Lego Cake

mom2kttj

Cathlete
We had my sons 1st party yesterday, he was turning 7. He chose a Lego theme for the party. I had been doing really good exercising and staying on track with good food choices. I got up early just to set my day off to the right start so I would have time to exercise. Got in Gym Style Legs, house cleaned, decorated, snacks out, cake made, frosting made. Then it was time to frost the cake. I had decided to try and make a lego minifigure head cake, it was 4 layers. I started to stack the layers with the frosting in the middle, when the cake started to slide. The frosting was melting because apparently it was to warm. The cake kept sliding. The kids were going to be there any minute with parents that I dont know. The cake is sliding about ready to fall over. The cake looks like it has love handles because the frosting is oozing out from between the layers. I was so stressed out from the situation I must have eaten the rest of the bowl of frosting myself. I never thought I was a stress eater however, now I know that with meeting new people and trying to make a cake, I am. Live and learn .

Oh no! That does sound stressful. I hope that it was really good icing at least. If you're going to consume that much sugar at least make it worth it!;)

How did the rest of the party go?

So sorry about your sliding cake! I hope the party went well, and that you were able to laugh about the cake later with your guests.:D I'm a total stress-eater as well, so I can feel your pain. If that happened to me, I would've dived into the nearest bag of chips I could find (I don't like icing...):(

It was really good. Otherwise I normally am not a frosting gal either. Homemade "Miracle Frosting" kind of like a custard frosting. With 6 sticks of butter and 3 cups of sugar dyed yellow so as to be a lego minifigure head color. Apparently the "Miracle" here was the melting part. It was a great party. And yes, by the end of it, I was able to laugh about it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.