Lack of definition does not equal Lack of Strength

Tahitia

Cathlete
I have on many occasions sabotaged my own progress simply because I did not see a particular result when I looked in the mirror. For example, I was clearly looking inches evident by dropping 2 sizes in my clothes. However, although I clearly know that muscle weighs more than fat, the fact that the scale was not going down I couldn't escape the confusion and disappointment. I allowed myself to become discourage and eventually less committed to my exercise routine. As a result, coupled with some life changes, I put the weight I had lost back on and then some, going from an 10 to a 14. [emoji30]

Well I'm back on track, losing so far 11.5 lbs. I have my exercise routine back, although more challenging of course because I lost what I had gained. But I say all of this because my 25 yr old daughter and I were exercising for the first time together, she couldn't keep up with me. She's a size 6, but doesn't exercise at all. While I was doing squats and deadlifts with 40 lbs, for example, she complained using 12 lbs. [emoji3] I told her she will not have youth on her side forever! [emoji133] The other day I was playing with my granddaughter, who will be 2 in August, by picking her up by her ankles and my son-in-law commented how [emoji123] I am. That's when I realized I am making progress! I realized if I stop seeing only what I don't have, I will not loose sight of what I am gaining, strength and endurance. [emoji106] I know I'm losing inches again because of how my clothes are fitting, but I'm not yet comfortably in a 12. I will get there this time, getting to my ultimate goal of an 8/10. I will not sabotage my efforts ever again! [emoji160]

I encourage anyone who has done the same, to not let the lack of definition or weight lost blind you from the progress you are making. If the scale stopped going down, but your clothes size is accept it and be proud of yourself! Building muscle is what will keep you looking and feeling younger the longest.

Keep it going, you keep in strong!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I sometimes think I would like to be " cut up" like a 20 year old, but at my age I realize it's about maintaining ( or increasing) strength. I'm almost 68 and at my age, strong people live longer and I'm " all bout dat" lol! Great attitude adjustment by you! Keep on keeping on.

I know I'm losing inches again because of how my clothes are fitting, but I'm not yet comfortably in a 12. I will get there this time, getting to my ultimate goal of an 8/10. I will not sabotage my efforts ever again!
emoji160.png

That is great mindset Tahitia, Keep at it. Fist bump:);)

Well I'm back on track, losing so far 11.5 lbs. I have my exercise routine back, although more challenging of course because I lost what I had gained. But I say all of this because my 25 yr old daughter and I were exercising for the first time together, she couldn't keep up with me. She's a size 6, but doesn't exercise at all. While I was doing squats and deadlifts with 40 lbs, for example, she complained using 12 lbs.
emoji3.png
I told her she will not have youth on her side forever!

Exercising together, is one of the best favour a mother would do to her daughter. She will tell you later how proud she is of you!
Clothes fitting better, losing inches , is better than just relying on the number shown on the scale. Keep it up and take care. congratulations:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.