Large thigh muscles

Hi Cathe!!
I was hoping you could help me. I am 5'3". I am about 118 and most of my weight resides in my thighs, hips, and butt. My thighs and calves are naturally muscular. However, it is so much so that it makes them look bulky rather than slim and lean.I know that this is partly due to the fact that I need to reduce the fat, but I am sure that even after doing this my muscle size will still make them look bulky. Is there anything I can do to reduce the muscle size while maintaining the tone? Also, do you have any suggestions for good cardio. I would love to try more of your step arobics, unfortunately my apartment size does not allow for that. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Lisa

I too have large thigh muscles from Gymnastics I don't know what to do either??? I heard running is good and will slim you out but I hate running!!! Hope Cathe can answer this question. Plus I can't find Jeans that fit my thighs without buying size 8 and then the waist is too big!!!
Have a wonderful day

Lisa,
I just wanted to chime in regarding the space issue, I too have space issues but I am able to do Cathe's workouts. Her older ones seem to use a little more space so I just modify some of the moves but otherwise I'm fine. What step workouts of hers do you have? Also, Kick, Punch, & Crunch is fantastic cardio and it doesn't use much space at all.
HTH,
Ashley

I have ran for over 2 yrs now and my thighs havent thinned down. I think mine are here to stay because its in my family jeans. this is the area that all the women in my family carry extra wt. I have done half marathon training and all,no change in my thighs except more toned. but not smaller, but thats okay, toning is more important to me. alot of people here have talked about freestyle training in order to slim their thighs. I have not tried yet but some one will chime in that has!

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I will definitely try some of the Cathe's other cardios...esp kick, punch, and crunch...and just try to modify them so I can do it in my little livingroom. Thanks again!!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.