KK's June Check In

Good morning!

No official workouts for me this weekend, just tons of gardening. I had a bunch of that grass type of weed that invaded my front yard. I killed it all with roundup, but still had to take it out. So I weeded, raked, hoed, rotatilled, pitchforked, planted, planted and planted. I sure hope that I don't have to get in there too much any more. I planted ground cover and I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on it so that it gets good water and spreads fast! So I got a fairly good upper body workout this weekend with all that gardening.

Today was back to the routine....up at 5:00, did the new Slim series express....Cardio Sculpt. Didn't wear my HR monitor. I know that Debbie's routines really don't sustain my HR enough to even bother. But for a morning workout, it was just about right. Tony Horton's power 1/2 hours arrived today, so I can incorporate them in the mornings too.

Becky - Happy Birthday and I bet you are glad the tests are over.

Karen - hope the next is feeling 100% very soon.

Jeanette - the weather should be great for a ride this evening. I'm hoping to get some golf in maybe or if not, I might stick in one of the Christi step workouts to try out. I was a little bummed when I saw the workout time, but then after reviewing, I saw that they are all split into three sections, so you can easily stop and finish with the stretch.

Talk to you later!

Good Evening!:)

Jeanette, it sounds like you had a really great weekend -- all that shopping, plus time with your DS and Cass. And yes, I'm going to try Christi Taylor...you've talked so much about her, that I'm curious.

Rhea, sounds like quite a workout you did this weekend, with all the yard work -- yeah, quite an upper body workout, indeed. Up at 5 to workout, huh? I can understand wanting something not too long or intense. Workout time means alot to me, too. I wish I could do the longer workouts, but I seldom can.

Took the day off today. Worked out a total of 7 days last week, so today was my day off. Not sure now that I'll do the CTX this week -- but am unsure of the exact rotation yet. One thing I do think is that I haven't been scheduling in enough anaerobics and cardio -- I think I've advanced a little beyond what I've been doing for the past few years and so I need to up the amount of days of anaerobic and cardio -- that's one thing that the CTX series does -- maybe I'll do it again, just to get my bearings. And I probably need to add one more day of weights, as well, I think. Just not sure how to go about it yet.

And since it's late now, I think I'll just promise myself to do the CTX series again this week -- I'll add one day of stretching in there, too, to keep my flexibility continuing to get better.

Well, it's good to hear about your weekends and how you're doing. Becky, bet you're recovering a bit, huh?

Have a terrific day tomorrow and some wonderful workouts.:7

Good morning,
Today was S&H Shoulders, followed by Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio (1st 1/2 of workout, about 30 minutes). Tonite will be the time trial and that will be intense as usual. Hope there is not much wind tonite, maybe some new PB's will be set by folks out on the course? That would be cool. Hoping we get a bunch of ladies too.

Our new camping generator arrived yesterday so DH and I got it going, putting oil, gas and battery fluids in it. It's so nice and quiet. Will be a nice addition to our not very rugged camping trips LOL!

Karen, that rest day today was well deserved, you just go and go and go all the time. Are you touring this week?

Rhea, yes, yardwork can be a good workout for sure. If only I would do it. Might be able to get a little in this week, but sheesh, it's already shaping up to be busy every night. Do you like the Slim Series Express? I have SS but haven't really been tempted yet.

Must go,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Jeanette - the only reason I like the Express is because they are 1/2 hour and easy to do in the morning. I also got TH's power 1/2 hour. He is such a hoot. He goofs off much more in this series than the P90. I did the 1/2 hour this today, no too bad; once I get my balance a bit better in the a.m., then the thighs might burn a little more.

Karen - If I could get up a little early, I could throw CTX in there. I'm gradually working my way up to early. It is going to take quite a while though.

Becky - you much be out having fun. That's right, you had a bunch of company expected right after your boards.....Hope you are enjoying them.

Today was CTX Power Circuit, but I didn't do the back work or abs. My back is still not quite healed so I figured I'd do the back work on the same day that I do the lower body workout a little later this week. Got some more workout clothes today -- don't know what's up with that. :eek:

Today was a day off from the tour, and it was great to be able to get a few things done. Am hoping to be able to do the rest of the upper body and am working on a different sort of rotation that will gradually increase intensity with cardio and anaerobics. Haven't figured it out yet, though.

Jeanette -- how were the time trials? Did you beat your last one? Hopefully there wasn't much wind today. And a new generator -- we have one for our motor home, as well, but it's quite noisy. S&H are ones that I don't have -- what are they like? I notice your rotation has them in it recently.

Rhea -- that's really wise to work your way into the early morning workouts -- 1/2 hour is probably perfect, huh? There are a few early firms with Nancy that are also about 1/2 and are quite good workouts. That's quite a row to hoe -- 5 AM in the morning. Go Rhea!

