Let's Do This Again STSept-Dec! *Sept 27-Oct 4*

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey Everyone

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! We took the kids to see Couldy with a chance of Meatballs last night. The movie was great but it cost 50 to get in and then 14 for popcorn and then we had to sit through 20 minutes of commercials after the movie was supposed to start... that doesn't include the 10 minutes of commercials we had to sit through before the start time.

Anyways! I did Butts and Guts today with the bonus section too. I may be sore tomorrow but it felt really good! I think that I will do a stretch DVD tonight. My shoulder is a little sore from the Back and Triceps the day before but nothing like last week.

Tomorrow the plan is Chest and Biceps, Disc 10. I can't believe that I only have this week left for Meso 1! I have been thinking that I might put one extra week in of Meso 1 before the break... That way I would be done the week right before Christmas and my rest week could be over the holidays. Then I would have no guilt for not working out hard core over the Christmas.

How much cardio is everyone doing? Last time around by the end I was doing cardio 5 days a week and STS 3 days a week but I ended up with overuse injuries (however, I was loosing weight) This time I have been trying to not go too crazy but I am not loosing. Right now it's been STS 3 days a week, 2 cardio's and then Butts and Guts or Legs and Glutes. Maybe I just need to be patient.

talk to you soon
Heather

Janis - how is your ankle/ foot?
Jenn - have you started yet?

Hi Heather!

I haven't yet done a workout today. I am going to do Kelly's standing leg portion of her new workout to work my legs and maybe do a Leslie walk followed by a yoga stretch. Aah!

I do cardio every day. (sometimes twice) Each session is no longer than 30-40 minutes however so it's not long by any means and I feel great. I didn't lose any weight this week (maintained--phew! I fretted because this past week was tough on me....) but I'm hoping for good numbers over the next 3 weeks!! (at least that's the plan ;))

My mom gets her results tomorrow to see if her bloodwork reveals cancer or not. My dad is dealing with stage IV prostate cancer and he is in the middle of 7 weeks of radiation and has been told that if this doesn't work they don't have any other options for him, so we are praying for good news. I pray mom gets good news!

Thanks for starting the thread Heather! Here is to a GREAT WEEK!

Denise

Hi Everyone!

Heather, was the movie good? I read that book to my boys when they were younger, so much so it fell apart and I had to buy another. Every once in awhile one of them will quote a line from it, a perfectly placed line either having to do with some meal I am preparing/eating or a comment about the weather. You just never know what kids will regurgitate (oops sorry for the verb :p) when they are older.! {Laughing}

I haven't decided what I am going to do with Meso1, did you make a decision about it Heather? It seem like I have already had my rest/recovery week, (this last week Tuesday through tomorrow, Monday) since I did disc 10 & 11 on the Monday, and haven't been doing STS legs at all and did little else last week but rest. It is very tempting to start Meso2 on Tuesday.

Denise - so sorry your life is so tense and worrisome. How is Brian? Please let us know how your mom's test results come out. How many more weeks of radiation for your dear dad?

I am amazed you can do so many work outs in one day. I learned the hard way. Like Heather said, I, too, was doing cardio 5-6 days a week the last time through STS, and, like Heather, I ended up with an over use injury.

MJ started a new thread last night:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268353

Hi MJ, how was tennis?

My ankle is healing, or at least I think it is healing. It is a lot less painful and I can walk and bear weight on it. I just need to watch myself that I don't do too much too soon. {thank you, morningstar!}

Hi to everyone else! STS Meso 1 seemed to go by really fast!
:D

Hello All

Today was my standard DOR. 2morrow I will start my recovery week from Meso 1. I am going to do cardio everyday this week and see if I lose at least 2 lbs this week. Defintely going to clean of my eating.

Didn't make it here yesterday. I did Drill Max Cardio Timesaver and C&W abs yesterday. This morning was the dreaded Disk 7 with all those push ups. I just don't see myself ever becoming a fan of them. But, on the plus side, I won't have to do that workout again until January. ;)

I'm doing cardio 3 days a week right now. I'll probably add in a couple more short cardios during my rest week. I've found that cardios don't help me in the weight loss/maintenance realm and my knees just aren't crazy about doing a lot of it.

Denise keeping your family in my thoughts.

Mom got great news! So far everything looks good!! :) They want to keep an eye on her levels and if they continue to stay low do a bone marrow check in December so we are praying they come back up on their own.

Brian and I did disc 7--geesh there are tons of pushups in this one! I am gonna grab a slice of pizza and head off for a hair appointment.

Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts everyone---we appreciate it!

Denise

Hey Everyone

Today I did Disc 10 and I think I actually grunted out loud while I was doing the last set of bicep curls.... how many are in there? My shoulder felt really good so I did the whole thing! Yeah!
Tomorrow I am going to do KPC, I haven't done it in a while so I am kinda excited. I am definitely going to repeat this last week and then take my week off.

Denise - I am so glad that your Mom had good news!

