Let's Go -- Tuesday!

mj476

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I managed to get in the mood yesterday to work out. I did Pure Barre - just planks, pushups, legs & abs (that's pretty much the whole workout except for 8 mins of arms in the beginning). Great workout and my legs were shaking!

Today I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. A great total body workout using compound exercises. Basically a strength workout but there were a few cardio intervals. It was 60 mins. The first half is standing work. The second half is more floorwork but there is standing work as well. He did jumping jacks off the step from pushup position. Lots of balance and functional fitness work. Moves were unique and it wasn't boring at all. It was a real sweatfest for me.

I have another interview today. They basically didn't want to see me since I was from out of state but the recruiter really persuaded them to see me. They had a bad experience from another out-of-stater that they hired so that's why they weren't that crazy to see me. I get the feeling the office manager is really tough. The last girl was there 16 years so I guess the attorney isn't so bad to work with.

Deanie - Did you get to work out yesterday? When does school start again?

Gin - Hope you enjoy Rent. Can't wait to catch up with you. Maybe you can reveal the surprise from the RT.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Morning

I have no "get up and go" today, so another day of not working out. I think mentally I need to not workout this week, just sleep late and relax.

Marcy~ good luck today on the interview. I'm sure you can change their minds about out-of-towners;) Teacher in house days start on Aug. 26th for me, and school starts Sept. 4th.

Gin~ I hope you enjoyed Rent! Can't wait to chat with you. I also was hoping you would tell us the secret!:) maybe in an email?

Off to do school supply shopping!
Have a great day

Deanie - I think a week of rest might be a really good idea. You really worked hard last month.

Forgot to mention I also did 2 pullups yesterday. I'm really feeling much stronger in my core lately.

BBL.

Marcy

Hi ladies. This is someone from your past checking in. Yes, it's me Tracee (volleyball life). I hope you are all doing well. From the little bit that I've read it sounds like you are all still as dedicated to your workouts as ever.

I haven't been on the Cathe site in forever and when I got on last week, everything was changed. I couldn't log in with my old password and they haven't responded to my e-mails to give me a new one so I had to register as a new user. :(

Anyway, I have been missing the site and although I think about working out everyday I have yet to get up and get started again. We got a puppy in March and that has really complicated my life. We have created a little pen area for her in the basement when we aren't home and we are using a bunch of my weight equipment to keep it stable. Anyway, I have many other excuses for why I haven't gotten back into exercising but I know they are just excuses. ;)

I am still considering buying the STS program and maybe when it arrives I'll actually be motivated again. I'm just not sure I can justify spending the money at this time.

So it sounds like Gin went to another road trip, huh? Are any of you going to the August one?

Well, I just wanted to say hi and apologize for dropping out of the check-in group. I really enjoyed all of our conversations and getting to know you guys. Hopefully, when I get back into the swing of things I can come back and join you again. :D

Tracee

Hey Tracee!

It's so good to hear from you again! We've really missed you. What kind of puppy did you get? Luckily, when we got out dog, he was 9 months and already housebroken. I'm sure you must have your hands full.

Unfortunately, I can't go to the August RT. In case you don't know, I am now living in Georgia for about the past 3 months. I'm really loving it here. As you can see from the posts, I'm still not working yet so couldn't afford to go this time but am hoping to go next year.

How are the kids?

We'll be sure to let you know how STS is once we get it in our hot little hands. I hope we can motivate you to get back on the exercise bandwagon.

It's so good to hear from you again and I hope you'll keep posting.

Marcy

Tracee,
What a fun surprise to see a post from you!
We have missed you and sure hope that you will be able to join us again at some point.
I'll have to remember you're new screen name, Pepper. What is the story behind the name?
Enjoy your new puppy!
Yes, I went on the RT again this year. It was great fun.

Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.