Becky -- thanks for reminding me, Rhea, that Becky has company. Hope you are having fun, Becky.

Got a lot done today, so that's really good and got to spend time with my cats and dogs. The next few days might be intense -- but the tour is only another couple of weeks and then my hubby and I go to Montana and the Blackfeet rez.

Have a really super day and some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
I got up a little late so today was just a little from B&G floorwork, then did B&G stability ball abs and then on to Christi Taylor's Solid Gold step (no risers) to learn the first 3 combos better. She's so much fun. I don't expect to get any intensity during these learning sessions as I have to rewind a bit to learn the combos. Had plenty of intensity last night with the bike time trial. We had 14 riders, with 5 of them being women. I was off my personal best time by 9 seconds, but we had a slight headwind coming back so think that was the difference. Good, hard workout though. I hurt when I got done, but in a good way.

Karen, our new generator is really quiet, know we will enjoy having it for some of those little extras while out camping in the woods. How long will your vacation in Montana be? Hope the back is healing up. I thought it was your neck that was bothering you too? Darn those little injuries.

Rhea, glad you are getting the morning workouts in. That works for me as we only have one TV and I hate to take it away from DH watching the news at night. Did you golf last night? It was a nice evening.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good afternoon!

Well, this morning was a 30 minute yoga. Not sure what I want to do when I get home, because it is a little warm out there. I probably will put in the Totally Hot Cardio, just cause it was so much fun.

Yesterday I ended up doing the Slim Express Cardio Core in the p.m. and then went and played golf with the girls. I really like the core workout because it has a lot of rotation and I think it helps with the golf game, really loosened me up for yesterday.

I suppose I should get going. I'm getting stiff sitting here and working. Time for me to go home.

Hi ladies.

Wow...I had forgotten how to relax! We had company in all weekend and the last of them left today. Since our house was full, I couldn't really get a Cathe workout in, but I did manage to go for a run each day, including today. Tomorrow I plan on doing something of Cathe's w/ weights. I think a circuit...I feel like I need extra cardio after all the bad eating I did this week! (Oreo cookie ice cream cake w/ a fudge layer...super yummy)

We went to the beach every day except Monday when we went shopping instead. It feels so good to be a "normal person" again. :)

My family is coming in on Saturday, but only my little brother is actually staying at our apartment, so I'll be able to do Cathe workouts. He sleeps like a rock so it shouldn't even wake him up. :) Brian and I have a whole 2 days together w/out family...but it is good to see everyone. We don't get to see our family hardly at all since they all live up north and I don't get much time off of school to take trips up there.

It is pretty obvious though that no one ever visited us until we moved back closer to the beach. :)

Well ladies, I'd better go figure out something to occupy my evening. DH is doing some after-hours work and I don't know how to do nothing, so maybe I'll pre-read for surgery...or just watch the Food Network. Gosh it is weird to not be stressed out!

-Becky

It was CTX 10-10-10 today with triceps -- went light as the back is still recovering. Jeanette, it's both back and neck -- lower neck, I guess. Geez... Workout was great! And I love my new workout gear.

Jeanette -- Am glad there were 5 other women riders yesterday -- and 9 seconds off isn't all that bad -- and there was a wind. Those abs sound great -- I love practically anything that you do on the ball.

Rhea -- You sound busy, but keeping it going, anyway. Bet the golf relaxed you -- so good you're keeping in the workouts

Becky -- I bet it does seem strange to not be constantly stressed out. What a relief, huh? But you got through it -- interesting observation about the beach and family ;) Am glad to see it was fun and great despite any other "reasons" for visiting. Enjoy your time with your hubby!

Tomorrow's a rather heavy day schedule wise, so I'd better go and start the "going-to-bed" process and hopefully get up early and go. One thing about touring -- it is a rather humbling experience. Oh, well...

Have a super day tomorrow and some terrific workouts!:7 ;)

Hi,
Today was S&H Biceps, followed by Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin'. Really fun and fairly easy to catch onto. I'm always impressed at what a good cuer she is for this more complex choreography.

My sister came over last night and we did measuring on the wall that is to be tiled. DH is going to have to move a little short wall to make the tiling come out better. He's willing to do it, so will let him. Can't wait to pick out the tile!

Have a bike trip meeting tonite. Hopefully, we will be able to do a cycling trip this summer to Hood River, Oregon. We'll see at the meeting if there is enough interest. After the meeting, I need to grocery shop for the camping trip and pack stuff for camping tomorrow. Also have to get my bike ready for the century ride on Saturday. Whew!

Becky, must be a big relief to have that studying behind you. Glad you are enjoying your time with family.

