Let's Share Healthy Dessert Recipes

I thought it might be nice to start a thread where we could swap healthy desert recipes.

Here is a GREAT healthy cookie recipe, made with spelt flour. You only need to eat 1 of these cookies and you will be SO full, as they've got lots of fiber and use just a small amount of GOOD sugar! Plus, they taste AWESOME and double as a dairy free cookies recipe for those who need it.

Ingredients:
1 c. Turbinado Sugar
1/4 c. Margarine, Non-hydrogenated
1/3 c. Canola Oil
2/3 c. Milk (Soy, Rice or Cow)
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 c. Spelt Flour
1/2 c. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Chocolate Chips
Directions:
Cream together margarine and sugar, then add oil. Slowly stir in vanilla and milk until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir into the wet ingredients and mix. When half mixed, pour in the chocolate chips and blend until ingredients are just mixed. Drop by generous spoonful onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Makes two dozen cookies.

Here's something I made up on my own ... it's more of a low-cal desert than a totally healthy one!

--no sugar added/sugar free Fudgesicle (40 calories each)
--whip cream
--walnuts
--chocolate chips
--strawberries and/or bananas

Use the fudgsicle as a sub for choc ice cream , and use the other lo-cal ingredients to make a "sundae!" It tastes awesome and it's super lo-cal!

Here's something like an melty ice cream-textured frozen treat that I have been eating regularly this summer as a snack or dessert:

Combine in blender container (all ingredients are to taste):
*2 packages frozen Açaí pulp (www.sambazon.com brand) slightly thawed

*a handful of various frozen fruits (blueberries and dark sweet cherries work well, together or separately, but strawberries and raspberries are also good)--I just put in whatever fits in my Magic Bullet container

*a big splash of non-dairy milk (I prefer rice milk)

*a glop (technical measurement!) of real vanilla extract

*a big puddle (other technical measurement) of light agave nectar

Blend until smooth. Eat with a spoon. (And get ready to have a purple tongue!)

Wow, these all sound great. I'm going to bookmark this thread.:9

Something easy I like to make is a grilled chocolate sandwich. You just use your favorite bread (I use one from a local baker that is multi whole grain with 5 seeds), sprinkle it with chocolate chips (again, whatever your favorite kind is -- I often break up a dark chocolate bar and use that), and then grill it. Sometimes I like to spread the bread with a natural nut butter before adding the chocolate, or I'll forgo the nut butter in favor of chopped walnuts or almonds -- there are endless variations. You don't have to add a fat to the outside of the bread before grilling but it does brown a little better if you do.

>Fresh local ripe peaches, peeled and sliced. Layer in a
>martini or other festive glass and drench with a good light
>white wine (not a chardonnay- too oaky/buttery)

YUM! That sounds like my kind of dessert! I'll have to give that one a try SOON!
}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.