Legs, Legs and Legs - Cathe...any ideas?

runrn7

Cathe,
HI!
I have been trying to tighten up my legs/hips/buttocks, but at the same time trying not to increase the size of them. I am short, 5/2, and I tend to gain weight in hips/thighs/buttocks first and lose it there last. I have been an avid runner for years, and am now mixing things up with step class/tapes, spinning, running once/week, and another day of cardio in there as well. Is this too much cardio?
I have tried lifting heavy weights, not lifting any weights for the lower body, etc...
Do you have any thoughts/advice on how to get them to tighten up?
Weights once/week versus one of your leg tapes once/week?
Thanks!
Pamela

Not Cathe, of course, but have you tried Butts and Guts? It has done wonders for me. I have the same problem with my thighs and butt getting first dibs on weight gain...

First, realize that you can only work miracles within the framework of your own genetic possibility.

More running, less step. Running leans legs out better than any other cardio exercise. Also power walking and hiking will accomplish this for you. Cyclers tend to have muscly thighs rather than lean thighs, so I would spin just once per week for cardio variety.

Weights are excellent to make it all muscle and not fat tissue, but go for high rep, lighter weights and not strength orientated workouts. So, try Leaner Legs as the perfet workout for you.

Clare

Pamela,

Have you checked out the lower body rotations in the Rotations section of the forums? I am doing round three of Aug. 04 and LOVE what it is doing for my legs and glutes.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hi,

I'm doing the June '06 rotation and I think if you went lighter you might get really good results. It is very similar to a freestlye approach, which really leaned and defined my legs. I'm going heavier and getting great results.

Tracy

I'm in the same predicament as you. I'm going to give Cathe's September rotation a go. I think all those circuit workouts may be what I need.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.