Rhea, did you do Totally Hot Cardio? I can't wait to get that one. Glad you got the golfing in too. Glad you didn't see me suffering onthe time trial when I went past your house, it wasn't pretty!

Karen, happy you are enjoying your new workout clothes. Why is the touring a humbling experience? Hope you got plenty of rest last night and have a great time touring today. Hope the neck/back heals up a little more each day.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Yep, I popped in Totally Hot Cardio, but only managed to do the first half and the cool down and stretch. Got very tired and low blood sugar during the second half, so I ended up having to skip the second part. Darn it, that it my favorite! I got some of it in...but didn't make it to the last segment which I love. She does some innovative punching...i.e., grapevine with and upper cut and then a pony. It is just fun...(could be the music too, who knows.) Any hoo, I ate some PNB, took a ten minute power nap and I felt much better. I realized that my last protein was about four hours before my workout, so not enough in my system to counter those bits of carbs and caffeine I had for a snack.:+

I love new workout clothes. Haven't bought any lately, but I always look through the catalogs when I get them. I don't need anything right now either. I can't even get more in to the drawer when everything is washed. It's funny, right now, I've been so lax on my laundry that I'm actually out of workout tops.....that's sad. Believe me, if I'm low on items, then I have a loooooooooot of laundry to do.

Yes, why is touring a humbling experience? Have fun today.

Jeanette - have fun camping!

Good evening ladies.

Today I did BM2 Cardio & Weights premix. Good stuff.

Karen, I guess you are enjoying CTX? I think I will use that along w/ the Timesaver DVD and the treadmill during my surgery rotation.

Well, I gained 4-5 lbs over the past month and a half w/ my shorter workouts and bad eating and high stress levels. Back to the grindstone...as much as possible w/ all this company. I think the workouts will be fine, but it is the food that might be a problem. I'll try my best though. :)

Now it is time for bed. I hope everyone had a great day!

-Becky

It's bedtime for me, too. We were out late tonight and tomorrow is a long day, as well -- Saturday should be a little better. And then I have a few days off (will get my car fixed) and then we hit the book trail again.

It was Step & Intervals for me today -- good workout and short -- perfect for me right now. Becky -- I think CTX is great for when you're on a time schedule -- for me, also, it makes me do something different with my workouts -- so that's always a good thing.

I almost hate to go into why the touring is sometimes a humbling experience, and of course, it's not always so. I guess I could say that we call and write to let the store know we are coming and then we get there and oft times there are very few books on hand or sometimes no books. And usually we've come a long way. Then there's what we write -- romance -- and sometimes (of course not always) booksellers look upon our work with not a great deal of respect, which of course communicates to us. Deep sigh... x(

Jeanette -- how exciting that you are going to tile a wall -- and your sister is helping. What a fun project. That's right -- the time is getting right for your bike tour...and Oregon is so beautiful. Have fun on your camping trip, Jeanette and have a wonderful weekend with your Century ride and all. Go to it, Jeanette.

Rhea -- made me laugh -- this is how it is with me sometimes too with laundry. The new clothes are so much fun, though. I'm so glad I got them. I need to get one of Christi's workouts and give her a try. I get the low blood sugar sometimes, too. Have to watch it and keep my protein intake good, as well. Glad that a nap helped.

Becky -- bet those 4-5 lbs come off pretty well once you hop back into your life and settle down and get the exercise going again. Like you, it's what I eat that seems to effect my weight -- not necessarily the exercise -- although exercise is important.

Well, I have to get off to bed. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and a terrific weekend.:7

Good morning,
Today was S&H Chest (most of it) and then planks. Folowed it with learning another combo of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step. Just love her stuff. Will be camping this weekend, big century bike ride tomorrow so of course no DVD workout Saturday or Sunday.

Rhea, hope you catch up on that laundry. You're teasing me with Totally Hot Cardio. I ordered from DDD so will take forever to get probably, you know, that free shipping.

Karen, hope the touring goes well and everyone is ready for your visit. Probably won't check in until Monday. Hope you have a good weekend.

Great workouts!

Jeanette

Karen,

When you go on tour, does someone pay for your trips and sleeping arrangements? Or do you pay it? Just curious.

Congratulations on your new book! That is awesome. You have always been an inspiration to me.

My book is coming along very well. Sometimes I have to get out of bed so many times during the night to write down an idea. Ideas are flooding in and the book is becoming a book. I love the process.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good afternoon ladies.

I took Friday off as a rest day. I think I will continue w/ Fridays as rest days, especially during surgery rotation since Sunday is the only day I have off...so I can get a super good workout in on that day.

