Leukopenia

Loriv

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Leukopenia (low white blood cells/immune system), such as how to correct it? Thanks. : )

I asked the same question some time ago and did not receive any replies. Let me tell you what I discovered on the internet that seemed related to my problem. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride), which is also an antihistamine, is used quite frequently as a sleep aid or to calm the shaking in Parkinson's. Go to http://www.kcmetro.cc.mo.us/pennvalley/emt/diphen.htm for a full listing of pharmacological and side effects.

I had been taking Simply Sleep (which is basically Benadryl) every night for well over a year. I guess you could say I had been abusing it. When I had my annual checkup, my doctor was alarmed at my white (and red)blood cell count and thought I might have been recently sick, since it was below normal. Diagonosis: leukopenia and anemia. I had another blood test--still low. She thought I might need to go to a hematologist. Then I started searching on the internet and put Simply Sleep together with my condition. I stopped taking Simply Sleep and my blood cell count went back up to normal. I was really happy, and I also discovered that I did not really need the Simply Sleep.

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I don't take any medications other than Tavist Sinus about once a month, and I've been taking this for years, with problems in my white blood count now. I did see a oncologist yesterday and he ran more blood tests, so in about 1 week I should know something new, hopefully. But if anyone else knows anything, I would appreciate any info. Thanks again!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.