Lifting like girls

Roz, I'm with you on not doing a non-training day. I tried a cut 3 one. Never again. I was dizzy and lethargic all day. Anyway, I wrap up my cut this weekend, and will be about 63kg, which I'm ok with. I'll do a decent length of maintenance, and then maybe cut to 61/62, then mass. Yippee.

Today was pull ups (10,8), overhead press (30kg, 8, 10), DB row (15kg, 11,12), EZ curl (20kg 14,12,12,10), push-up (+10kg, 20,11), cable face pull (8,8), v-sit (5kg, 12,12,12). Again all of these were 3 from failure, or they were supposed to be.

Karen, welcome back into the fold! Glad it hurts (in the nicest possible sense).

Lib, hard strikes is so much fun. Great music!

Well, it was a "BULLPOO" press day here! Shoulders were on the agenda and they were done, but kinda miserable strength wise. I did 24 sets of shoulder stuff, 9 sets strict press, 3 sets dumbbell press, 3x12 side lats, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 alternate front raise and dumbbell shrugs, x40 x30 x20. Not sure why I SUCKED,but I did!! Not everyday is a good day! I did lats Tuesday, and as an interesting side note, my tris have been really sore which is unusual for me, and it was from pullovers! I haven't been doing those lately, but maybe I should, because they really seemed to work the tris (not sure how much lat effective they were?) That may be some of my ineffectiveness on presses too!! Enough "pity party"!! Karen, glad you are "having fun" with this type of lifting! Justine, that sounds like a great w/o, but how do you get the plate on your back for pushups, 20 reps with an extra 20k is brutal( I almost forgot, you did it with your daughter on your back!!!! lol)...would be a "youtube" moment for me to try!! Go get some iron friends!

80 minutes, lib? I'm already limping in sympathy.

Tom, that day doesn't sound too much like bullpoo to me. With pullovers I always feel it in the upper abs. It's the sort of exercise (max effort at max stretch) which always gives me doms.

As for the weighted push-ups- I stuck a weight plate in an old ruck sack. Basic, but it worked. I have a weighted vest, but it's super uncomfortable for push ups.

Lower body day today: deadlifts, lying leg curls, close stance squats, sumo squats and calf presses. Uneventful. Only 2 sets of each (3 from fail again). Next week the sets start to increase, and I'm looking forward to getting the volume in.

Ugggggh... OK, I just put my daughter to sleep and I'm dreading going down to do lower body today. But seeing that Lib is doing XTrain Legs uber-edition and Justine just knocked out some of the same moves I'm due for, I guess I should suck it up.
Week 4 of Meso 2, volume is just brutal. Upper body is time-consuming, lower body is just evil.
But I'll do it for the carbs...
(wait 20 mins I'll come back and say I'll finish it tomorrow ;) )

Justine, are you doing an intra-workout shake and/or casein at night? If so, what do you do for them?

Tom, I always chuckle a little when you say it's an off day......sorry, but you are superman in my book! I am in awe of all you do!

Justine, I am sure I whimpered when I saw the time on it!!

Roz you have this!

I am so sore! We spent five hours walking around Silver Dollar City, omg! And the hills! Wow! I would have not made it if we had done it tomorrow! We had such a blast though! One of our best family days! My oldest (14) tackled the roller coasters, while the youngest (12) and I hit the water rides. We even had some old time pictures in then old time clothing taken! The boys let me pick top hats and fancy clothes for them, and I got to wear a pink gown with a hoop and fancy hat. I teared up when I walked out of the dressing room and saw them standing there.
Pictures came in t wonderfully, and even though the oldest fought even doing this, the minute we got home, he hung the 8X10 of us on the wall. :)

Needless to say, I can barely move, so took Epsom salt bath, and hit the sack on a heating pad. Tomorrow's leg day is going to be extra brutal!

Oh, in one of the pics (still look fat) but my legs are shaping up nicely! Lol
Thanks for letting me share my day. Have a great night all!

