Lets Get Insanity Mon 8/3

hrcfitness

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,
Well I'm back from vacation and did a 5am workout. I am going to be doing a mix of Meso 1 and Insanity plus an extra leg day a week. Today I did Legs & Glutes with an Ab wkout at the end. This workout always amazing me! It's tougher than you think....tomorrow I'll be doing Meso 1 Disk 1 and then Insanity on Wed.
Have a great day.
Elena

Welcome back Elena!

I'll have to BBL to finish up here, but I just wanted to tell you all I'm an IDIOT. :D

I did Fit Test and Plyo Circuit today. I screwed up the push-up jacks. Instead of leaving my arms stationary, I lifted my arms and legs in and out. :eek: I did like 5 or 6 of them like that before I realized something seemed wrong... :confused: So believe it or not I found a way to make push-up jacks harder. :eek:

I'll be back to report my numbers. I was pretty pathetic during Plyo. :(

:eek:Oh my gosh Dawn! That is too funny! Please don't post that on Beachbody...you might give Shaun a new idea!!

I just finished my first attempt at Plyo Circuit! Holy shite!!!! I am a wringing wet mess. Thank gawd it's such a relatively *short* workout.
I am drinking a muscle milk shake right now for recovery. Yum!!

I was having technical difficulties with my shoes though...:confused: I put sport insoles in my running shoes, but my heels kept sliding out during the ski abs and in and outs. I've just gotten 3 new pairs of running shoes, hope I don't need to go get cross trainers because that would be such a tragedy. :p

Any rough guesstimates on a calorie burn for that routine? I know it's all about weight, height, intensity, etc, but I don't have a heart rate monitor so I'm hoping I can get a ballpark idea from those of you who do.

Thanks for all your support! I KNEW *CAthe* women would tell me to go for P90X and Insanity! I will pay attention to my body and back off if I need to.

Have an INSANE day everyone! ;)

Becky

I am just finishing up STS and I am wanting to do Insanity. How are you using Insanity and STS together? I would love to hear your ideas and your workout week.

Thanks

julie

Becky,
I still need to replace the battery in my HRW (watch portion), but my GWF is reading about 360 to 400 calorie burn on these workouts. I'm sure that's a little low for me.

Okay so here were my numbers. I put my original numbers in ()

Switch Kicks: (58 or 68?) 60 Last time I wasn't sure if I did 58 or 68 (must have been 58).
Power Jacks: (65) 69
Power Knees: (120) 123
Power Jumps: (63) 66
Globe Jumps: (8) 10 (the last 1/2 of the tenth was a bit sad)
Suicide Jumps: (16) 16
Push-up Jacks: (20) 22 (the first 5 or so were my insane version)
Low-planks: (35/70) 36/72

So overall I did better. I'm most impressed with the better height on Switch kicks and the Globe Jumps improvement.

I was sucking air during Plyo after doing the fit test. That was nuts. I can't believe Shaun wants us to do the fit test and Max Interval Circuit during M2.

I hope everyone has a great workout today.

Hi ladies. Looks like everyone had a great workout today. Elena, wow 5a.m. huh? I was a 5a.m. exerciser for a long time. My schedule is going to change soon and i'm going to have to go back the 5a.m. workouts soon. I'm scared to do insanity that early but it will get done. I just ordered xtend and another after workout BCAA but i can't remember the name of it. Anyway today i did max cardio conditioning. It was 45 mintues long. Its like pure cardio but there is are some toned down moves in it to catch your breath. One thing i noticed to day was that during the pushups my right rotator cuff kept twinging which is not good. So i had to go to my knees to reduce the intensity. Anyways, this was a great workout and didn't seem as torturous as the others in month 2 but was still tough. I'm not sure what i'm going to do tomorrow. I decide that when that moment comes.

Good afternoon!

I'm new to the asylum; just did my fit test yesterday. Today I taught a spin class, so I won't be doing Plyo Cardio Circuit until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to preview it before then. I'm complementing my Insanity rotation with one part per day of STS Meso 2. Yesterday I did chest, and today I did shoulders. My chest is quite tender from yesterday's venture.

Dawn - it's good to see those numbers going up! Excellent progress! Are the workouts feeling any easier?

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good afternoon!

Dawn - it's good to see those numbers going up! Excellent progress! Are the workouts feeling any easier?

Have a great day!
Sandra

Usually yes. But today Plyo was much tougher then the first time I did it. I blame that on doing the Fit Test right before it. I'm sure the 14 mile bike ride on my "rest" day may not have helped. Not that a 14 mile bike ride should be a big deal, but it was my first ride of the year and my butt was sore. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.