shoulders out ind increase ROM. Today was 115x8 135x10 165x5 185x3 200x2 (I short armed these a bit:rolleyes:) 190x2 175x5 135x15 then did 2 sets of inclined bench 135 x12 10, 20 pushups, 2x8 skullcrushers and 2x8 pushdowns.
Not happy with the paltry bench, but it will have to do....until next time!
All for me, make the day yours!

Hey all!
Today was another Julia workout. When I watched it on You Tube, it came in at an hour and 25 minutes. Well, didn’t have the time or desire for that, so I took out a couple of circuits, and it still took me 1.25 hours to complete.
Today we got dumped on with a lot of wet snow. Tomorrow will most likely be a Shovel Max workout. DH said he would do it, but I kinda like shoveling snow. Count it as a workout and call it good.
That’s about it. Just looking forward to Spring.

Ho hum back and bi day, chins x12 8, Pendlay rows x10 7 ( THESE aren't good on my low back) pulldowns 2x12 and pullover 2x12. Bis were 2x10 db curls, 1x10 hammer curls and a set of 21s. 0 motivation but did manage this so all not lost!
Karen, I feel for you on the snow thing! We are supposed to get ice tonight and DW flys into St Louis late and wants to come on home....not so sure bout that one?
Lisa, hope you are surviving motherhood and law!! I'm out friends, talk to y'all later!

Oh my gosh! An absolutely beautiful day here. Crystal blue skies, sunshine and snow. Perfect day to ski. The mountains are calling, but not today. Too much to do. Starting with Shovel Max. I’ll let you know what happens, I’m thinking about it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.