Let's Chat Thursday 1/15 at noon (eastern)

Hi JT! The new workouts are coming along beautifully. I am very pleased with the flow of them as well as the intensity and cardio output. They are very athletic styled workouts with no dancy feel to them. Too The Max uses the step in the same manner as Athletic Training but you will see more variations and challenges since low, moderate and high impact are incorporated in it. Of course we will have an all low impact premix for those who prefer that as well. If you loved Afterburn, you will love Cross Fire with its addition of impact and other intensity challenges. There is no step used in Cross Fire and again an all low impact premix will be included. That's all I can share right now :D

I just edited my post to correct my titles. I said Athletic Step by accident. It now says Too The Max!

Hi Cathe and Cathletes, I will not be in at 12noon since I have a meeting in Ann Arbor. My question is, how are the new workouts coming along? I am SUPER EXCITED about them. Thanks for your time and Have a Great Day!!!

Last edited:
I promise you that you will lose that slightly intimidated feeling RIGHT AWAY. Everyone including myself will greet you with open arms and you will go home with a newly acquired friend list that will bring you lasting friendships for years to come.

Don't be shy Bridget, come get a big hug from me when you arrive. I just can't promise it won't be a sweaty one ;)

Not sure if I will make the chat- I will be seeing you on my first RT to NJ this July- I am excited and a tad bit intimidated...all right, maybe more than a tad bit.

Look forward to seeing you!

Bridget

Hi Cathe,

In the Ask Cathe forum you posted a body building rotation and one of the things you mentioned was to do STS in its entirety. When doing STS in its entirety does that also include cardio on the non strength training days?

I promise you that you will lose that slightly intimidated feeling RIGHT AWAY. Everyone including myself will greet you with open arms and you will go home with a newly acquired friend list that will bring you lasting friendships for years to come.

Don't be shy Bridget, come get a big hug from me when you arrive. I just can't promise it won't be a sweaty one ;)

I'm not intimidated to meet you, I'm afraid you're going to hurt me! LOL! I will bring a big bottle of Aleve with me.

Seriously though, I cannot wait. I love finding my new fit self and looking for new ways to challenge myself!

Bridget

Barbell workout

Hello Cathe,

I'm at an intermediate level of fitness but want to do a workout with barbells. What workouts of yours qualify?

Thx,
Denny R.

A HUGE "your welcome" for choosing me to be your trainer. I love being your training coach and fitness partner :D

As far as diet is concerned...I'm still tweaking with some things so its too soon to comment. But yes, I gave up my peanut butter (more for inflammation purposes), and that was the biggest change of my life. I do notice an energy change, but for me, that change is more greatly influenced by how much sleep I get.

#1 A HUGE thank you for EVERYTHING you do!

#2 I was wondering how tweaking your diet has worked for you. What are you currently eating now? Did you give up your beloved peanut butter, and has it made any difference in your energy levels?

Thanks!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sweaty Hugs!!!! I'm getting one on the RT TOO BRIDGET!!!!

xoxo, Denise :D

Hi Unstrung Harp! Yes, many times I throw the leafy green works in my omelettes too. On occasion I throw a small sprinkle of feta cheese in there as well. Thanks for joining me this morning!

How funny! I just sat down with my egg white and broccoli omelette (although mine also has spinach and cheese...). Yum yum!

Also, I can't wait for the new workouts. I don't have any questions, though - I know I'll love them. :)

My 5 yr old daughter Lindsey & I wanted to say hi! We're going skiing today for my birthday (41)!

Looking forward to the new dvds! I just got Cardio Hits with my preorder. It's so much fun & love the music!

Have a great day!

Karen

Hi Cathe,

How are you doing? I am on the fence about the new workouts:( I have carpal tunnel symptoms. I am having a hard time with with all those Burpies and Mountain Climbers in AB. How many are in the new workouts:eek: Do you think I can handle the new workout with CTS? Of course, the doc told me 2 weeks ago to rest:confused: tomorrow I am finishing up the 8 1/2 month STS rotation, I wasn't gonna stop now:p :eek:

Its hard for me to answer this specifically without working with you personally one on one but I will just throw some things out there for you to check on: You may already be doing everything correctly, but I will just throw out some things to look at.

1) Are you getting enough calories to support your energy output? Too low of a calorie intake will slow your metabolism down

2) Are you doing the same amount of days, length of time, and similar intensity on your cardio workouts? When you weight train are you increasing your weight when you should be? You should not be doing the same type of cardio, for the same amount of days for the same length of time, day in and day out. You should never be on auto pilot during any workout. Every workout is a new day and a new effort.

