Last minute first time road tripper!!

katrina_lynn

Active Member
Hi everyone! I just found out that I get to come on the upcoming road trip! I think I was #265 on the waiting list, so I was pretty surprised when they contacted me. This will be my first road trip and I am excited and scared! Any tips you "seasoned" road trippers might have would be appreciated. :) I've been a Cathe fan for 4-5 years, but have never posted on the forums. I'm super excited to meet everyone. Is there anyone else close to my age that's going? (I'll be 30 soon). Only 24 days! Can't wait!
 

Georjann

Cathlete
katrina_lynn said:
Hi everyone! I just found out that I get to come on the upcoming road trip! I think I was #265 on the waiting list, so I was pretty surprised when they contacted me. This will be my first road trip and I am excited and scared! Any tips you "seasoned" road trippers might have would be appreciated. :) I've been a Cathe fan for 4-5 years, but have never posted on the forums. I'm super excited to meet everyone. Is there anyone else close to my age that's going? (I'll be 30 soon). Only 24 days! Can't wait!

Hey Katrina! This is my first RT too! Congrats for getting in :) I went back and looked at pictures of other RT and asked questions as they came up on here. I'm very cold natured so it was suggested I bring pants or something for after workouts. Also quarters for the lockers. Bring any snacks you may want after workouts. I'm packing almonds, my bfast I like....but will grab some fruit from the hotel. There's some tips too on the packing list for what to bring. Read back on some threads here too. You might come across some ideas you didn't think of. I'm 34 and really excited too :)

See you soon :) :) :)

Georjann
 

katrina_lynn

Active Member
Hi Georjann! Thanks for your response and the tips! I'm cold natured too, so I'll definitely be bringing a jacket along for after workouts. I hadn't thought about quarters for the lockers, so thanks for passing that one along. I'm having fun going back through all the threads and finding out as much as I can. See you in a few weeks!
 

Mare145

Cathlete
Georjann said:
Hey Katrina! This is my first RT too! Congrats for getting in :) I went back and looked at pictures of other RT and asked questions as they came up on here. I'm very cold natured so it was suggested I bring pants or something for after workouts. Also quarters for the lockers. Bring any snacks you may want after workouts. I'm packing almonds, my bfast I like....but will grab some fruit from the hotel. There's some tips too on the packing list for what to bring. Read back on some threads here too. You might come across some ideas you didn't think of. I'm 34 and really excited too :)

See you soon :) :) :)

Georjann

Oh noooooo! I'm way older than both of you and this is my first road trip. No making fun of people out of their 30's!! LOL.
 

Georjann

Cathlete
Mare145 said:
Oh noooooo! I'm way older than both of you and this is my first road trip. No making fun of people out of their 30's!! LOL.

LOL! My mom will be with me and first RT for her too :)
 

Ly10up

Cathlete
No fear, there are LOTS of us who are no longer 30. Cathe included.

Yes, read through the past posts on all the past roadtrip threads. There is a ton of info.

if you have any specific questions, go ahead and post them. There are a bunch of us who will try to answer them for you.

See you all in a few weeks.
 

katrina_lynn

Active Member
Oh noooooo! I'm way older than both of you and this is my first road trip. No making fun of people out of their 30's!! LOL.


Haha! We promise not to make fun of anyone. In fact, I'm guessing you all will provide great inspiration to us! I think it's great that such a wide variety of age groups, fitness levels, etc will be there. Can't wait!
 

Mare145

Cathlete
Snacks

Does anyone know if Cathe's gym has a snack/protein shake area? Was wondering about hunger pangs between classes;)
 

Georjann

Cathlete
Mare145 said:
Does anyone know if Cathe's gym has a snack/protein shake area? Was wondering about hunger pangs between classes;)

I was told there wasn't and to bring any snacks I might need. Also grab grab some fruit from the hotel on they way out too. I'm one of those that eats every 2 hrs. I'll pack some almonds and those energy packs of mixed nuts in my suitcase and grab a banana from the hotel. If your flying I also found out that peanut butter is considered a paste so it will need to be pack with toiletries in your suitcase not in a carry on, they will throw it out. In that case I will probably have a sandwich already fixed. Your allowed 3oz of each food item in a checked bag with no problem.