Janis - Sounds like you have your mind made up to go to Meso 2. I think it will be a good plan. Glad to hear all the floor work is working out!

MJ - Sorry that I missed your thread!
Heather

First workout for active recovery was Powerfit Legs & Shoulders and Cardio Timesaver Premix from BM2. The powerfit workouts are very lite and uses a lite resistance band. Very beginner workouts, but just what I need after 8 weeks of Mesocycle 1.

Oh boy are my pecs talking to me today after all those darn push ups yesterday! Even the very farthest muscles connected to my pec muscles are sore. I think using the tower and being able to go so much lower into the push ups really worked them hard.

This morning I did Low Max combos only and used an 8" step instead of my usual 6". Then I did B&G Stability Ball Abs.

I need to start working on my cardios & abs for my rest week and for Meso 2.

Denise that's such great news about your Mom! So how are your pec muscles feeling today?

Janis I agree that Meso 1 seems to be moving along fast - even though I'm only in the third week. But, then last time I did the 6 month version. I do think I benefited from doing it, but I also can't see myself ever doing anything but 3 months again. The 6 months just seemed never ending after awhile.

Hey Everyone

I can't believe I just wrote Sept. 29th!!! Time just seems to fly by! Anyways this morning I got up early and did KPC. It went really well but I felt like I could have pushed myself harder... but then again maybe I did better than I thought.

Tomorrow is Disc 12- Legs. I am feeling no ill affects from Butts and Guts this weekend, we'll see how my feeling on Thursday!

Talk to you tomorrow!
Heather

Today was Disk 8 Back and Triceps. I'm doing the legs bent version of the pull ups/chin ups, and did 12 reps for the first two sets and managed 14 for the last set. My torso is still sore from the other day and now I'm pretty sure by tomorrow I'll be hearing from more muscles.

I've been really curious about the undulating rotation for STS. So yesterday I plugged in a rotation starting January 3 that includes ab work and I'm hoping Cathe will be putting up a rotation for Shock Cardio, that I can add to it. Cathe posted about the undulating rotation yesterday and said it's something only an experienced exerciser should try, and I love a challenge. :D

Hey Everyone

This morning was Disc 12 Legs. It was really good and I totally amazed myself at how well I can do the plate moves compared to last time. I remember barely being able to use any weight. Even the sit and stands didn't seem so bad. They seem like really good physio for my knees. I think that I need to add them in more often.
About half way through the one legged dead lifts I realized that I was doing wrong... I was leaning too far back instead of over my leg. I will know better for next week.

Peaceful Rainbow... The Undulating rotation does seem challenging but I am sure that you are up for it!

Janis - How is your rest week going?

MJ - Are you on a rest week too?

Jenn - how are things?

Talk to you soon
Heather

Popped in disc 9, legs for tonight. I'm using lighter weights for my legs. (it just feels better) I'm pms'ing and really craving some "junk"--HELP! ;)

Denise

Hey Everyone-

Sorry I have been MIA this week. Work has been crazy and a project I expected to start by January has been pushed up to October, so I have had extra long days trying to get it going. At least I have been able to keep up with my workouts, even if my checking in has been off.

I am on track to finish meso 1 this week and start my rest week on Monday. I will tackle disc 10 and KPC premix tomorrow, imax 3 premix on Friday and disc 11 on Saturday. The last couple of days has been walking on the treadmill a few times, rhythmic step and tennis tonight. Tennis has been good, helps deal with the work stress to whack the ball around. ;)

Caught up on all your posts, looks like everyone is doing well this week. :) I am definitely ready for meso 2 to come along.

Will be back hopefully tomorrow. Have a good night. :cool:

This morning was SJP cardio and abs. Can't believe tomorrow is the last of week 3 already. This is flying by compared to when I did the 6 month rotation. I knew it would seem faster, but not this much.

Hey Everyone

Today I did Body Max 2 Cardio Blast and Core. I have to say that even though I did it with one riser only my achilles is not impressed with me today. I will have to do alot of stretching. I am not sure why this workout got me when others have not. I had fun though... although I really should have done it with two risers for the full affect!.
Tomorrow is Back disc 11. Should be good.

Denise - I know what you mean about needing help with food! Our Thanksgiving is next weekend and this weekend we have a big family birthday party to go to. I am a little concerned!

MJ - Glad to hear that you are still in the game! Don't you hate when they move deadlines!

Peaceful Rainbow - I have yet to try Rhythmic Step but it is on my rest week list! It is a steady state type of DVD right? I almost did MIC this morning but thought that I had better do a lower impact DVD as I did KPC this week too. I am not sure that Body Max 2 is less impact but we shall see.

Can't believe it's Oct.1!!! Crazy!
Talk to you soon
Heather

This morning was Disk 9 Legs and those bonus paper plate moves are tough. I'd be shocked if my glutes aren't screaming at me tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go soak in a hot tub for a bit, in hopes that if will make my DOMS a bit less painful!

Yes, Heather, I'd definitely put Rhythmic Step in the steady state category.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.