I did Low Max today. It is amazing how 1 month away from step can decondition me from it so much. Normally step wouldn't phase me...but my legs are sore. That's good. Guess it tells me that I should mix it up more and keep the body guessing.

Better go...my family should be getting here within the next hour and a half. Gotta make one last check of the house to make sure it is clean. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Becky

Somehow I lost my post. Oh, well... Haven't been able to post for the last few days -- am doing the CTX series -- including today -- but it's all been good. But this week I have an unusual schedule and so I need to adjust my rotation.

Jeanette - can't wait to hear about your camping trip, and your bike ride -- how did it all go? I'm sure the camping was fun, but tell us all about it.

Janie -- Hi! Of course I had to go and look at your pictures -- well done on losing that weight -- and slowly so as to keep it off -- that's such an accomplishment. But there were so few pictures of you, I noticed. It would be great to see more of you! : ) And you're a writer, too. What do you write? Oh, and to answer your question, authors pay the expenses -- unless perhaps you are one of the few best selling authors, and then I believe that touring is oftentimes part of their contract.

Becky -- Glad you worked out your schedule -- I've been having similar type of experiences as I get in these grooves and its hard to yank me out of them. But I need to rotate my workouts, as well, it appears.

Rhea -- how was your weekend? Any more yard work, or golfing?

Well, it's time to figure out the rotation for next week -- I have an unusual schedule coming up on Thurs, Fri & Sat and am not sure even yet of my exact schedule. So here goes.

Mon: ME -- long version
Tues: Drill Max -- anaerobic version
Wed: Bootcamp -- upper body and drills and abs only
Thurs: Pyramid Lower Body, plus cardio from CTX series -- drive to Vegas this day for a signing
Fri: IMAX2 -- will probably drive to Reno on this day
Sat: Cardio plus stretch -- in Reno and drive home
Sun: Day Off -- celebrate daughter's birthday

There we go. With this schedule, I won't have to take weights with me.

Have a really super day, everyone and some terrific workouts!
:7

Good morning,
Had a very nice weekend. Camping at the blackpowder shoot was fun. Bike ride had lots of riders attending, good food and weather. Only down part about the bike ride was around mile 99 or so, I got those inner thigh leg cramps that just grab and I have to stop. I had to get off the bike to stretch my inner thighs a couple of times, then spin back to the finish. They were a bear! 108 miles total in less than 7 hours.

Today is my first day of my Jari Love rotation. Did GR1000, really got my heart rate a going on this one. Good workout. Have lawns to mow after work today.

Karen, sorry you lost your post. I found that if I'm writing a post and going back and forth to the thread, if I check someone's picture trail, I'll lose the post. You have a busy week, travel in 2 different directions! I'll be traveling to Atascadero on Thursday and won't return until next Tuesday. Plan on doing some walking with my sister while down there for exercise.

Becky, Lowmax is a good step rotation. That one really makes me sweat too.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Had a great weekend too. Read, played golf, worked out, shopped, ate waaaay too much bad stuff, but oh well.

Hmm, I think I forgot to post on Friday. Was too excited about the weekend I guess. Friday was a rest day. I was tired for some reason.
Saturday I did an old Kathy Smith Step workout and then the Cardio Core Express. Plus played 18 holes of golf. Sunday was a trip to Reno with DH to meet up with my mom and step-dad. She gave me my BD present which was also part of my "inheritance" She had a ring made with my birthstone (an alexandrite) and diamonds from her wedding rings. So I'm now wearing this beautiful piece of jewelry. I wish I could show it to you.

Well, got to run and get to court. Have a nice day everyone!

Day off today and it was beautiful -- what a gorgeous day here in southern CA. It was ME for me today -- full version -- went light on back and biceps as I'd just worked those on Sunday with CTX -- always love ME.

Jeanette -- the blackpowder shoot sounds so much fun -- but my goodness 106 miles in 7 hours. Whew! Sorry that your inner thigh cramped up -- but at least with a little stretching it was fine -- and here you are today -- working out. I think that is what happened -- in looking at pictures, I must've lost my post.

Rhea -- what a relaxing weekend, it sounds. Haven't done a Kathy Smith workout in a while. That ring really sounds beautiful. What a sweet, sweet gesture -- and one of love. You are fortunate to have her -- my parents have been gone for many years. What a nice weekend.

Becky -- have you jumped out of the pan and into the fire? Hope not, but if so, I know you'll rise to it.

Tomorrow is an anaerobic exercise for me tomorrow (cardio, as well). Am upping my cardio/anaerobic, as well as weights this week -- am in a real stall with my weight and am going to try to see if exercise will at least help me to get it down.

Another day off tomorrow -- am taking my car in tomorrow -- and then need to pack for these short, little trips.

Have a terrific day, everyone and some great workouts!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.