Hope that helps. My snacking was a big packing question and it took a while to get the answer I was looking for. It was getting complicated trying to bring food in a carry on and not having it thrown out. Even tho I will have a small suitcase I'm checking it so there won't be a food problems.
 

Mare145

Cathlete
Georjann said:
I was told there wasn't and to bring any snacks I might need. Also grab grab some fruit from the hotel on they way out too. I'm one of those that eats every 2 hrs. I'll pack some almonds and those energy packs of mixed nuts in my suitcase and grab a banana from the hotel. If your flying I also found out that peanut butter is considered a paste so it will need to be pack with toiletries in your suitcase not in a carry on, they will throw it out. In that case I will probably have a sandwich already fixed. Your allowed 3oz of each food item in a checked bag with no problem.

Hope that helps. My snacking was a big packing question and it took a while to get the answer I was looking for. It was getting complicated trying to bring food in a carry on and not having it thrown out. Even tho I will have a small suitcase I'm checking it so there won't be a food problems.

Thanks so much for the food tip. I too eat frequently, usually every 3 hours. I had no idea about the peanut butter! Great tip, thanks for sharing:)
 

Mare145

Cathlete
neicebug said:
You are going to have a BLAST!!!!!

Just get prepared for FUN FUN FUN!!!!

Denise :D

Denise,
With all of this FUN will I still be able to walk at the end of it?! LOL
 

jodijodi

Cathlete
My favorite packing tip: there is a Kmart next door to the hotels, within easy walking distance. So if there's anything you need that you forgot, or couldn't pack, don't worry. If you have access to a car, there is a Target around the corner, and the mall is nearby too.
 

Ly10up

Cathlete
Grab ice at the hotel in your bottle, it's tough to come by at the gym.

Bring a towel on Saturday. At some point you may want to grab a shower during the day. I still laugh at the shower I had to dry off with a itty bitty hand towel from the front desk .

What Jodi said. There are lots of places to get anything you might need or may have forgotten.

Bring a sharpie for signing, bring a camera, get ready to laugh.

See you all in a few weeks!!
 

NancyAZ

Cathlete
...

Bring a sharpie for signing, bring a camera, get ready to laugh.

See you all in a few weeks!!

Don't bring the whole DVD case for signing. Save space and the chance of it getting broken by just putting the paper cover in a Ziploc bag with a Sharpee. You'll be all set!

There will be cameras/phones galore laying around. Use a label maker to add your name to the back of yours so there is no mix-up, or in case you forget and walk away from yours sitting on a table somewhere.
 

jodijodi

Cathlete
Also use your sharpie to mark all of the stuff you'll get at registration (t-shirt, bag, etc.) because we'll all have the same stuff. During my first RT I left something behind at lunch and I was SOOO glad I'd labeled it!
 

UNLVCrjChick

Cathlete
katrina_lynn said:
Hi everyone! I just found out that I get to come on the upcoming road trip! I think I was #265 on the waiting list, so I was pretty surprised when they contacted me. This will be my first road trip and I am excited and scared! Any tips you "seasoned" road trippers might have would be appreciated. :) I've been a Cathe fan for 4-5 years, but have never posted on the forums. I'm super excited to meet everyone. Is there anyone else close to my age that's going? (I'll be 30 soon). Only 24 days! Can't wait!

I'm 31. :)
 

AYLE09

Cathlete
Thanks so much for the food tip. I too eat frequently, usually every 3 hours. I had no idea about the peanut butter! Great tip, thanks for sharing:)

Just a footnote to add- I know that every airport is different, but I bring nut butters in small containers in my carryon every time I fly. They've never taken it from me. A couple times I even made it through with Greek Yogurt (but that was just good fortune- don't try it! lol)

Powdered PB works too- Just ask Melissa (Ly10up)! PB2 right girlfriend?
 

DebbieH

Cathlete
Just piping in to say Hi to all you newbies! Can't wait to meet you! Age, size, fitness level...none of it makes a diff! Come prepared to have fun and the time of your life!!!!

Mare, can't quite promise you'll be able to walk afterwards but sooo worth it! :eek::eek::eek:

FUN, FUN & MORE FUN!
 

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Top