Kickboxing Workouts?

pussycat

Cathlete
I have all of Cathe's KB workouts and am hoping she is going to do a series of them as rumor has it. But in the meantime, what are some good kickboxing workouts? I find BB and TJ too un-kickboxing. I want something controled and intense...like Cathes.;) Anyone have any suggestions for me? TIA!:)

I heard Powerstrike Millenium is supposed to be the best.
Amy bento has a kickboxing workout out now.
Kelly Coffey has a step kick boxing workout coming out soon available on pre-order I believe. I'm looking forward to this.
Janis Saffell's Kick It is okay.
Tracey Steahle's high intensity kickbox challenge is fun, but it might be too short at 37 minutes - though it's followed by a 46 minute sculpting workout.
P90x's Kenpo X is good -but it's not sold separately. You'd have to pick this up on ebay.

I love kickboxing. My favorites are Tae-bo, Powerstrike and Kimberly Spreen. I like Turbo Jam as well, but if you don't like Turbo Jam, I don't think you would care for Amy Bento. You can view a clip of her Kickboxing Extreme workout at NRGfitness.com.

Iris

I've heard of Powerstrike but am having a hard time finding them. I was thinking of trying Amy Bento and Janis Saffell. I'd love P90X but it's not in the budget right now....and I really, really like Cathe's sculpting workouts.;-)

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Iris~
Is Amy Bento that much like TJ? Would you say any of them have the same intensity as Cathe? Are the Powerstrikes the same level and how do you get them?

TIA

Susan

I like Kickboxing for Dummies with Keli Roberts and Killer Back and Abs with Michael Olajide.

I really like Tae Bo advanced lived get ripped series. Is that a long enough name for you. My dvd has 2 hour long workouts on it and one eight min w/out which is actually more like 20 min. the w/outs are non stop kboxing and move very fast.
LD

>I have all of Cathe's KB workouts and am hoping she is going
>to do a series of them as rumor has it.

That's a new rumor to me! (But I'd be happy if she did...especially if they're similar to KPC rather than KM).

(She is planning a series---at coming out at once--that includes 4 BOXING workouts).

For good, controlled KB workouts, nothing beats Powerstrike.

>I have all of Cathe's KB workouts and am hoping she is going
>to do a series of them as rumor has it.

That's a new rumor to me! (But I'd be happy if she did...especially if they're similar to KPC rather than KM).

(She is planning a series---at coming out at once--that includes 4 BOXING workouts).

For good, controlled KB workouts, nothing beats Powerstrike.

>Is Amy Bento that much like TJ? Would you say any of them
>have the same intensity as Cathe? Are the Powerstrikes the
>same level and how do you get them?

You can see comments on this workout in the thread on "Amy Bento." Somewhere below here. (Most of us who are sticklers for form have a hard time with it, without making modifications to allow for correct form).

>Is Amy Bento that much like TJ? Would you say any of them
>have the same intensity as Cathe? Are the Powerstrikes the
>same level and how do you get them?

You can see comments on this workout in the thread on "Amy Bento." Somewhere below here. (Most of us who are sticklers for form have a hard time with it, without making modifications to allow for correct form).

I recently ordered Powerstrike workouts directly form the Powerstrike company. You have to send an email to [email protected] Powerstrike Millenium #1 and #2 ($25.00 each plus S&H) are available only on vhs and #3 and #4 ($27.00 each plus S&H) are both available on DVD. HTH

I recently ordered Powerstrike workouts directly form the Powerstrike company. You have to send an email to [email protected] Powerstrike Millenium #1 and #2 ($25.00 each plus S&H) are available only on vhs and #3 and #4 ($27.00 each plus S&H) are both available on DVD. HTH

Kathryn:

I respect your opinions, so, which are the best 2 Powerstrikes out of the 4? And also, if you have time, why do you select those 2?

Thanks,

Clare

Katherine~
I guess I misunderstood...darn it! :-( But I'm sure they will be awesome regardless of what they incorporate. Another "have to buy" item. :D

>Kathryn:
>
>I respect your opinions, so, which are the best 2 Powerstrikes
>out of the 4?

I don't have 4 yet (I'm waiting until it is easier to order, and shows up on Amazon, which it's supposed to do at some point 'soon.')

Of the other three (that are now in print...there are about 10 previous Powerstrikes that are OOP, and have anywhere from nauseatingly dizzingly bad camera work to acceptable production quality, I wish they were on DVD, because my videos are deteriorating!) 1 and 2 are the most intense (but on video only). I like 3 as well---many people find it 'too intermediate,' but I like the way it practices form in the beginning and gradually builds up in intensity.

One thing some people don't like about Powerstrike is that they usually do all the combos on one side before going to the other side but I like their concentration on form, and you can really work on it (as well as intensity). PS are not 'choreographed' as in 'dancy' at all, but they have an authentic martial arts feel about them.

I just wish they'd get themselves together and make a series of workouts that are easy to purchase and not so pricey!

I was just corresponding with them the other day and here is the information I received:

We are now selling the Powerstrike and Forza workouts directly through our NY office.
Powerstrike with Ilaria #4 is the latest kickboxing workout produced and created by Ilaria Montagnani, it is easy to follow but it includes some advanced karate moves and it is an intense workout 1 hour long, the beginning includes an explanation of the techniques used in the routines.
FORZA Samurai Sword Training is a 60-minute full-body workout based on Japanese Samurai training. With a wooden sword (or a wood stick) you will safely learn the basic exercises and routines that condition the body and mind of a true warrior. At the beginning there’s a full explanation on how to hold and strike with the bokken sword.

FORZA Samurai Sword Training - $ 30 plus $3 S&H Total $ 33
POWERSTRIKE with Ilaria #4 - $ 27 plus $3 S&H Total $ 30

We also have available for sales the following items:
POWERSTRIKE #1 (only VHS) - $ 25 US Dollars plus S&H
POWERSTRIKE #2 (only VHS) - $ 25 US Dollars plus S&H
POWERSTRIKE #3 (DVD) - $ 27 US Dollars plus S&H

To place an order please send us an email, we will send you a confirmation back and we will ship once we receive the payment.
At the moment we only take checks and International Money Orders in US Dollar from our Canadian customers.
USA: One item add $ 3 to tape or DVD cost, 2 items add $ 6, 3 items add $ 7, 4 items add $ 8.
CANDA: One item add $ 4 to tape or DVD cost, 2 items add $ 8, 3/4 items add $ 12.

Please send a check to:
Powerstrike Inc.
100 West 72nd Street # 5G
New York, NY 10023
USA

Email is [email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.