Krinkles in Knees

Cowgirl

I am noticing that I have those "Krinkles" in my knees. I suspect leg extensions will help, but anybody else have this problem and has found "the Kure for Krinkles"?

Tks,
Mary

Barre work is the cure for this! Lift heels as far off the ground as possible with good form & do rhythmic pulses until you feel a burn on the tops of your thighs, especially the muscle above your knees. Your legs should feel shaken after your done. This has worked well for me in combination with weights. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carie,

That's Exactly what I have been thinking about---doing some Barre right after ( traditional) legs.. Also I do have Turbo Barre and have actually never gotten totally through with it..
So maybe Now's the time.

Tks for your input and confirming my thoughts!

Mary

Yes Barre!!! I was going to reply exactly what Carie mentions. I added in Barre a couple of years ago and it really has made a difference in my legs. Above the knee was always my problem area. Not anymore!

Oooh! I've been here scratching my head about what these krinkles could be. ;) I thought you were referring to dehydration lines on our knees!!! lol. Now I think I get it.
I feel that Cathe's gliding conditioning is excellent to firm the front of my legs. I enjoy most Barre, so it's nice to know it's useful in this purpose as well!

Carie and labnick, I am just curious-- how much ( generally) of your workout time ( per week) did you include Barre? Was it always on Legs day or did you apportion a separate time for it?
Elsie- I only Wish it were from "dehydration"-- then I could just pore a glass of water on my knees........

To me, what they are-- are wrinkles that appear just above the knee cap.. They Do have a true name, but I have seen them called "something" like this. I think/hope that ( as do a couple of others) that they can be if Not eliminated- made less, but building muscle where the "krinkles" are.

HTH
Mary

Cowgirl,

My workouts the past couple of years have been really more Barre than heavy weight legs. I slowly started this transition a couple of years ago and it happened by accident. I wanted to incorporate Barre into my routine and looked at different instructors but nothing clicked until I started with Suzanne Bowen. After doing her workouts for a bit I noticed my upper knees, thighs were looking slimmer, so I stuck with her workouts and I love the results. Her workouts are short so I need to combine a few if it is a barre only day. I also use 1.5# ankle weights when doing barre to create more intensity for me. I am additcted to the deep burn I get! In addtion to barre I love my jumpsport and pretty much use it every day. I do Power Jump workouts from youtube plus Cathe Live workouts one or two times a week. I usually follow SB's rotations than add on an additonal workout depending on a leg or upper day. Hope this helps!

To me, what they are-- are wrinkles that appear just above the knee cap.. They Do have a true name, but I have seen them called "something" like this. I think/hope that ( as do a couple of others) that they can be if Not eliminated- made less, but building muscle where the "krinkles" are.

HTH
Mary

Okay, I understand the VMO area, or the teardrop of the knee. Working the three vastus muscles especially the medialis and intermedius would do the trick.

Cowgirl,

My workouts the past couple of years have been really more Barre than heavy weight legs. I slowly started this transition a couple of years ago and it happened by accident. I wanted to incorporate Barre into my routine and looked at different instructors but nothing clicked until I started with Suzanne Bowen. After doing her workouts for a bit I noticed my upper knees, thighs were looking slimmer, so I stuck with her workouts and I love the results. Her workouts are short so I need to combine a few if it is a barre only day. I also use 1.5# ankle weights when doing barre to create more intensity for me. I am additcted to the deep burn I get! In addtion to barre I love my jumpsport and pretty much use it every day. I do Power Jump workouts from youtube plus Cathe Live workouts one or two times a week. I usually follow SB's rotations than add on an additonal workout depending on a leg or upper day. Hope this helps!

This sounds terrific! Which Suzanne Bowen do you recommend?

Yes, Liz C7 is asking the same question I would have- especially since Mary's sale has just started today! DirtDiva- And, it is the teardrop area- forgot what it was called, but I guess I don't want to see many tears of Mine drop over my knee issues......... So I would guess that narrow squats also should be emphasized in my workouts. Yesterday I did Turbo Barre and it really felt quite good. I don't know about adding extra leg weights, as I did have an Achilles tear two years ago, but just want to strengthen and get the legs/knees in shape again.

Thanks to you all for jumping in on this one!
Mary

Well I just spent an hour looking at Mary's site at all the Barre DVDs. I ended up getting one called Sleek Barre ( think that's the name) $10.98, because it has Only Barre on it and there are 3 20 minute sessions which I can tack on to workouts. The clip showed a lot of "on the toes"( Tks Carie) which is what I do want. I certainly liked Suzanne Bowen's but they seemed more Total Body then emphasis on Barre on the toes.. BTW, since Misty Copeland has a new book out, there are lots of pictures of her out. She Certainly has the Most incredible legs possible-- ofcourse she only practices about 8 hours a day.. But she is an inspiration to Anyone of Any age.

Mary

Great information thank you will be adding Barre bonus to leg days [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have't changed my workouts but I started using the following.

http://www.ulta.com/retexturing-treatment?productId=xlsImpprod14531011 and retinol (the same I use on my face)

Retinol is about the only thing outside of lasers that will help with wrinkles. I'm not and don't expect to be wrinkle free but am looking smoother.

I can't stand barre workouts just absolutely boring and no I wouldn't do them even if it was the "cure" :D

I do my regular leg/butt work and do a spin class twice a week. I think all of it combine is helping my krinkles ;)

Cafelattee,

That retexturing lotion sounds Very interesting.. Not sure if I want to invest $42, but I would like to investigate other similar products, because I have seen retinol lotions for the body but never paid attention... If I come across and try something else, will pass it along. The Bike is ofcourse good and I Know the Stairmaster at the gym has to have an effect too. Problem is the three at our gym is usually occupied.

Tks for the tip.. Everything and Anything helps!!

Mary

Retinol is about the only thing outside of lasers that will help with wrinkles. I'm not and don't expect to be wrinkle free but am looking smoother.

I can't stand barre workouts just absolutely boring and no I wouldn't do them even if it was the "cure" :D

I do my regular leg/butt work and do a spin class twice a week. I think all of it combine is helping my krinkles ;)

Just:p :D:D I think it is fair to put the word cure between bracket;)
True though ;):D

Last edited:
Hannah,

Was at the gym today and did Extensions, Elliptical- and Bike-- all in one hour.. So let's see how All of this goes. Will report back in time.

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.