Let's Go! Finally Friday

marcy

Cathlete
Hi Girls!

Yes, I will definitely still post here. Even though I really liked the classes and probably would use the membership, I think I will hold off joining until I get a job.

Body Pump:

Really good, a lot like Power Hour. Each track is a different body part. For the most part, I picked the right weight but on some I went a little too heavy and had to drop down in weight, miss a couple of reps or take a short rest. I was really sore yesterday - had to take Motrin and am still sore today, especially in the shoulders. We did a rear delt exercise in a lunge, bench presses for chest. I did go 40# on squats.

Body Step:

More athletic kind of step. I still enjoyed it but enjoy my step DVDs much better. Did very little in terms of combos. She did one where she added in a couple of pivot turns and there was a little bit of vertical step which was pretty good. Short ab workout.

I've done plenty of planks and pushups this week and I've really sweated buckets the whole week.

Today is Body Flow - tai chi, yoga and pilates. I really need a good stretch today.

Deanie - Sorry about your power problems. I did hear about storms in Maryland but I didn't know exactly where you were. Congrats on Level 11 HIIT!:)

Gin - Thanks for the website. I hope the chiro cures your headaches. I know you've been dealing with them for a long time. My grandmother had headaches for years and I know how hard it can be.

Have a great day! (I can't believe I started the thread today!)

Marcy

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran and then 4ds KB and B&G sb abs.

Marcy--Thanks for starting the thread today. What a nice surprise!
Glad you have enjoyed the classes, but then you have soooo many dvds! Too many choices.:) When you start working again, will they have classes that you like that you can go to before or after work? I have my fingers crossed that the chiro has cure my headaches. I'll keep you posted.

Deanie--Hope you were able to sleep later today!:) Is this your first day of summer?:) How was Mahjong last night?

Have a great day!
Gin
:)

Good Morning Gals

What a nice morning:) I slept late (6:30) got the kids off to school and then worked out. I did 4DS legs and sm#3. I also did 3 chins and 3 neg pull ups between round 2 and 3 and did that again at the end of the workout (next time will do it between rounds 2/3 and before calves, I just forgot today)

Gin~ fun workout today for you:) Can't wait to do it tomorrow! Today is my first day of summer and the kids still have school till Thurs:7 I am enjoying not being pressed for time and rushing! Mahjong stunk x( last night- I lost every hand!!!! very unusual for me, I usually win at least one handx( I hope the chiro has cured your headaches!

Marcy~ What a nice surprise you started the thread today:D thanks! The body pump class you took sounds good- you know I love PH!!;-) Keep us posted with your job situation! Hope that is going well!!

Happy friday :D :D
Deanie

Meals:
b: steel cut oats and orange
s: apple and pb (nice to eat real food and not have to eat a bar)
l: tofu stir fry (no rice) and 1/2 a whole wheat bagel
s: not sure???
d: 2 boca chicken patty, spinach salad, challah

Good Afternoon!

I took my last day of classes at the gym:

Step - Better than yesterday. It was "Express Step", only for 30 mins. which was fine. Did more fun stuff. I still like my step DVDs a whole lot better.

Body Flow - Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates - but mostly yoga. I think I liked this one and Body Combat (kickboxing) the best. Spinning was great too.

Gin - I would probably go for a spin class on Saturdays. On Tuesday at 7:00 is the Body Jam class (which was also one of my favorites). Monday at 7:20 is a Body Flow class. On Saturday at 8:15 is a Body Attack class (the only one I didn't take) but it's a circuit workout. Body Pump was good but you know I prefer heavy lifting.

Deanie - Sorry for your losses at Mah Jongg. I hope you have better luck next week. You're continuing to do great with your chins/pulls. I'm so sore I'm not even going to try doing any until at least tomorrow. The gym wasn't the same as DVDs but I do feel like I got effective workouts.

Meals:
Breakfast - 1 egg and egg whites with yellow and orange peppers, spinach and onions with whole wheat toast.
Lunch - Bad - 1 1/2 whopper juniors and a few fries (we were on the road)
Snack - Strawberries; yogurt
Dinner - probably chicken cutlets and vegetables.

One last thing - I have a job interview on Monday with a great law firm at 9:30. The pay's a little less than what I was hoping but it's not quite in midtown so it's a little less on gas and being such a large firm, they should have good benefits. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.