Thanks, Lib. ;)
Last night's leg trauma was two hours. Long sets: 6 of sumo squats, 5 of narrow-stance squats, 6 of high bar good mornings, 5 of BB hip thrusts, 7 of calves. This morning was upper body, almost the same length (45 sets including abs). Meso 2 Week 4 workouts are the longest workouts, but I still think I might cut down to 4x week (from 6x week) for Meso 3. I just don't have time and would like more time for biking, walking, and hiking. I'm also going to take a break from the templates. Enjoyed (relatively speaking) the first cut on them, but need a break now from such regimented eating. I just have too much I'm currently juggling to add 6x week long weight workouts and a strict diet.
That's all for now -- I'll probably be 'away' for the weekend, just watching from a distance. ;)
Roz

OK Roz, I GIVE!!!! What are you made of?? WOW! I can only say I am in awe! To do those two w/o at all, and that close together is inspiring!! I think I am going to need counseling!!! Lib, SilverDollar City sounds fun! My Grandparents lived in Branson and I went there several time. Also did Marvel Cave, I was about 7 and went barefoot. My Mom had to carry me because my feet were soooo cold!! Family moments are the BEST!! Today was arm day, 4 supersetted tri sets, pretty much all 35 and 45# dumbbells. I almost postponed todays w/o, but after reading Roz's post, I had to "just do it"! I have to say this, you, my Commando sisters, truly inspire me! I am so impressed with the work ethic of each of you and so proud to be a part of this forum! I see how busy each of you are in your lives, yet find the time to keep healthy and inspire and encourage the rest of us!! Proud to be an honorary "LADY LIFTER!!!

Oouucchh! Yesterday was leg day. It took 5 minutes to get in the chair, now can someone help me get out? So Nice to be back in the heavy weights.
Ok, Roz, trauma is the perfect name for that workout. Two hours of that torture, and you lived to tell. Nice job!
Good for you, Lib. Family time is the best, and it is kinda nice to be sore. (sometimes)
Nice job, Justine. Just reading your post, makes me tired. Kudos!
Lisa, how are you? What are you up to these days?
Didn't postpone your workout! Way to go, Tom. You're using some heavy weights there. BULLPOO, huh? Love it. Reading all your posts, gives me the incentive to workout. (Sometimes, there is a dread factor) You're my inspiration. Thanks!
Have a nice weekend everyone!

Lib, I can't put it better than the others have - cherish that family time. My semi-grown up children are always reminiscing about our adventures when they were little.

Roz, wow. You're making me scared. What I'm really dreading is the 1/fail, rather than the number of sets. 3/fail feels like a bit of a get-out, if I'm honest.
Re the whey / casein, I use them most of the time, but I'm frequently swapping in cottage cheese / yoghurt etc. I much prefer real food. I'm not very fond of sugar replacements, so I tend to have things like a decaf casein coffee at night. My intra is just plain dextrose. I hear you about the RP diet taking up so much time- it can get to the point where I'm either calculating what to eat, or eating! I tend to eyeball quite a bit, though, and I don't sweat over a few g extra here or there. I move to maintenance Monday. Wow. The 12 weeks just seemed to disappear.

Karen- leg day? What killer moves did you come up with? I bet it feels good to hurt again.

Tom- 45# Dumbells? I don't even possess those! Supersetting is killer.

Today was UB: rear delt flyes, wide bench (turns out this is super comfy for me), row to chest, hammer curls, dips (feel it in my shoulders rather than triceps-tips?) and hanging knee raises.

We've a busy weekend, but I'll be getting a workout in. My dh is off crutches and his knee op seems to have been very successful. Tom, how's your wife doing?

Happy weekend all!

Today was xtrain legs......everything....the whole shebang!

I officially declare full pain is set in! Omg! I have no idea how I'm going to walk the next several days. Wow

Oh and
I wanted to share. Yesterday we went to Silver Dollar City.

We walked around for a little over five hours, up hills, downhill, and all over.

Then when it was time to go, I talked the boys into walking half a mile to the car instead of waiting for the Tran.

We were looking at pictures last night, and I was so disappointed to see how I still look so big in one of them......

Then the boys say....
But you are so strong now mom! You walked everywhere. You never once had to sit and rest!! Not one time! And when we walked up the really steep hill to ride the train, you didn't stop at all! You even walked to the car and kept us walking and WE wanted to rest!

Best motivation!!!!

They are right though. I would have never done that before. And I was carrying the backpack with 9 bottles of water the whole time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.