3) Are you eating the same types of foods all the time? Just like cross training your workouts, your diet needs this variety too. Cross train with a variety of high quality, healthy foods and be sure too have proper portions as well as proportions of nutrients. I ALWAYS advise seeing a dietician for proper food intake, nutrient balance and caloric intake when anyone is losing upwards of 15 pounds.

4) Have you had a complete physical since losing so much weight? Things change within our system all the time especially when we make a considerable physical change. Have your thyroid checked too. May people have a sluggish thyroid and never even know it. An under performing thyroid (or over performing for that matter) will effect you metabolism 100%

I hope this helps a bit. Good Luck with everything!

Hi Cathe,

Thanks for having this chat with us. I love you and everything you do.

I've lost a large amount of weight in 2009/2010 but have plateau'ed at my current size 10 since. I lost the weight on Weight Watchers and your workouts and no matter how well I eat, how low carb I go, how no sugar passes my lips (sob!) the weight will not budge.

I work out with you 6 days a week (currently doing STS) and I eat VERY WELL and still doing Weight Watchers. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to be chatting with you too :D

As for Paleo diet, I would suggest to google it for a way more in depth answer than I could ever give you. It's not that I don't want to tell you about it, its just that there is so much information out there on it and I don't want you to miss out on it.

Hi Cathe,

I wanted to know what the paleo diet is... not sure that i have the spelling correct, but i saw you mentioned in one of your posts, thanks:D I am super excited to be able to chat with you! wanted to say how beautiful everyone looks in the workouts....

Yes, I think of these types of things often. It certainly is something that is not out of the question....the only delay is the time it takes to do so many projects. Thanks for your suggestions and hopefully sooner than later one of them is "served up". :D

I just thought of another question! Do you have any plans in the future to do sequels to some of your most popular dvds? Some on my wish list would be Hiit 2, KPC 2 (maybe a shorter version), and CCC 2 (maybe without some of the super high impact like tuck jumps and air jacks). Also any consideration for some sort of STS follow up? Thanks!:D

Hi again....no need to apologize. That's what chats are for :)

I workout about 5 to 6 days a week but things always come up that make it hard to keep to an exact schedule. I don't usually workout to my own DVD's unless I am doing something like STS or just feel like popping in a cardio workout to change things up. I am always teaching classes at the gym so there really isn't a chance or need to do my own workouts. That being said, when I sometimes to it is such a surreal experience. I actually start to think something as I am doing it and in that very second I verbally cue it on DVD having no idea I was going to say that. :D

Btw, yes, Jai is 100% Indian :)

Hi Cathe,

sorry its me again, curious to know how often you workout and if you use your own dvd's. i am getting ready to be brave and order the STS so i can take advantage of the Pre sale discount and the new dvd's, i am looking every day at the specials to see if Kick Punch & crunch is on, i think that is an awesome dvd, i first saw you on fittv and loved that workout...., i have been doing the STS total body & LIS rotation and am proud to say that I have lost 1 inch in my abs. I am trying to eat (Clean) not sure if i count calories the right way, as my traditional food is indian and i have no clue how to count that. By the way is Jai from indian decent, maybe she might have a tip or 2 for me. Anyways thanks again to you and your crew for all the awesome workouts and the encourgement. They help a lot!:D

Hello Cathe!
Do you any plans to come down to Texas anytime soon? We went to The RT in Houston and we need to see ya again! Can't wait for the 2 new cardio workouts. When will they be shipping?
Thanks for all you do!

Yes it does. We have the Shock Cardio series which consists of cardio workouts to supplement the STS strength workouts. If you don't want to do these workouts, then substitute your own cardio on the non strength days. As long as you are eating clean you only need to get in 3 cardio workouts per week since the leg workouts in STS also have a cardio benefit. Have fun!

Hi Cathe,

In the Ask Cathe forum you posted a body building rotation and one of the things you mentioned was to do STS in its entirety. When doing STS in its entirety does that also include cardio on the non strength training days?

Hi Denny R! All of my workouts use a mixture of handweights and barbells. I believe pyramid lower body will come the closest to an all barbell workout. In any case, any of my strength workouts are fine for all fitness levels. You simply put on the amount of weight that challenges you verses selecting the weight that I am using. Eventually you will get stronger and stronger and find that you can lift a heavier weight while doing that exercise or workout.

I have total body strength/endurance workouts that might be easiest to get a feel for my style...

Muscle Max
Muscle Endurance
Maximum Intensity Strength
Power Hour
STS Total Body
STS Trisets

Good Luck!

Hello Cathe,

I'm at an intermediate level of fitness but want to do a workout with barbells. What workouts of yours qualify?

Thx,
Denny R.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.