Life Fitness Home Gym...got one?

40something

After an extensive and exhaustive search...I do believe this is the home gym I am springing for. The footprint is small since the bench is easily detachable so I can put this into a corner in the toy room...opposite the Life Fitness treadmill. I'm sensing a theme here.

Anyway...does anyone on the forums have one of these? I was quite impressed with it and love the fact that I can do my much longed for standing leg kickbacks and rowing...my favorite machine to use at the gym. I'll never have to leave home now. :)

Oops...forgot to link it...for inquiring minds.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/lifefitnesshomegyms

WOW!...Looks like a good choice....I use a very old GymPac weight machine from Montgomery Wards!!! It really has held up well and has weight plates and cables and also a detachable bench. You will love working out at home now...:)

What's the price? I can't find it and I want one of these!!! After the $3000 elliptical I just bought I think my husband would be tempted to kill me if I make any noise whatsoever about my next fitness gotta have thingy!! But if it's not too expensive (yeah right, it's Lifefitness!) might be able to figure out a way to swing it in the near future!

Edited to add: I see the price now!! Sigh..... $3000!

Another good home gym is Hoist. DH and I got one at Second Wind Exercise. Very solid and well built with a small footprint. we have been very happy with it, and it gets used A LOT. It's wonderful having all the equipment you need at home ::))

karen

The MSRP is $2999.00. They are on sale right now, so the guy tells me, at $700 off that MSRP or $2299.00. We're working on the delivery charge right now...or more I'm trying to get them to include the delivery/setup. But we are 1.5 hours away from the nearest dealer so...we'll see how I come out on that one in the next day or two.

I was actually looking at Hoist equipment (I am buying this through 2nd Wind also) but as much as I like the Hoist V5...it is just too big for the area I can give up right now. If we didn't have need of a toy room I'd definitely go for the Hoist gym and get the leg press attachment too.

The Life Fitness will still get me what I want but in a smaller footprint.

Isn't it just crazy what these fitness machines cost? We just replaced our 10 yo treadmill that was on it's last half leg and the new one was $2k. And then while doing the shopping for a treadmill I was trying out home gyms because I've always wanted one but DH insists we be gym members and he works out at the gym but I rarely go...just too hard to find the time. I much prefer to workout at home, at my convienence.

So, as I've been dreaming over brochures these past weeks H told me to just pick one I wanted and get it as it's too hard for him to get to the gym during construction season and he really made the effort this winter to work out regularly and he's feeling better physically. Plus, doctor put him on a statin drug recently so he's thinking more of his own health problems and that he needs to keep up with a regular exercise routine.

The kids will have a fit though when this is delivered and it's taking up their precious play space!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.